You want Michael Vick?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, glad to see you believe in forgiveness. You must be Christian!

There's no way he gets anywhere close to that much, but as someone said, it's just to keep creditors at bay. He could get an incentive laden-deal but more likely he gets $1M-1½M in base salary as a backup. He !@#$ed up, he knows it, and I hope he can get his life back in order finally.

What is so wrong with choosing who you want to forgive? I hate this crap, where people are guilted into a blind forgiveness. If you want to believe everyone deserves to be forgiven, that's great! :thumbsup: I'll reserve the right to forgive who I want. The guy made very little effort to explain how something like this happened and didn't show real remorse,IMO. Why do you expect others to forgive him? Almost everyone deserves a second chance in society. This doesn't mean he deserves a second chance in the public's view. I could care less if he gets his life back together.

Actually, he had tremendous talent. Just because that talent didn't pan out to a successful NFL career doesn't mean he didn't have the raw talent to begin with.

OK, he had tremendous talent, just not as an NFL QB. I'll agree to that.

Maybe he will be able to find a job that will pay him $10 million to run real fast and throw things with both hands.

We're praying for you Mike!

I dont care what he did personally it wasnt that serious nobody says sh-- to peyton manning or brett farve for hunting no thats fine i forgot its legal but its killing animals...id love that mofo on the bills as insurance for trent "fragile" edwards...the wild cat wit fred "monster" jackson to the left mike "killer" vick in the middle and marshawn "the beast" lynch to the right we could call it the nightmare offense (hate it or love it) come on forget all the statements you guys sayin cuz you dont like mike oh well get over it he killled some dogs went to jail and now he want to get his life back...let the man make his self better...got damn.... :thumbsup::doh: :doh:

You sound incredibly dumb. "Mofo", "Wit", "He want to"..you sound like someone who's opinion I want to take seriously. Comparing hunting to dogfighting is the pinnacle ignorance. Good luck "wit dat" gangsta! :lol:

This is what i don't get. What the hell is so talented about Michael Vick? i mean seriously think about it. what does he do that others cannot. He doesn't have a great arm. Vick made sports center alot was was labeled the human hightlight reel because he occassionaly made a play with his legs as a QB?

Michael Vick sucks most teams know this and won't pay him 10m dollars a year.

The 75,000 dollar stipend thing to live is a joke. People survive on a lot less and he should do the same. 40k sounds about right in my mind.

Michael Vick does have a great arm. He just doesn't use it, he uses his legs. I always said that about Donovan McNabb and his stats prove it. Vick's stats prove it also.

I thought he was a great QB for a while and I thought that he could develop to be even better, provided he stop running the ball so much. I think in 2004 he ran 121 times.

He could escape pressure and find an open man, but he started to regress and he only chose to run with the ball. And then the debate started between him, the coach, and the media about should they let him run or not. And I think Vick was so selfish he wouldn't listen to a coach anyway.

There's going to be media pressure on teams to sign Vick. I don't think it's going to be a problem if he choses to play running back, which is where he should have been drafted. He has great talent for the running back spot and he won't be the face of the franchise. But he'll insist on playing QB and I don't think teams are going to want to sign him for QB. He acts like he's entitled to play that position.

Vick & his brother are both pieces of sh@t. I hope he gets banned from the NFL. I understand that people make mistakes and should be given a second chance, but not all mistakes can be forgiven. What Vick & his cronies did was brutal & disgusting, plus Vick lied his ass off to Roger Goodell & Arthur Blank. What a great role model Vick is for kids?! :thumbsup: So what, he has a ton of talent, but so does Travis Henry.

I can't wait to watch him fail. Let's not forget that he killed dogs. Not by gunshot or injection, but by drowning, electrocution and hanging. He is a sub-human scumbag who's sociopathic ways came back to bite him in the ass (Hopefully prison ----- him in the ass too!). Any team that picks him up is making a deal with the devil and that never works. Burn in hell Mike Vick!

I agree. F- him!

It's amazing that you would be so opinionated yet so illinformed. He authorized dogs to be killed and he did the killing, which he admitted to only after he failed a lie detector test. Moreover, HE FUNDED THE ENTIRE OPERATION!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3718304

Your logic about the cell phone is crazy by the way. So if someone calls in a hit or does the hit, one is worse than the other?And yes, people make mistakes. People also do horrible evil sh*t too. He took part in the torture and funded an entire operation that killed and tortured dogs. Thats not a mistake, that is some cold blooded sh*t.

