Forget about the draft order, who the Bills pick and all

Here are the "sleepers" that I like coming out of this year's draft:

Louis Vasquez / OG / Texas Tech - He put up 41 bench reps at his Pro Day workout. He has good footwork and is excellent in pass protection. He has the size 6'5" 330lbs and 34 3/4" arms. He was part of a stellar group that gave Graham Harrell all day to throw the football. Likely a 4th round selection.

David Bruton / FS / Notre Dame - He is excellent in coverage. He has great speed clocking in at 4.46 at the combine. He also had a 41.5" vertical, 19 reps on the bench press, an 11' broad jump, a 6.60 3 cone drill performance, 4.28 20 yard shuttle, and a 10.96 60 yard shuttle. He's decent, but not great against the run and he would be like having an extra CB out there playing FS. Likely a 4th or 5th round selection.

Lawrence Sidbury Jr. / DE / Richmond - He was a top performer in alot of the drills at the combine as well. He comes from a small school, but he played excellent in the CAA coming up with 11.5 sacks this past season. He is also good at play recognition, has good pursuit skills, and is very tough against the run. He also had a 1.53 10-yard split time at the combine which was one of the best. I think some one could be getting a steal at the DE position in the 3rd or 4th round with this guy.

I can't see the Bills going with Pettigrew in the first. They've got too many needs on the defensive side of the ball. In the first I'd like to see either Everette Brown or Maybin. In round 2, Shawn Nelson out of Southern Miss, perhaps Cook from South Carolina.

LG Herman Johnson out of LSU. 6'7", 345 lb monster. He can be had in the 2nd round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTUhkbcxiHg

Here is a great interview with him. He is a team guy, well spoken, and a leader. I hope he fills the hole vacated by Dockery.

He was also the biggest baby ever born in the state of Louisiana.

http://www.bolthype.com/2009/03/prospect-h...-san-diego.html

Little spoken about...But, I like him in Round 2...

Some of the players I am intrigued with in no particular order.

DT B.J. Raji Boston College. I think he will be an instant impact player.

OT Michael Oher Mississippi. The knock on him is technique, other than that he has loads of potential.

OG Andy LeVitre Oregon State. No doubt the best Guard in the draft. He could sneak into the 1st round.

RB Knowshon Moreno Georgia. IMO the best RB in the draft.

WR Jeremy Maclin Missouri. For some reason I like him more than Crabtree.

DT Terrance Taylor Michigan. Solid player, looks to go 2nd round.

DL Jarron Gilbert San Jose State. Intriguing D-Lineman whose stock is rising. Is he an End or a Tackle?

TE Chase Coffman Missouri. Exciting Tight End. Better receiver than blocker will be a great weapon on offense.

TE Bear Pascoe Fresno State. Former QB is a good blocker and decent receiver. Worth a look on Day 2.

Players who impress me for different reasons...

Michael Crabtree - WR - Playmaker...

Rey Maualaga - ILB - Some Players just seem to have a knack...Like fellow Trojan Troy Polamalu for example...I think Maualaga is one of those-types...I think He's going to be a heck of a Pro in time...

Cornelius Ingram - TE - The Kid just exudes confidence in His own abilities...He just jumped out at The Combine...He looked like the best TE in drills to Me...The sky is the limit for Ingram if He can stay healthy...I think if He Played a Full Season in 08 He'd be a Top 15 pick...

Robert Ayers - DE - I'm still trying to figure out how a DE with His ability only gets 3 Sacks in a Season...That is a bit scary to be honest...But You watch the Kid in those Sr. Bowl Practices and He looks like He can't be Blocked with one Man...He's got speed off the edge and power enough to bull-rush...He's a solid 270 too...Maybe a boom or bust type but I still like his potential over the other DE's...Admittedly I could be wrong...

B.J. Raji - Just like almost everything about this Kid...

Duke Robinson - I like the idea of taking a pure OG in this Draft because you figure to get REAL good value due to all the highly Rated OT's...Robinson should be able to slide in at LG for most NFL Teams from the get-go and if enough Teams fill their OL Needs early there is a possibility He'll slide...I still think Robinson is a Mid-2nd Rounder...But who knows?

Knowshon Moreno - HB - I made a point of watching Georgia Games the past 2 Years just to watch Moreno...He was something else...Not sure what kind of Pro He'll be just yet...But the Kid was electric in College...

