What is our Philosphy?

Lets not turn this into a flame agains JP or Trent.

But TD brought in JP to be a deep threat QB he is great at the medium long range passes. Then they wanted him to manage the game instead of chucking the ball down the field so then i thought we were a dink and dunk team taking atlest one medium range pass down the field. Then I thought we were suppose to be a running team as well. Next we sign TO not that i am completely oppsed to this after thinking about it for awhile but I am questioning the Philosphy of the team are we a running team that dinks and dunk or are we now going to be a passing team with a little run. The TO thing makes no sense hes not a possesion receiver hes a deep threat like Evans. Trent is not a deep ball guy hes a guy very comfortable with the 10 yards or under no way you can intercept my ball type passes. How is this going to bode. The question has always been out there it was even more evident when you had the announcers stating the Offense has no Idenity and oonce again I look at this upcoming season as an offense with no Identity. Ae we going to be using the pass to set up the run or the run to set up the pass are we still going to be dink and dunk move the chains only type of offense because if that is the case why the hell are we spending 22 mil on our top 4 receivers?

I think offensively, we are a run team that wants to throw in the short to intermediate, having the occasional deep "shot" down the field when coverage dictates it. I think the problem has been thus far the number 2, the tight end, the line at times and the quarterback. If the QB can get the ball out, the number 2 is here now (Owens), we'll draft/trade for the TE/use Schouman and Fine a little bit. The line is going to be a pickle until that's settled.

I think it's all a conspiracy, plotted against Poet Claw, to make him believe that the Bills FO is trying to lose, so he can go root for another team

To what degree are the trying to win?

1. They kept a Coach who has gone 7-9 the past 3 years and of those 9 losees last season 6 were against our division-Should have been fired

2. The OL needed 2 players to upgrade- So we get 1 and lose 4 including depth with 1 in serious jeopardy

3. Argue the point all you want Greer was the best CB on our team he is gone replaced with another guy that was once good in hopes that the system will make him good again a 6 mil gamble

4. The back up Qb isnt going to teach Trent a damn thing and certainly isnt going to push him for the job once he falters thus no back up plan

5. TO- as much as everyone loves him and thinks he makes us an instant contender is purely the Marketing move this team needed to sell tickets- I like the idea of him to ease the double team on evans then I thought about our QB and said he doens throw more than 5 yeards at a time and will only take 1 shot down the field. This is going to spell disaster once TO starts calling trent out on his ability to throw to him I can se it coming but on the flip side TO has the Attitude this team has long needed The winning attitude he might be able to motivate them better then DJ ever will. Then again its all a toin Toss on this move.

6. Still havent addressed the TE and I would rarther an expereince TE , Known quantity if youd like then to draft someone becuase this team cannot get it right with the TEs in the draft.

7. The OLB is the next need getting overshadowed need someone with experience if we are looking to make this a winning season.

To sum it up too many holes and TO signing does not overshadow all those holes in my mind to make this team better than the 7-9 they have been. Unless I am missing something I see nothing improved on this team compared to last year!!!

One thing about Owens Poetic, TO is a guy that is a move the chains underneath - he thrives on the run after the catch with the digs, slants and all the other west coast staples. Granted, he can beat you deep, but by and large TO will be getting a lot of yards underneath while Evans goes deep...

1. Don't spend money on head coaches.

2. Continuity.

3. Overpay O-linemen and D-linemen.

4. Draft DBs early and often.

5. Continuous rebuilding.

6. Sell a game or two to another market/county.

7. Do whatever is required to propagate the smoke and mirror mentality at One Bills drive. (See every draft)

8. Get as many season tickets sold prior to season starting as possible, see T.O. signing.

9. Miss the playoffs for more consecutive years than all but 1 current NFL team.

10. Have a coaching staff inplace and intact that just can't figure it out.

:thumbsup::)

- We have a Subpar front office (Director of Pro Personnel, John Guy, and Marketing/GM Russ Brandon) both are in over their heads

- We have poor personel (no Pro Bowl starters)

- We have an injury plaqued QB

- We have a RB that continually gets into trouble with the law

- We have a LT that thinks he is the best at his position even though the tape and his stats do not back up his beliefs

- We have a great Special Teams coach and unit

That is what we are.

I think the Bills philosophy is to keep sailing the ship straight. Find every way to avoid making major changes and hope the team does well enough, meaning 8-8 or better in 09, to keep the front office the same until RW passes.

Ralph is 90, and the Bills haven't made an administrative change since Donahoe was fired. I'd argue the Brandon era is an extension of Levy's tenure as GM. Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, Brandon, and the man behind everything Littman are still running the show. Jauron is still the HC, despite the fact that 31 other teams would have fired him by now.

I think the Bills philosophy is to keep sailing the ship straight. Find every way to avoid making major changes and hope the team does well enough, meaning 8-8 or better in 09, to keep the front office the same until RW passes.

Ralph is 90, and the Bills haven't made an administrative change since Donahoe was fired. I'd argue the Brandon era is an extension of Levy's tenure as GM. Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, Brandon, and the man behind everything Littman are still running the show. Jauron is still the HC, despite the fact that 31 other teams would have fired him by now.

Keep sailing the ship straight? The Bills' ship is rudderless.

When a CBS analyst is actually telling the viewing audience that 100% of the time Trent calls out an audible, the play is a handoff to the RB up the gut, and that announcer is never proven wrong...well, maybe this helps explain Dick Jauron's approval rating. I foresee Jauron being given a Bernie Madoff-like reception at the conclusion of the final Bills home game this season.