Cato June visiting Texans

Honestly

TE is a novelty position. I've been clamoring for the Bills to draft a reliable receiving te for years. They can get by with someone adequate. We probably werent getting the next Shannon Sharpe/Tony Gonzalez anyway. Receiving te's are a luxury pick. In the same vain that Roscoe Parrish was a luxury in 05 when we could've had Justin Tuck.

Most offensive lines around the league are built with middle tier picks. Not everyone likes it. Fans clamor for high picks spent on offensive lineman, but most of the time these players are 3rd-5th rd picks, sometimes even undrafted. It's not a high priority draft position. Yes we need a starter here. I still wouldnt expect it to be a 2 rd pick.

OLB. I believe this draft is pretty deep at lb. LB's who will be better pro players then June or Keiaho combined. Neither of whom are playmakers in any sense, and easily pushed around at the point of attack. June is not the coverage lb he was a few years ago, and while Keiaho has nice sideline-sideline speed, he's weak at the point of attack, and easily pushed around. Clay Matthews, Cushing, Clint Sintim,Marcus Freeman, Tyrone McKenzie(who probably fits what the bills want in a olb speed, and coverage ability). This will surely be addressed in the draft. I also wouldn't be opposed to drafting a mlb and moving poz to wlb where he probably would be better served, with certainly more upside then June or Keiaho.

Defensive end is by far our biggest need and has been for awhile. It should be addressed in the first or 2nd rd. With no real impact type prospect there is a lot of quality potential. I wouldnt worry about this being addressed.

All in all we probably wont get 4 starters out of the draft, we should get at least 2-3 with guys who can contribute elsewhere. It's very feasible DE/OLB/TE are the direction the Bills go in their first 3 picks, and let a later round draft pick compete with Chambers/Bell for the LG spot.

I wouldn't say it's a novelty position, but I don't think we need to draft one all that early. Guys like Travis Beckam and Cornelius Ingram might be had in the 4th round. I would definitely take one of them then

I hope June and Keiaho sign elsewhere. Neither are the upgrades needed, and better players could be had in the draft. :rolleyes:

Neither would upgrade the Bills LB corp, as a hole? Neither are better than the lowest LBs on the roster?

What have you been smoking?

I'm convinced the Bills are drafting a LB in either the first or second round.

They'll also be taking a DE, TE, and G in the first 2-3 rounds. Unfortunately they don't have enough picks. Not yet at least.

Draft day for the Bills is all about having more needs than options to fill them with.

As of 2/26 - pre-free agents.

NFL Projected 2009 Salary Cap Figure (Buffalo News Figures): $127 Million (Bills figure will be around $10 Million higher with adjustments for incentives not reached) Bills Cap Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $99 Million: - The Bills are now under the cap by approx. $28 - $38 Million. as of 2/26

Bills Actual Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $85 Million: - The Bills are now under the cash to the cap money by approx. $42 - $52 Million. as of 2/26

So even if you count the FA's that we have signed which as of right now accounts for approximately $17 Million, that would still leave us anywhere from $11 - $21 Million depending on how you interpret it. And if you go by their cash to cap it would even be more.

Is this correct? I have no idea. All I am saying is that there are many interpretations of the salary cap

NFL Projected 2009 Salary Cap Figure (Buffalo News Figures): $127 Million (Bills figure will be around $10 Million higher with adjustments for incentives not reached) Bills Cap Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $99 Million: - The Bills are now under the cap by approx. $28 - $38 Million. as of 2/26

Bills Actual Money Allocated For 2009 (Buffalo News Figures): approx. $85 Million: - The Bills are now under the cash to the cap money by approx. $42 - $52 Million. as of 2/26

So even if you count the FA's that we have signed which as of right now accounts for approximately $17 Million, that would still leave us anywhere from $11 - $21 Million depending on how you interpret it. And if you go by their cash to cap it would even be more.

Is this correct? I have no idea. All I am saying is that there are many interpretations of the salary cap

In terms of cap money, I think we're at about 10 mil, but in terms of actual cash close to twenty or a little more. This is evidenced by our continued attempts to re-sign Peters. Especially since the Bills like to use guaranteed salary. So, I think you're right in the 17-18 million spent - cap wise, with a crapload of cash to cap left.

The Bills have gaping holes at LG, OLB, TE and need for a pass rushing DE.

Can all of those positions (3, possibly 4 starters) all be found in the draft?

I'm not denying that the Bills could use their first rounder on a guy like Curry, Matthews, etc and fill the OLB spot. Of course they can. But then there are still 3 starting spots that need to be filled. The Bills have too many holes and not enough draft picks to fill them, they need to start bringing in some FAs to fill this void.

I agree with you, i think the Bills should use free agency to fill gaps so that they are required to draft certain position in the draft. I think sericable veterans would also add to the depth if we do a draft a rookies in the position where we signed someone.

It was reported last week by someone, I can't remember who, that said that we only have $10 Million left to sign players including rookies.

And there was the equivalent of a silent thread for Ralph as well. MB flatulance....