http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4027503

1. Miami Dolphins ------ 152-104 -.594

2. Carolina Panthers --- 151-104 -.592

3. New England Puts --- 151-105 -.590

4. Atlanta Falcons ------ 150-105- .588

5. Tampa Bay Bucs --- 148-107- .580

6. Buffalo Bills --------- 146-110 -.570

7. New York Jets ------ 145-110 - .568

'Til the season begins, we really don't know whether a schedule is tough or not. A couple years ago, how many people thought the Saints would be any good, particularly in the aftermath of Katrina? What 'bout Atlanta last year? W/ the way free agency has changed the game, it's just far too difficult to predict how teams will fare over the course of a season. What someone did in the previous season doesn't necessarily translate to the current season, as I'm sure Miami fans would gladly attest to.

'Til the season begins, we really don't know whether a schedule is tough or not. A couple years ago, how many people thought the Saints would be any good, particularly in the aftermath of Katrina? What 'bout Atlanta last year? W/ the way free agency has changed the game, it's just far too difficult to predict how teams will fare over the course of a season. What someone did in the previous season doesn't necessarily translate to the current season, as I'm sure Miami fans would gladly attest to.

You are missing an "a" here

Yeah, but.. It's safe to say it doesn't bode well for the Royal, Scarlet & White. Last year's sched looked great for Buffalo and we absolutely should have expected playoffs, based on our opponents previous year records. With the exception of the undefeated Pats*, everybody in the East sucked in '07. In '08, everyone BUT us had a winning record. We managed to blow it for 7-9 consistency's sake... :(

Bills will get hammered this year. 6-10, DJ fired halfway through. TO goes nuts. This will be the beginning of the end of the Bills in WNY. It's over guys. the Pats will be awesome (they have something like 6 picks in the top 100 this year), the Phins will be better and we play titans, indy, saints, carolina... it is going to be awful... Lion-esqe in fact...

I don't think it matters too much, to be honest. Regardless of whether the Bills finished in 1st or last place in 2008, they would still have to play those 6 division games -- in which we went 0-6 last year. The year before that the team went 4-2 in the division and finished in 2nd place. So, who knows? The truth of the matter is that the team only got beaten badly in one of their 9 losses last year, the one against the Cardinals -- the eventual NFC Super Bowl representative. With just some minor improvements the team should win at least half of their division games; they should at least NOT be 0-6 again. Outside the division, it's anybody's guess.

Great insight. What's your opinion of what will happen if we don't "play our cards right"?

doomed

This team's offseason to date has been a cluster !@#$, but...they can make it better if...

They find a way to solidify the o-line. We've got a hole at guard and uncertainty at LT. Have we fixed the center position for the short term? Do we insert a rookie center and move Hangartner to guard?

Get consistent pressure on the QB...we need a DE who can get to the passer. We need one more DT.

Get decent LB play...Poz did not impress me last year but hopefully his development continues. Ellison should not be on the field. Mitchell can hold up his end of the bargain (but only that) if Poz plays better and we have an actual NFL LB starting in Ellison's place.

Find an option at TE.

Figure out the RB position. Lynch has a suspension hanging over his head. Jackson needs to be signed for 3 years. Why has darn near every available RB been brought in this offseason? What does the FO know that we don't? Do we need to have an honest to goodness NFL FB on the roster?

That's a lot to figure out and I'm sure I've forgotten something. History tells us that the inner circle sucks at poker so my optimism level is hovering around 5-11/6-10.

80% of the schedule is set 10 years in advance, SOS is nearly as perfectly random as you can get.

I would disagree and agree with you at the same time.

The only hit to our schedule last year that we did not see coming was the Jets getting Farve and inturn Miami getting Chad now if The jets kept chad and did the revolving QB then we could have easily split those two games or even 3/4 it would not have put us in the playoffs but it would have given us a winning receord.

What this shows is the AFC east is a tough division. When all four teams from the division are in the top 7, that proves it. Not to mention the NFC south is going to be tough too.

But till you play the games you have no idea. The NFL seems to consistently turn itself upside down every year. Phins are the prime example of that.

What this shows is the AFC east is a tough division. When all four teams from the division are in the top 7, that proves it. Not to mention the NFC south is going to be tough too.

But till you play the games you have no idea. The NFL seems to consistently turn itself upside down every year. Phins are the prime example of that.

no, what this shows is that the AFC East will face two of the tougher divisions in the NFL in the NFC South and AFC South