Ralph Wilson is alive and well

Lori

After a rumor surfaced here that Ralph Wilson had passed away, several respected journalists -- including John Wawrow of the Associated Press and ESPN's Tim Graham -- immediately confirmed that it was false.

A post from Buffalo Rising:

Ralph Wilson, 90 years old, and Alive

And from the official Bills Twitter feed: "There is absolutely no truth to the internet rumor referencing Ralph Wilson’s health."

While I have no way of confirming that the rumor first began here, I can tell you that the account of the poster who started the thread has been suspended.

I do not presume to speak for either this site or its owner, but as one of the moderators here, I apologize that an unsourced rumor of this magnitude remained on the board long enough to proliferate. We try to keep a close eye on things, but we can't guarantee that someone will be here 24/7/365.

Again, my personal apologies to Mr. Wilson and his family, the reporters who were forced to track down this obviously baseless rumor, and anyone else affected by the incident.

Leave it to a disgruntled Leafs fan...DUMBASS....I always said the only thing good coming out of Canada was the train....You need a good beating...

Craynoz tried to warn us....

Thanks for the update Lori.

Im not so sure it originated here. It was on a few other message boards I visit.

Channel 2 called Ralph Wilson that late? Ouch.

Im glad its false. He deserves to see himself enshrined.

I believe that the guy who posted it here honestly believed it to be true but he should have waited for official confirmation. Sometimes people are so worried about being scooped they will prematurely report something. If it's a trade or a suspension or something it's annoying buy pretty much harmless. This is not a harmless thing to report.

The think someone originaly posted it on The Buffalo range via text he recived.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to learn it originated there, that doesn't make me feel any better.

I've actually had work to do the last few days (sucks I know), so I completely missed all this. I'm still not entirely sure what you're all talking about, but I can surmise the gist of it.

I really can't imagine a more tasteless, shameful thing to do than to spread rumors of a person's passing. If ever there were a justification for a lifetime posting ban, I would think it falls into that category.

I've actually had work to do the last few days (sucks I know), so I completely missed all this. I'm still not entirely sure what you're all talking about, but I can surmise the gist of it.

I really can't imagine a more tasteless, shameful thing to do than to spread rumors of a person's passing. If ever there were a justification for a lifetime posting ban, I would think it falls into that category.

There was a rumor that he had died and it spread through the bills message boards rather quickly. It was deemed false after about an hour and a few thousand views/replies. The original message has been deleted here.

Already done, although the horse is long since out of the barn.