Yeah, and if you noticed it said: "Vick initially told authorities 'while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs,' but 'helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side,' according to the report." "Funded the entire operation" is what I thought he did. That was then retracted. You'll have to forgive me if I haven't kept myself up to date on Vick's transgressions. But thanks for the attitude.

This is what i don't get. What the hell is so talented about Michael Vick? i mean seriously think about it. what does he do that others cannot. He doesn't have a great arm. Vick made sports center alot was was labeled the human hightlight reel because he occassionaly made a play with his legs as a QB?

Michael Vick is one of the most talented human beings on the planet. Whether or not he's a good football player or a good person is a completely different argument altogether.

I dont care what he did personally it wasnt that serious nobody says sh-- to peyton manning or brett farve for hunting no thats fine i forgot its legal but its killing animals

There is some truth to that statement.

You sound incredibly dumb. "Mofo", "Wit", "He want to"..you sound like someone who's opinion I want to take seriously. Comparing hunting to dogfighting is the pinnacle ignorance. Good luck "wit dat" gangsta! :thumbsup:

There's truth to that statement too. I don't like hunting or dogfighting. Hunting has more of a purpose when done out of need, when all the parts of the animal are used; hunting for sport is cruel in my opinion.

He could escape pressure and find an open man, but he started to regress and he only chose to run with the ball. And then the debate started between him, the coach, and the media about should they let him run or not. And I think Vick was so selfish he wouldn't listen to a coach anyway.

There's going to be media pressure on teams to sign Vick. I don't think it's going to be a problem if he choses to play running back, which is where he should have been drafted. He has great talent for the running back spot and he won't be the face of the franchise. But he'll insist on playing QB and I don't think teams are going to want to sign him for QB. He acts like he's entitled to play that position.

I'm not sure why anybody thinks he can play RB. He'd never last a game, much less a season. You're right in that he wouldn't listen to his coaches - whether it was because he couldn't comprehend it or because he just didn't want to (he survived high school and college football on talent alone), I'm not sure.

Yeah, and if you noticed it said: "Vick initially told authorities 'while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs,' but 'helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side,' according to the report." "Funded the entire operation" is what I thought he did. That was then retracted. You'll have to forgive me if I haven't kept myself up to date on Vick's transgressions. But thanks for the attitude.

Obviously you were very selective on keeping yourself up on the vick tortures. Why don't you try reading the very next paragraph,

"However, the report says Vick took back that statement when he failed a polygraph test. "Vick failed the examination as it related to the killing of the dogs in April 2007. Ultimately, Vick recanted his previous statement wherein he said he was not actually involved in the killing of six to eight dogs. ... Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs."

Hmmm...so he hung 6-8 dogs with nylon chord but he only assisted in the drowning and electrocution. Did he hold down the females when they were on the "rapestands"? Did he help raise the puppies that were used as "beater" dogs so his prize fighters could repeatedly rip them apart? Dude, you can come on this board with opinions and I can't tell you that you're wrong. But facts are facts and you got yours all screwed up. Why don't you try watching what these sub-humans do to these dogs and ask yourself, DO I WANT TO WATCH THIS GUY SCORE A TD EVER AGAIN? I'm not a PETA fan nor am I an animal rights activists, but I can't believe anyone would be able to root for this loser ever again!

If he gets another chance and scores a TD, they should play the highlights of him drowning a dog in a 5 gallon bucket or hanging dogs with FRIGGEN NYLON CHORD!

Obviously you were very selective on keeping yourself up on the vick tortures. Why don't you try reading the very next paragraph,

"However, the report says Vick took back that statement when he failed a polygraph test. "Vick failed the examination as it related to the killing of the dogs in April 2007. Ultimately, Vick recanted his previous statement wherein he said he was not actually involved in the killing of six to eight dogs. ... Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs."

