Cato June visiting Texans

Link me baby one more time. I've seen nothing other than notification that he's visiting the texans.

Texans | June visiting

Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:34:56 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent LB Cato June (Buccaneers) Tuesday, March 31.

Uhhh...hello Buffalo? You want to maybe improve your LB corps BEFORE the draft? You know, so that way you can use the picks on the other need positions on the team?

I dont understand why they cant just sign Freddie Keiaho. Worse comes to worse, we have better depth.

Uhhh...hello Buffalo? You want to maybe improve your LB corps BEFORE the draft? You know, so that way you can use the picks on the other need positions on the team?

I dont understand why they cant just sign Freddie Keiaho. Worse comes to worse, we have better depth.

I don't think they can sign anymore FA's. They don't have the money. It's sad I know. They need to keep it to try to re-sign peters and sign our draft picks. Unfortunately, it looks like Pat Thomas and Ellison will be the guys at our SAM position

I don't think they can sign anymore FA's. They don't have the money. It's sad I know. They need to keep it to try to re-sign peters and sign our draft picks. Unfortunately, it looks like Pat Thomas and Ellison will be the guys at our SAM position

Says who? where do you get that they don't have any money? or just attempting to be funny?

Says who? where do you get that they don't have any money? or just attempting to be funny?

It was reported last week by someone, I can't remember who, that said that we only have $10 Million left to sign players including rookies.

I think it's all a matter of interpretation.

Here's a link that shows differently.

http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/salarycap.shtml

It was reported last week by someone, I can't remember who, that said that we only have $10 Million left to sign players including rookies.

I think it's all a matter of interpretation.

Here's a link that shows differently.

http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/salarycap.shtml

Pat Kirwan of NFL.com reported it. We have around $10 million in cap space.

The Bills are a business first, and it's cheaper to fill your team with late round draft picks, pronounce them capable, and put a team on the field which ultimately doesn't live up to expectations.

Buffalo has been in rebuild mode for 3+ seasons now. This is the fourth off-season post-Donahoe, and yet they still have huge issues, particularly LB depth, a starting G, no one with starting experience at TE, and and lack a bonafide pass rusher not named Schobel.

Keiaho isn't coming to Buffalo. It's not their style.

I hope June and Keiaho sign elsewhere. Neither are the upgrades needed, and better players could be had in the draft. :rolleyes:

The Bills have gaping holes at LG, OLB, TE and need for a pass rushing DE.

Can all of those positions (3, possibly 4 starters) all be found in the draft?

I'm not denying that the Bills could use their first rounder on a guy like Curry, Matthews, etc and fill the OLB spot. Of course they can. But then there are still 3 starting spots that need to be filled. The Bills have too many holes and not enough draft picks to fill them, they need to start bringing in some FAs to fill this void.

The Bills have gaping holes at LG, OLB, TE and need for a pass rushing DE.

Can all of those positions (3, possibly 4 starters) all be found in the draft?

I'm not denying that the Bills could use their first rounder on a guy like Curry, Matthews, etc and fill the OLB spot. Of course they can. But then there are still 3 starting spots that need to be filled. The Bills have too many holes and not enough draft picks to fill them, they need to start bringing in some FAs to fill this void.

Honestly

TE is a novelty position. I've been clamoring for the Bills to draft a reliable receiving te for years. They can get by with someone adequate. We probably werent getting the next Shannon Sharpe/Tony Gonzalez anyway. Receiving te's are a luxury pick. In the same vain that Roscoe Parrish was a luxury in 05 when we could've had Justin Tuck.

Most offensive lines around the league are built with middle tier picks. Not everyone likes it. Fans clamor for high picks spent on offensive lineman, but most of the time these players are 3rd-5th rd picks, sometimes even undrafted. It's not a high priority draft position. Yes we need a starter here. I still wouldnt expect it to be a 2 rd pick.

OLB. I believe this draft is pretty deep at lb. LB's who will be better pro players then June or Keiaho combined. Neither of whom are playmakers in any sense, and easily pushed around at the point of attack. June is not the coverage lb he was a few years ago, and while Keiaho has nice sideline-sideline speed, he's weak at the point of attack, and easily pushed around. Clay Matthews, Cushing, Clint Sintim,Marcus Freeman, Tyrone McKenzie(who probably fits what the bills want in a olb speed, and coverage ability). This will surely be addressed in the draft. I also wouldn't be opposed to drafting a mlb and moving poz to wlb where he probably would be better served, with certainly more upside then June or Keiaho.

Defensive end is by far our biggest need and has been for awhile. It should be addressed in the first or 2nd rd. With no real impact type prospect there is a lot of quality potential. I wouldnt worry about this being addressed.

All in all we probably wont get 4 starters out of the draft, we should get at least 2-3 with guys who can contribute elsewhere. It's very feasible DE/OLB/TE are the direction the Bills go in their first 3 picks, and let a later round draft pick compete with Chambers/Bell for the LG spot.

Pat Kirwan of NFL.com reported it. We have around $10 million in cap space.

The Bills will need that $ to re-sign Peters, or all of the 1st round picks they expect to get when they trade him.

I do not understand how the Bills can be so close to the actual cap with the cash-to-the-cap structure. Overdorf should have been kicked out of the inner circle before Butler left. Get someone from the Redskin's mailroom to manage our cap.

I dont think the figures listed on your link included any of the signings that they have made this offseason which would be approximately $30 mil cash to cap.

no they didn't. But just go back and you'll see that their interpretation of the cap could have more money available.