Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

At 25 years old, even with a whiny attitude, Cutler is a beast. I'd take him in a heartbeat. As one previous poster mentioned, Cutler is 13-1 when his defense actually shows up (which is rare in Denver). You'd have to imagine that he could continue putting up numbers like that with a decent defense (I'd say ours is an upgrade over Denver's D).

Also, the implications that he could have for Lynch/Jackson are crazy to think about. Our running game is already good, and we're thought of as a run first team. Cutler (along with the changes in the WR corps) makes us an instant pass first team.

Imagine what ML/FJ could do when defenses are forced not to stack players in the box and respect our passing game slightly more.

That being said, I somehow doubt we'll pay the asking price for Cutler or we'll be able to compete with some of the bids other franchises will offer. Hopefully he just doesn't end up playing for the Jets.

I agree 100%. It's kind of like the TO situation. I don't want him. I don't want him....oooh we have him? Excellent move.... :thumbsup:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no debate! edwards has done nothing compared to cutler

Cutler hasn't done much either. I would take these young QBs over Cutler:

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Matt Cassel

Matt Schaub

They are all considerably better than Cutler is now. I have no faith that Cutler could come into Buffalo and play well, as our offensive talent is nowhere near Denver's, and he would not get to throw the ball 40 times a game. If you offered me TE for Cutler, i would probably take it, but i would NOT give up anything additional for him.

I agree 100%. It's kind of like the TO situation. I don't want him. I don't want him....oooh we have him? Excellent move.... :thumbsup:

I still don't really want him. But, it isn't as bad as if the Bills had drafted him. I'm guessing had the Bills drafted him, he would be an empty shell of a QB, getting run out of time.

At least he was tutored by a great coach, and was in a fantastic situation (overlooked by some of the stats freaks here) which helped him to grow, learn and gain confidence. So, he may come here with a leg-up, and actually be used properly...but I doubt it.

I think his negatives will hurt the Bills more than his positives will help them, given what I have seen from this coaching staff. I also question this whiny little prick's mental toughness.

I still don't really want him. But, it isn't as bad as if the Bills had drafted him. I'm guessing had the Bills drafted him, he would be an empty shell of a QB, getting run out of time.

At least he was tutored by a great coach, and was in a fantastic situation (overlooked by some of the stats freaks here) which helped him to grow, learn and gain confidence. So, he may come here with a leg-up, and actually be used properly...but I doubt it.

I think his negatives will hurt the Bills more than his positives will help them, given what I have seen from this coaching staff. I also question this whiny little prick's mental toughness.

I can deal with his mental deficiencies given his physical toughness, which is something that I think TE lacks. I know he's trying to bulk up and make his body stronger, but he's also shown that he's slightly prone to injuries (it doesn't help when our O-Line doesn't pick up blitzing safeties).

He is a proven NFL QB, something we haven't had since the statue...errr, Bledsoe, and I think he could add a lot to our team. He has an attitude, but I'd wager it's a lesser one than TO has. For that matter, in the 90's we had our share of players with attitudes as well.

I guess I'd just hate to see our team rule him out completely. A lot of people have said he's an idiot for whining, teams are supposed to entertain trades if they're for the best of the organization, and I think that's what the Bills should be evaluating here - is this in the best interest of the Buffalo Bills organization? What does a Pro Bowl caliber QB add that we're lacking currently?

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Matt Cassel

Matt Schaub

They are all considerably better than Cutler is now. I have no faith that Cutler could come into Buffalo and play well, as our offensive talent is nowhere near Denver's, and he would not get to throw the ball 40 times a game. If you offered me TE for Cutler, i would probably take it, but i would NOT give up anything additional for him.

i hope you are kidding. cutler is a pro bowler. how many guys on your list has made a pro-bowl? cutler is by far better than any of those players on your list. you are an idiot. i would trade 2 first round picks for cutler in a heart beat. he could be the franchise qb we have been lacking since jim kelly retired

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Matt Cassel

Matt Schaub

I'm still not sold on Schaub, but agree on the others. I'd add Rivers, too. I also will not be surprised if Quinn turns out to be more effective than Cutler.

Obviously, McDaniels, a guy who should know a thing or two about QBs, agrees on Cassel.

i hope you are kidding. cutler is a pro bowler. how many guys on your list has made a pro-bowl? cutler is by far better than any of those players on your list. you are an idiot. i would trade 2 first round picks for cutler in a heart beat. he could be the franchise qb we have been lacking since jim kelly retired

you all think kelly was great he was a bum though> cutler is our future

I'm still not sold on Schaub, but agree on the others. I'd add Rivers, too. I also will not be surprised if Quinn turns out to be more effective than Cutler.

Obviously, McDaniels, a guy who should know a thing or two about QBs, agrees on Cassel.

Easy Deano! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. How can you guess that Quinn is going to turn out better than Cutler? Quinn can't even definitively beat out a lame duck Derek Anderson. You argue that Peters being elected to the pro-bowl is a good indication that his peers acknowledge his quality of play. I assume you would certainly give the same respect to Cutler. Right? McDaniels may know Qbs but so does Shanahan. Anybody who has any respect for Mike Shanahan would be well served to google his thoughts on Cutler.You are also willing to give Peters the benefit of the doubt on attitude and character. I'd say holding out and not showing up to camp, is at the very least comparable to demanding a trade. Lets try to be consistent, Dean.

