Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

I hope that he does not go to the Jets. Either way, the Bills gaining T.O. was a good move but they need to do more to even come close to being towards the top of the AFC East. They have to pull the ultimate move and get Peppers.

I am hoping for a trade of Peters and 3rd to Carolina for him or some sort of multi-team deal that gets Peppers here and Peters gone.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read through this thread, but does anyone else feel that it would be an extremely dic# move to ship edwards off the team for cutler by the bills. I understand it is a business and such, but my God!

On the other hand, it only makes sense for the Broncos to make a trade in which they get a QB in return. I think edwards is a better option than someone in the draft unless they are extremely high on someone. I think a team like the JETs would have to give up a hell of a lot to get Cutler.

Buffalo Rumblings reported the other day that part of the Bills brass was obsessed with bringing him in for a look.

Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but will make the draft more interesting!

I do not see it happening either. I think Denver has shot themselves in the foot over this deal though.

Cutler in my mind isn't wrong here. It sounds like the owner, and coach gave him reassurances on different occassions that he was their guy. At the same time the owner and coach were trying to trade him. I don't think cutler is making any of this up. Pat Bowlen and Mcdaniels to my knowledge havent' denied anything Cuter has said. On the flip side Mcdaniels and Bowlen appear to have changed their stories a few times. First they said they didn't try to trade Cutler, then they said they did, Then they said he is their guy and wouldn't trade him, and now they are.

People say the Bills front office is a mess.

Anyone else notice that the coaches from the Belichick Tree appear to be failing? Weis, Mangini, Cronell, and now Mcdaniels?

I think this says it all. Although, Cutler is from the midwest and I think he wants to be closer to home, even though his parents bought a house in the Denver area.

I think Detroit would be perfect for him. He's a midwest guy and they need a QB.

But I think the bottom line is Cutler didn't like the changes in Denver . . . they had a good thing going last year on offense.

I'm surprised at this. I thought McDaniels was going to make nice with him. Broncos fans must be losing their minds.

Cutler must really be upset. What a baby.

How often do you see a 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB traded? Crazy.

I just hope the Jets don't land him. ESPN's John Clayton seems to think that either the Lions will get him by trading their No. 1 pick, or there'll be a three-team trade involving the Browns and Brady Quinn. As long as he doesn't land in the AFC East, I'm good.

I'm going crazy because everything is going downhill and going downhill fast.

The 2009 NFL Draft first overall selection is...Jay Cutler, but by who?

A Quarterback coming off a Pro Bowl year, under age 26, with a laser arm and progressing accuracy...What teams can pursue him(realistically), based on need and trade leverage.

I see it as follows

New York Jets want him badly, with Boss Cook as his agent the Jets' should be familiar with these talks. The Jets' have three power selections, perhaps five to offer(not all together but in combination). They have the 17th,52nd,76th overall this year to go along with 1st, 2nd and 3rd round selections next year. To get him they will most likely have to give the 17th this year,115th this year and a 2 or 3rd next year. For a ProBowler, in his prime, with a laser arm and even greater potential he is worthy of that ransom.

Minnesota Vikings could package Rosenfels(who fits McDaniels system) the 22nd,158th and a 3rd next year to pick him up. I honestly see this trade not happening but this has the "you never know" factor, front offices like to shock their fans and their coaches.

A team with amazing fire power is Philadelphia, they have 4 5th round selection, two 1st round selections and Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb to throw into the mix. Trading Donovan to a third team and trading Kolb to Denver coupled with the 22nd, a 5th rounder and a conditional selection next year, while in turn getting another 2nd and a conditional selection next year would be the most logical trade. But it wont happen(likelyhood less than 10%)

So the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Bucs and Detroit Lions are the only ones with need and firepower to pull it off, motivation just NYJ and TB...but could Buffalo be in this race?

We have the 11th, 42nd, 75th and Trent Edwards to offer(an accurate passer who's armstrength wouldn't be a problem in the milehigh atmosphere of well Mile High...I think we have a 30% of considering this trade with reality. We have T.O. and we have the most dynamic receivers in the AFC, sorry New England we too have an aging future Hall of Famer, we too have the slot(Josh Reed), we too have another probowler(Lee Evans), we too have another vertical red zone threat(James Hardy)...wait...New England only has the aging future hall of famer and the possesion receiver...but they have Tom Brady(Montana of his time by the way)...so if we add Jay Cutler the AFC title race just got that much more interesting, the Bills would be a lock for playoffs and the most explosive offense in the AFC if not the NFL...

Question is, do we get rid of Trent before he has proven what he can do with this talent he has been surrounded with?

I think Trent's upside puts him in the upper mention of QB's in the league, but Cutler has the arm and the proven product we need now...I would pull this trade right now, giving the 11th and the 154th with a 3rd next year along with Trent Edwards for Jay Cutler...

The 2009 NFL Draft first overall selection is...Jay Cutler, but by who?

