2009 TBD 3 Round Mock Draft Peanut Gallery

R. Rich

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants fill another need by selecting LT Gerald Cadogan from Penn State. Cadogan's development into a solid pro would allow the Giants to move David Diehl back to the right side where he may be a better fit and a more permanent solution at RT.

Pass rush? Read the article on the main page about Vontae Davis. At least with mock drafts we can pretend that the Bills care about the lines.

You're right. Interviewing a player means we're drafting them in round 1.

St. Louis and the NY Giants have made a trade:

St. Louis trades the #66 pick to the Giants for picks #91 and #100

NOTE: For the purpose of this mock, since it's only 3 rounds, you can trade compensatory picks in lieu of later round picks.

Nice pick, Cincy. He would've gone to Oakland.

Thanks. Sorry about the Harvin pick...I was star-struck!

Their OL/Asst HC coach has a history of doing a decent job coaching up players. But one wonders how that will work out this coming season. Fitzgerald's quick run decisions, and opponents not having much of a "book" on him masked the injury losses - albeit in losing efforts nonetheless.

BTW, their '05 #4 C Eric Ghiacuic is still out there. He did his best to fill Rich Braham's big shoes when thrust into action. No more than adequate, but he did his best. My impression is that his shoulder injury is his demise - CIN had in recent years hung onto hurt OLs. They gave '05 #5 OT Adam Keift three years, C Ben Wilkinson , two.

BTW #2 - PSU's Kilmer. They kept him on the roster for about a half of a season hoping his injury would resolve. What a shame; he was going to be one of those great finds.

And I'll argue long and hard about Ki-Jana Carter with anybody... :(

Injuries...

And I'll argue long and hard about Ki-Jana Carter with anybody... :(

Injuries...

That was a heart breaker. He had all the tools to be a star RB in the pros, and then gets a major injury on his first snap in preseason! He was the best RB PENN STATE had since Curt Warner, another guy who was robbed of greatness by injuries.

That was a heart breaker. He had all the tools to be a star RB in the pros, and then gets a major injury on his first snap in preseason! He was the best RB PENN STATE had since Curt Warner, another guy who was robbed of greatness by injuries.

I got to see what little he played with CIN. Well, the away games on tv - they didn't sell out then. That injury was followed by a sideline out-of-bounds freak fall on the wrist/arm , IIRC.

Nice hands, fine blocker, and one of those with that gift of punching it in over the goal line. Remember that one season Roosevelt Leaks had with BUF?

Carter would have been a touchdown machine, IMO. With his limited stats, he's up there in tds/carry.

Not bad! Only off by 40 minutes or so.

So, who do you think had a good mock draft? Personally, I like Denver's. Considering they're trying to equip their team to run a 3-4, they add Aaron Maybin to rush the passer, Ron Brace to stuff the run, Malcolm Jenkins to bolster their secondary (@ either corner or safety), and a pair of inside 'backers in Jasper Brinkley and Scott McKillop to give 'em depth as Andra Davis isn't getting any younger and Boss Bailey has trouble staying healthy.

So, who do you think had a good mock draft? Personally, I like Denver's. Considering they're trying to equip their team to run a 3-4, they add Aaron Maybin to rush the passer, Ron Brace to stuff the run, Malcolm Jenkins to bolster their secondary (@ either corner or safety), and a pair of inside 'backers in Jasper Brinkley and Scott McKillop to give 'em depth as Andra Davis isn't getting any younger and Boss Bailey has trouble staying healthy.

No getting around NE's* six picks, of course, but I think JAX, with DT Raji, OT Eban Britton, and CB Coye Francies, had a good draft.

Sorry for the flake job yesterday, I appreciate the CB pick. Thanks for all the time you spent on this over the past week, I had a blast trying to keep up with it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.