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Matt Cassel

Matt Schaub

Cutler's body of work so far is better than any of those guys you listed, save for Rodgers who could have an argument that he did better last year. How do you come to the conclusion that "They are all considerably better than Cutler is now"? Especially when 4 of the guys are first-year starters?

Easy Deano! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. How can you guess that Quinn is going to turn out better than Cutler? Quinn can't even definitively beat out a lame duck Derek Anderson. You argue that Peters being elected to the pro-bowl is a good indication that his peers acknowledge his quality of play. I assume you would certainly give the same respect to Cutler. Right? McDaniels may know Qbs but so does Shanahan. Anybody who has any respect for Mike Shanahan would be well served to google his thoughts on Cutler.You are also willing to give Peters the benefit of the doubt on attitude and character. I'd say holding out and not showing up to camp, is at the very least comparable to demanding a trade. Lets try to be consistent, Dean.

I didn't guess that Quinn would be better than Cutler. I said I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn turns out being more successful than Cutler.

I think Cutler throws the ball at a Pro Bowl level. Given that, and that he was the centerpiece of Shanny's high-powered offense, I believe he is seen as Pro Bowl material. I think Cutler on the Bills, the past three years, turns out like JP.

Now, Cutler hasn't been with the Bills, and has been properly groomed...that's a good thing. He still is a mental nitwit, at times, on the field. But, I think Cutler is a QB that will put up big stats, in the NFL. But, not all big stat QBs have been that successful...or should I say, QBs with more modest stats have often been more successful than those with bigger arms, and bigger numbers. Right now, Cutler has been no more successful in the NFL than Edwards, or JP, as none of them even has a playoff appearance to their credit. Cutler was on the FAR better offense, and team, in that period.

If the Bills had a coach, and an offense, like Shanny and the Broncos, I might like a Cutler deal better. If Edwards isn't the guy, I'd like to see the Bills get a big, smart, tough QB who isn't afraid to go long, but doesn't need to be the center of attention and have huge stats (I think Cutler will always want that, to be happy).

:wallbash:

Awesome assesment...count me in the "I don't want T.O. but now love it that we got him" category...I think if we did get Cutler, when he throws for 350 yards and 4 TD's on the Pats on Monday Night Football to open the season, all these people saying they dont want them will be kissing his feet and making those yearly absurd undefeated claims...hahaha

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Matt Cassel

Matt Schaub

Man, some of the stuff you post Fingon is just out there...

Flacco? Really? Schaub? You have to be kidding? Ryan? Come on now...

The only one on that list that has any case to be in Cutlers class today is Rodgers. Ryan would be a close second, but he's not there yet (although I think Ryan gets there shortly, maybe even this year, and will be a really good QB).

I can assure you that NO GM in the entire league would take Flacco or Schaub over Cutler straight up. A couple may take Rodgers or Ryan, but the majority still take Cutler. And the only one that would take Cassel over Cutler is Denver because he is the coaches pet project from NE.

I hope you dont desire a career in scouting or football operations, if so, you better delete this post as it will end those chances...

:thumbsup:

Awesome assesment...count me in the "I don't want T.O. but now love it that we got him" category...I think if we did get Cutler, when he throws for 350 yards and 4 TD's on the Pats on Monday Night Football to open the season, all these people saying they dont want them will be kissing his feet and making those yearly absurd undefeated claims...hahaha

and then you wake up :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
I didn't guess that Quinn would be better than Cutler. I said I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn turns out being more successful than Cutler.

I think Cutler throws the ball at a Pro Bowl level. Given that, and that he was the centerpiece of Shanny's high-powered offense, I believe he is seen as Pro Bowl material. I think Cutler on the Bills, the past three years, turns out like JP.

Now, Cutler hasn't been with the Bills, and has been properly groomed...that's a good thing. He still is a mental nitwit, at times, on the field. But, I think Cutler is a QB that will put up big stats, in the NFL. But, not all big stat QBs have been that successful...or should I say, QBs with more modest stats have often been more successful than those with bigger arms, and bigger numbers. Right now, Cutler has been no more successful in the NFL than Edwards, or JP, as none of them even has a playoff appearance to their credit. Cutler was on the FAR better offense, and team, in that period.

If the Bills had a coach, and an offense, like Shanny and the Broncos, I might like a Cutler deal better. If Edwards isn't the guy, I'd like to see the Bills get a big, smart, tough QB who isn't afraid to go long, but doesn't need to be the center of attention and have huge stats (I think Cutler will always want that, to be happy).

Good points, and is exactly why I would not trade TE for Cutler because in my opinion if TE had the benefit of playing under Shanahan, he would have taken his team to the playoffs, been more successful with less numbers. I've got nothing to support my theory, but I'm hoping one day TE will prove it for me.

and then you wake up :thumbsup:

...yup, wake up still smiling on Tuesday with a big ol' "We just handed the Pat's butts to them on a national stage" smile on my face. Which is something I think I've experienced exactly once in the last 8 years...and it was a Monday when I woke up, which actually subtracts from the feeling.

It's a nice thought though, isn't it?

...yup, wake up still smiling on Tuesday with a big ol' "We just handed the Pat's butts to them on a national stage" smile on my face. Which is something I think I've experienced exactly once in the last 8 years...and it was a Monday when I woke up, which actually subtracts from the feeling.

it sure would :thumbsup:

I CAN STILL SEE SAM ADAMS RETURNING THAT INTERCEPTION FOR A TOUCHDOWN IN MY HEAD!