Cutler trade and how it changes the dynamics of the draft

Magox

First off, Thank God he isn't a Jet!

and for that matter out of the AFC.

Now that Denver has Kyle Orton as their best QB option, one has to believe that they are looking for a QB through the draft. I would have to imagine other teams are thinking the exact same thing.

So their pick is #12

We are #11

There could be a decent chance that someone will want to trade up into our #11 spot knowing that Denver could be looking for one of the 3 QB's Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman.

Maybe we can pick up a few picks, could be good for us.

Now that Denver has Kyle Orton as their best QB option, one has to believe that they are looking for a QB through the draft. I would have to imagine other teams are thinking the exact same thing.

So their pick is #12

We are #11

There could be a decent chance that someone will want to trade up into our #11 spot knowing that Denver could be looking for one of the 3 QB's Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman.

Still cracks me up how you are so thankful he is not a Jet after bashing him for the better part of 3 weeks saying how he chokes, is a turnover machine, etc, etc...you have to admit, its pretty ironic...

And yes, as I posted in other posts, I think our slot has become red hot for a trade and we could parlay it into a nice bounty...

I think the Broncos obviously aren't going to want Orton and Simms as their starting QBs going forward. I'm kinda surprised that a deal didn't go down that involved the Broncos getting a starter in return. The Broncos must like one of the QBs, probably Freeman or Sanchez while using Orton as the short-term starter.

The Broncos could also move up with these picks.

Still cracks me up how you are so thankful he is not a Jet after bashing him for the better part of 3 weeks saying how he chokes, is a turnover machine, etc, etc...you have to admit, its pretty ironic...

And yes, as I posted in other posts, I think our slot has become red hot for a trade and we could parlay it into a nice bounty...

But you know Alpha, if you read my posts in its entirety, which sometimes I really don't believe you do, I think you read one comment and then you get all worked up and my feeling is that you don't read the rest of the post. Anyways, I had stated on a few different occasions that he was a good QB, even better than Edwards at this point.

I just pointed out what I thought to be his weak points, and that I wouldn't want to trade for him for all the reasons I had mentioned before.

Let's face it, the Jets would have been much better off with him.

Now another thing that I am happy about is that we won't be hearing these "Let's trade for Cutler threads". haha

I do think that we are a big time target for a trade.

So their pick is #12

We are #11

Great Point, 'Gox!

Detroit (#1 and 20), Rams (#2), and Jax (#8) saw this trade go down, too, and it might affect their decisions there, but Freeman is still likely there at #11 for several teams to fight over.

The short list would be Detroit (at #20), Bucs, Jets. The longer list would add Panthers, Seahawks, Titans.

What If Detroit wants #11 now? See my sig.

So their pick is #12

We are #11

We'll be trading with someone if the Broncos don't move up. Either the Jets will trade up, or the Broncos will have to trade up one spot to guarantee no one else trades with the Bills. I doubt we'd want to trade with the Jets to give them a franchise QB, so I can see the Broncos moving up one spot. Of course, that's assuming one of the other teams above us doesn't trade down. It'll be interesting to see how draft day goes.

I really wouldnt have cared if he was a Jet because they would have had to give up multiple picks to get him and after already blowing a 2nd on Favre they would have mortgaged a lot of high picks for 2 QBs and its not like they are one player away amd could afford to give up picks for a super bowl run

the Jets have one quality receiver, a good young TE, an overpriced O-line and an aging RB...the Jets didnt scare me last year with Favre and wouldnt have scared me this year with Cutler

I think there is a good chance now that Denver will want to trade up with the Bills to 11 in exchange for the 12th over all pick. The Bills would pick up a additional 3rd pick from Denver...... Denver would do this to prevent any other team trading with the Bills to get a hot QB. Looking good for the Bills right now... The Bills could still move lower in the draft depending on what happens with Peters on draft day. That senario is still to be played out come April 25th... Bills need a major sure fire player with their first pick. Some of the Defensive Ends / linebackers have questionable attributes meaning they are too short, not enough experience etc. It is going to get interesting as draft day approaches thanks to the Denver/Chicago trade..... It would behove the Bills to move lower in the draft if they can receive good compensation. Bills lacking top talent in many positions and getting extra draft picks on draft day will help get the talent they need. Go Bills ......