A Quarterback coming off a Pro Bowl year, under age 26, with a laser arm and progressing accuracy...What teams can pursue him(realistically), based on need and trade leverage.

I see it as follows

New York Jets want him badly, with Boss Cook as his agent the Jets' should be familiar with these talks. The Jets' have three power selections, perhaps five to offer(not all together but in combination). They have the 17th,52nd,76th overall this year to go along with 1st, 2nd and 3rd round selections next year. To get him they will most likely have to give the 17th this year,115th this year and a 2 or 3rd next year. For a ProBowler, in his prime, with a laser arm and even greater potential he is worthy of that ransom.

Minnesota Vikings could package Rosenfels(who fits McDaniels system) the 22nd,158th and a 3rd next year to pick him up. I honestly see this trade not happening but this has the "you never know" factor, front offices like to shock their fans and their coaches.

A team with amazing fire power is Philadelphia, they have 4 5th round selection, two 1st round selections and Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb to throw into the mix. Trading Donovan to a third team and trading Kolb to Denver coupled with the 22nd, a 5th rounder and a conditional selection next year, while in turn getting another 2nd and a conditional selection next year would be the most logical trade. But it wont happen(likelyhood less than 10%)

So the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Bucs and Detroit Lions are the only ones with need and firepower to pull it off, motivation just NYJ and TB...but could Buffalo be in this race?

We have the 11th, 42nd, 75th and Trent Edwards to offer(an accurate passer who's armstrength wouldn't be a problem in the milehigh atmosphere of well Mile High...I think we have a 30% of considering this trade with reality. We have T.O. and we have the most dynamic receivers in the AFC, sorry New England we too have an aging future Hall of Famer, we too have the slot(Josh Reed), we too have another probowler(Lee Evans), we too have another vertical red zone threat(James Hardy)...wait...New England only has the aging future hall of famer and the possesion receiver...but they have Tom Brady(Montana of his time by the way)...so if we add Jay Cutler the AFC title race just got that much more interesting, the Bills would be a lock for playoffs and the most explosive offense in the AFC if not the NFL...

Question is, do we get rid of Trent before he has proven what he can do with this talent he has been surrounded with?

I think Trent's upside puts him in the upper mention of QB's in the league, but Cutler has the arm and the proven product we need now...I would pull this trade right now, giving the 11th and the 154th with a 3rd next year along with Trent Edwards for Jay Cutler...

We have way too many needs to give up Trent Edwards and a 1st round pick and more for Cutler. I think it is true that Cutler is more proven than Edwards, but Edwards is a guy you can win with too. The 11th pick along with him for a guy everyone knows will be gone from Denver? I have to think Denver would jump at that and rightfully so.

I do like Trent, but I do agree....Cutler has a huge arm, is young like Trent, and has proven to play at a high level...is it Jay's fault his teams defense was a joke?

Now I do not really advocate trading Peters...but if they must...deal Peters to Philly, take those picks and move them for Cutler, something along those lines.

We have way too many needs to give up Trent Edwards and a 1st round pick and more for Cutler. I think it is true that Cutler is more proven than Edwards, but Edwards is a guy you can win with too. The 11th pick along with him for a guy everyone knows will be gone from Denver? I have to think Denver would jump at that and rightfully so.

I agree, ask alot of people I like Trent. I think if he is given time to develope he could be very, very special. His accuracy and his ability is too much to overlook. I want him to stay, but if they traded him to Denver I'd be happy for two reasons. He gets to goto a team he can flurish with and we get Jay F**King Cutler!!!

I do like Trent, but I do agree....Cutler has a huge arm, is young like Trent, and has proven to play at a high level...is it Jay's fault his teams defense was a joke?

Now I do not really advocate trading Peters...but if they must...deal Peters to Philly, take those picks and move them for Cutler, something along those lines.

Cutler has not played on a high level.

I think Denver is really going to try to move him to an NFC team. Last thing they want is for this thing to blow up even more in their face and have Cutler lead an AFC team past the Broncos at some point. IMO, Cutler is really really good for a young QB (even though he comes out looking like a thin skinned baby in this whole thing). HE's the only reason Denver won any games last year. I'd hate to see him on the Jets and I doubt Denver wants to compete with him for one of 6 AFC playoff spots every year.

I like Trent, I wonder how good Cutler would have been given our anemic offense last year. Trent has the head for the game and I think if the Bills ever had a decent offense around him he could put up some numbers. He doesn't have the big arm that Cutler does but that's not always everything. I'm not a big fan of our coaching staff yet Trent still has impressed given his teachers. I wonder how good he could have been growing up under Shanahan his first few years.

Denver has to be the laughingstock of the NFL right now...

1. Letting Mike Shanahan go

2. In the process of letting Jay Culter go a young gunslinger with experience

3. Just plain pissing off some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, maybe even more loyal than Bills fans and thats saying alot.

If there was an award for being the dumbest owner in the NFL Bowen wins hands down.

wonder if the Broncos are ready for the number 1 pick in next years draft ???