Hmmm...so he hung 6-8 dogs with nylon chord but he only assisted in the drowning and electrocution. Did he hold down the females when they were on the "rapestands"? Did he help raise the puppies that were used as "beater" dogs so his prize fighters could repeatedly rip them apart? Dude, you can come on this board with opinions and I can't tell you that you're wrong. But facts are facts and you got yours all screwed up. Why don't you try watching what these sub-humans do to these dogs and ask yourself, DO I WANT TO WATCH THIS GUY SCORE A TD EVER AGAIN? I'm not a PETA fan nor am I an animal rights activists, but I can't believe anyone would be able to root for this loser ever again!

If he gets another chance and scores a TD, they should play the highlights of him drowning a dog in a 5 gallon bucket or hanging dogs with FRIGGEN NYLON CHORD!

Still waiting Leonidis.Mcelvin....

Guest dog14787
Still waiting Leonidis.Mcelvin....

and maybe we should do that with everyone that breaks the law. Every time you do something good, lets post the worse things you did in your life up where everyone can see it, you know, just to remind everyone just how bad you can also be.

Hell, Lets forget forgiveness all together :thumbsup:

The 75,000 dollar stipend thing to live is a joke. People survive on a lot less and he should do the same. 40k sounds about right in my mind.

Vick's "talent" was all his endorsement, commercials, his ESPN highlights and Madden covers. It had nothing to do with wins and losses. He's the greatest football player who couldn't win squat.

PTR

Before you get all high and mighty on me, don't forget that the government performs and condones much, much worse on a daily basis.

Besides, in your fit of misplaced rage, I think you missed my point altogether. "Vick initially told authorities 'while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs,' but 'helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side,' according to the report" meaning the initial report - including the initial articles on ESPN and other networks - suggested that Vick, while funding the dogfighting, didn't have a hand in the actual putting down of the dogs. In other words Bill Shakespeare, if you just read the older articles you could easily surmise that he didn't physically kill the dogs. But if it makes you feel better to think I'm this Vick apologist who is falling all over myself to get Vick highlights back on the air, then knock yourself out. I just think the man has paid his debt to society and as some point, you have to let it go.

and maybe we should do that with everyone that breaks the law. Every time you do something good, lets post the worse things you did in your life up where everyone can see it, you know, just to remind everyone just how bad you can also be.

Hell, Lets forget forgiveness all together :thumbsup:

I don't believe in forgiveness for those who only seek forgiveness once they are caught.

Remember when this whole thing was going down he was being interviewed while he was walking and he said that "My fans are always going to love Mike Vick."? That was before he was caught and it hardly souned contrite to me. Trivializing what he did to over 60 dogs is on you. He didn't even have the compassion to put the dogs down in a humane manor. You don't value life when you put heads in 5 gallon buckets or hang something with nylon chords in order to kill it. Dogfighting is subhuman to begin with but he decided that he wanted to kick it up a notch!

Michael Vick is one of the most talented human beings on the planet. Whether or not he's a good football player or a good person is a completely different argument altogether.

Once again you say he the most talented human being on the planet but don't give any examples. What's so great about him? What's so talented about him?

Before you get all high and mighty on me, don't forget that the government performs and condones much, much worse on a daily basis.

Besides, in your fit of misplaced rage, I think you missed my point altogether. "Vick initially told authorities 'while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs,' but 'helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side,' according to the report" meaning the initial report - including the initial articles on ESPN and other networks - suggested that Vick, while funding the dogfighting, didn't have a hand in the actual putting down of the dogs. In other words Bill Shakespeare, if you just read the older articles you could easily surmise that he didn't physically kill the dogs. But if it makes you feel better to think I'm this Vick apologist who is falling all over myself to get Vick highlights back on the air, then knock yourself out. I just think the man has paid his debt to society and as some point, you have to let it go.

I love excuses. The whole everyone else does it defense are the words of a dummy.

Again, your arguments are flawed. The goverment does things to people who they suspect are trying to kill people.

Comparing SUSPECTED terrorists to defenseless dogs again proves you are an idiot.

You chose to read only a few short sentences in the article and then spoke as if you were fully informed. You are actually illinformed, which makes you ignorant.

If you want to call being passionate about a subject like this "misplaced anger" then life has passed you by when you were on 7th hour of PS3.

If you think he has paid his debt to society then that is your opinion, good luck with your logic.

Guest dog14787
Vick's "talent" was all his endorsement, commercials, his ESPN highlights and Madden covers. It had nothing to do with wins and losses. He's the greatest football player who couldn't win squat.