Great Point, 'Gox!

Detroit (#1 and 20), Rams (#2), and Jax (#8) saw this trade go down, too, and it might affect their decisions there, but Freeman is still likely there at #11 for several teams to fight over.

The short list would be Detroit (at #20), Bucs, Jets. The longer list would add Panthers, Seahawks, Titans.

What If Detroit wants #11 now? See my sig.

You're right Astro. You have to believe that they are at least entertaining the idea of not picking up a QB with their #1 pick. They could look to trade their #20 and another pick for our #11 pick to get a QB.

It's a possibility

I have a feeling that the Bronco's stuck it to Cutler on this. Usually, when the Jets and Redskins go after someone, they are hard to be denied. I bet that they all had the same offer on the table and felt that the Bears would be the worse place for Cutler to perform. I know this sounds petty, but hasn't this whole situation been.

Either way, I think the Bronco's got screwed here. Unless they think Orton can be the guy, the Bronco's are going to have to use one of those First Rounders on a QB, which is a crapshoot talent-wise, probably a loss. They may have to package their picks to move over Buffalo if Stafford goes first, cause the Jags are looking at Sanchez. It won't help that the Bronco's are also losing a 5th in the deal. If that happens, they will end up with just next year's first and the hope that their new rookie QB works out.

Atleast we can stop talking about him and he didn't go to the Jets.

I have a feeling that the Bronco's stuck it to Cutler on this. Usually, when the Jets and Redskins go after someone, they are hard to be denied. I bet that they all had the same offer on the table and felt that the Bears would be the worse place for Cutler to perform. I know this sounds petty, but hasn't this whole situation been.

Either way, I think the Bronco's got screwed here. Unless they think Orton can be the guy, the Bronco's are going to have to use one of those First Rounders on a QB, which is a crapshoot talent-wise, probably a loss. They may have to package their picks to move over Buffalo if Stafford goes first, cause the Jags are looking at Sanchez. It won't help that the Bronco's are also losing a 5th in the deal. If that happens, they will end up with just next year's first and the hope that their new rookie QB works out.

Atleast we can stop talking about him and he didn't go to the Jets.

I am actually more concerned now that Freeman might go to the Jets. I think he has major size, good arm, and mobility. He'll be better than Cutler in a couple years.

I am actually more concerned now that Freeman might go to the Jets. I think he has major size, good arm, and mobility. He'll be better than Cutler in a couple years.

I agree and I think that will be a great thing for us. Both the Bucs and Jets are supposedly drooling for Freeman. Also, I wonder if this changes Detroit's thought process. I bet they were planning on grabbing Jason Smith, then getting a QB with their 2nd 1st rounder. They might need to trade up to do that now. We need to pimp these teams hard.

Pick up some extra picks, draft PEttigrew or Jerry from Ole Miss and we have a great foundation.

Well I'll be the first to play devil's advocate and say it:

I'm probably wrong again but I'm not totally convinced that the Broncos will covet a quarterback. Here's why:

Kyle Orton can be their bridge quarterback for a year or two. Denver has torn down their team a la the Kansas City Chiefs last year and are under no pressure to win immediately. Everyone knows they are rebuilding both offense and defense.

Secondly, wonder boy Josh McDaniels allegedly did a great job developing Matt Cassell last year. Now he has the opportunity to do the same with Chris Simms, a guy who hasn't gotten a fair shake yet due to his speenectomy and Gruden's strange compulsive quarterback games.

So that's why I feel QB is not a slam dunk for Denver.

As for if Cutler had ended up with the Jets, it might have been a great move for them or it could have been one of the spectacular train wrecks in recent NFL history. We'll never know.