Reality Check

BillsNYC

Hello? We lost our 3rd string QB, that probably wouldn't have played a down this year, for half the season. It is not such a serious injury that he can't bounce back from it. If anything, this will force him to learn to slide and be safer on the field.

Miami lost their starting running back and wide receiver, and don't have a clear starter at QB. They also just lost their starting defensive end.

Chill out for christ sakes!

Hello? We lost our 3rd string QB, that probably wouldn't have played a down this year, for half the season. It is not such a serious injury that he can't bounce back from it. If anything, this will force him to learn to slide and be safer on the field.

Miami lost their starting running back and wide receiver, and don't have a clear starter at QB. They also just lost their starting defensive end.

Chill out for christ sakes!

7345[/snapback]

I agree. My only concern is what impact will it have on his development and will he be the same after the injury?

Even those in the Bledsoe won't turn it around camp (myself included) need to realize Drew was going to be given the first 8-10 games anyways regardless of how poorly he played. The thing JP will miss the most is the final 2 preseason games. He wasn't going to sniff the field before week 10 anyways, and the timetable has him back by then.

I remember back when Jack Kemp went down for the season during camp. That was a bad year for injuries, alright. By the time it was all over, we had Ed Rutkowski as QB.

The moral of the story is that either:

1. JP Losman will be a heluva politician.

or

2. This is not a big deal compared to the past.

Losman would have won the #2QB job after preseason. he played vary well in the 2 preseason games, and it looked like he would continue to play well. i have NO CONFIDENCE in brown, and i think hes only there cus he knows the plays. if Brown accually comes on the field at any point in the year we will loose that game, and any other he plays in. (or run the ball 45+ times).

Losman was forced to earn the backup spot, (a first round pick usually thinks he has a chance to start his rookie year...). he needed time to learn the plays, or atleast get an idea of what offence we run. the coaches made him work for it, and i thaught it was a good idea.

now hes out for 8+ weeks... so what happenes if bledsoe gets hurt (since he was sacked 40+ times last year). you really want BROWN commin in and playing....

he was cut last year, and i think the year befor too.

loseman showed he could make accurate and long throws. which is alot more than brown has shown us... we all know bledsoe was the starter all this year, and maybe even next year, but now... every time bledsoe is sacked we will have to hold our breath, all cus our QB doesnt know how to slide, and our CB cant avoid hitting a red-shirt QB in practice.

Here's my math, 3wks till the 1st game, then we have bye wk in the 3rd wk. After

the 5th game, its 8wks he out, with any luck @ all, we have 10 games left. How do not keep him on the 53 roster, not let be active for those games ?

so what happenes if bledsoe gets hurt (since he was sacked 40+ times last year). you really want BROWN commin in and playing....

And you think, based on his play so far, that having Losman as your #2 is going to save your season if Bledsoe gets hurt?

Have you been watching Losman play??? He's raw, man. He's not ready to save anything should Bledsoe get hurt.

And you think, based on his play so far, that having Losman as your #2 is going to save your season if Bledsoe gets hurt?

Have you been watching Losman play??? He's raw, man. He's not ready to save anything should Bledsoe get hurt.

7423[/snapback]

C'mon Mock. We all know more than Mularkey does about the QBs. <_<

You mean that half a game vs. a defense comprised of people who will be bagging groceries in a week didnt prove that Losman is the Second Coming?

he was cut last year

TB was cut last year because he broke a finger on his throwing hand in camp. The Bills IR'd him because they wanted to use the roster spot for someone else. The reached an injury settlement with him and cut him, so that he could re-sign when the injury had healed, which he did and played in the last two games.

He has played much better this preseason, and actually shows a lot of mobility in the pocket. He has had to play against better players than JP this preseason as well. All of our Qbs have been going through the learning curve of a brand new offense.

While I don't like the idea of having to rely on TB for too many games, I would not have wanted to with JP this year either.

Drew has to stay healthy and be our QB this season. The fact that they have installed an offense and an internal clock for Drew should lessen the punishment he takes this year. I am more worried about our O-line getting healthy than I am about TB.

Please go buy a Brady jersey.  NOW.

7756[/snapback]

I was in Champion Sportswear last week looking for a Ricky Williams jersey for my wife's friend who's a Dolfan.(Just to rub it in :D )

Champion no longer sells NFL jerseys, or shirts. When I asked they said they no longer have the Liscense to make them... It's too bad, because you used to be able to get some really cheap stuff there.... :P