PTR

When the QB wins its a whole team effort, when the QB loses its the QB's fault , gotcha :thumbsup:

Is Barry Sanders any less talented because of the Lions win/loss record?

When it comes to Michael Vicks QB skills, Vick has all the Talent and athleticism in a QB you could ever want. This talk about Vick not being able to hit the broad side of a barn is talk, that's all it is. Vick is very accurate and throws a very catchable ball, his problem comes from reading defenses and keeping track of the routes his WR's are running, its all mental and with the proper coaching, much like JP Losman, I think Vicks problems can be corrected.

Guest dog14787
I love excuses. The whole everyone else does it defense are the words of a dummy.

Again, your arguments are flawed. The goverment does things to people who they suspect are trying to kill people.

Comparing SUSPECTED terrorists to defenseless dogs again proves you are an idiot.

You chose to read only a few short sentences in the article and then spoke as if you were fully informed. You are actually illinformed, which makes you ignorant.

If you want to call being passionate about a subject like this "misplaced anger" then life has passed you by when you were on 7th hour of PS3.

If you think he has paid his debt to society then that is your opinion, good luck with your logic.

What is your argument about hunters who kill for sport, folks shooting animals to hang them on a wall, do you think when these animals get wounded and try to run they don't suffer? How many of you have shot a bird or other small animals with a BB gun? What Michael Vick did was a horrible thing because it was domesticated animals that were at the mercy of humans and had no chance for survival. Different forms of Fighting has gone on for centuries, humans even fought to the death once upon a time. Does it make things right, of course not and Michael Vick paid his dept to society, but this holier than thou attitude by some folks is getting a little carried away in my opinion.

what many of you are missing is that even BEFORE the whole dog fighting scandal broke, there were rumblings that Atlanta might be looking at other options at QB anyway...

Vick is just not a good NFL QB. Look at his passing stats; they are not there. Vick is a faster JP Losman.

Someone compared him to McNabb. There is NO comparison. McNabb's stats are far superior to Vick's, and he is not a scumbag little punk off the field.

IF anyone picks this guy up, it will be for minimum $$. Why would any team bother to invest a large sum into him? He has only gotten older and more rusty as a QB and every year tons of new young talent becomes available in the draft and free agency.

Look at it this way, people wanted to rag on Owens as being so much trouble that only the Bills wanted him, and he is a likely Hall of Fame caliber receiver who PRODUCES at a high level EVERY SEASON.

Vick is just a below average QB who happens to run fast, is a convicted felon, and brings all sorts of negative baggage with him.

Once again you say he the most talented human being on the planet but don't give any examples. What's so great about him? What's so talented about him?

Are you serious? Have you seen Vick play? For all of his transgressions you cannot say he's not talented. He is the fastest quarterback in the history of the NFL (he ran a 4.36 at his rookie mini-camp). He had unbelievable arm strength, well above average for an NFL starter (think Cutler arm strength). At times, he was able to make very tight throws. His agility and quickness were unparalleled and it gave defenses fits. As someone else pointed out, for whatever reason his head wasn't in the game and he couldn't hack it from a mental perspective. But talent was not something he lacked.

Ahh yes. You calling me a dummy is certainly going to keep me from getting any sleep tonight. I'll skip over the politics (for the benefit of keeping the board sports-related and politics-free) and just say that Vick hasn't killed or tortured any human beings. And since you seemed to skip what I last wrote (are you related to KnockOut30 by any chance?), I'll say it one last time: the part of the article I referred to:

"Vick initially told authorities 'while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs,' but 'helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side,' according to the report"

meaning the initial report - including the initial articles on ESPN and other networks - suggested that Vick, while funding the dogfighting, didn't have a hand in the actual putting down of the dogs. In layman's terms, that doesn't mean I read only the first part of the article but rather that the previous articles written on this suggested Vick only funded the operation. Capiche? Do you understand? Is there anything I can clarify for you on that front? Let me know, I'd be happy to help out.

And on that last part, if he hasn't paid his debt to society, then why is he a free man? Isn't that the premise(myth) of our prison system? Once you've done the time you have paid your debt to society? Or does Shanahan's Horseshoe want to impose his own arbitrary sentences??