Brian Cushing - LB - He'll be a great addition to any Team...He may never be an All-Pro...But He'll be solid for Years and Years...

Chris Wells - HB - I'm a Michigan Fan and that Kid KILLED Us...:nana: I think he's better than Eddie George was but He may be a bit to fragile to see His full potential through...

That's just the few that come to mind immediately... :lol:

I like........

:nana: CURRY :lol: , if we could somehow get this kid (Very Doubtful) We can dream though!!

After that I would prefer in no particular order:

BJ Raji, DT Boston College, Big Gap Filler, Poz would love this guy eating up blockers

Brain Cushing OL USC, Great work ethic, eager to learn and improve

Larry English - DE, Northern Illinois Has alot a skill off the ball and offers a mixed attack

Brian Orakpo DE, Texas, Motor is a question but has no ceiling for potential Needs a coach like Bill Cowher

Jared Cook TE South Carolina, Would be happy if he was there in round 2 for us.

I know those are some obvious choices, not sold on Everette Brown @ 11, Hate Pettigrew even in round 2

Sleepers: Round 3 and beyond

Chase Coffman TE hopefully 4. Too one dimensional for TE ....IMO for any earlier pick

Antoine Caldwell C Possible Round 3 Bargain if we could land him

Jason Phillips LB Injury could allow him to slip into round 5 if so Solid round 5 pick

Ok Enough I could do this all day.

Bills 2009 predition Optimistic 10-6 Pesimistic 8-8...so 9-7

Cheers CB

Michale Oher and Andy Levitre. Both of them played OT. Many say Oher projects to Guard. Levitre is already listed as one and from what little I have seen of him, he is just the type that the Bills need.

Dockery, although bloated, was better on passing plays than runs. When he decided to move, he had pretty good footwork. Levitre is more of a Faneca type, a mauler. Put him next to a healthy, motivated Jason Peters and our running game will improve. It will have to be taken seriously, which would help TO and Evans get open, let alone make life twice as easy for a young quarterback.

That said, we do this every year. We visualize big, strong players who could perhaps help transform us into a tough, strong team that plays in the cold. Last season, Dick Levy spurned Branden Albert for another corner. In 06, it was Whitner at all costs. This year, it will probably be either Jenkins or Davis instead of guys who can out-muscle opponents. I will be pretty shocked to see us concentrate on any position other than the secondary in terms of early round picks. Do you guys disagree?

no - you are correct

in a draft loaded with top quality C prospects, only the Bills would sign a castoff and pretend he's an NFL caliber starter and avoid the glut of OL players.

If the Bills did not draft a top OL player like Albert or Clady last year when they knew Peters was holding out, they will never use a premium pick on an OL under this front office.

they can not evaluate talent, or they would have recognized what they had in Greer and would have signed him last year instead of severely overpaying for another team's scrub this year

Good teams build the trenches. look at what Parcells is doing in Miami. He signed the C the Bills should have got as a FA. Instead of the llines, the bills have spent multiple premium picks on "skill" players (#1- Evans, #2- Reed, Parrish, Hardy) who have been rendered useless by a porous OL.

On top of that, the Bills cut Dockery voluntarily with no replacement in sight.

just shortsighted and stupid

No surprises here, but Aaron Curry is my favourite prospect. He's a beast. He's so NFL-ready, he's gonna start from day one and be a pro bowler for years.

Despite Crabtree's injuries and no 40-time, he's still one of the top prospects in my books. We're talking about a guy who played QB in high school and at Texas Tech, caught 231 passes in only two years.

I'm also extremely intrigued by Robert Ayers. He has great size and has plenty of upside and talent to boot.

1.) Rhett Bomar- Coaches son who has all the tools to play in the NFL, and he exudes confidence, to me. His future has gunslinger written all over it, IMO!

2.) Eugene Monroe- OLT that will be invited to numerous Pro Bowls in his career. Michael Lombardi of NFL Network said he has the best feet he's seen since Tony Boselli. I'm sold.......

3.) Clay Matthews, Jr.- I'm a little suprised he's NOT been mentioned much in this thread. This guy walks on as a 166 lbs. freshman, and leaves USC as a bonified first round prospect. He has Buffalo Bills written all over him, IMO!!

4.) James Casey- Thor is his nickname..... Nuff said!!

5.) Evander "Ziggy" Hood- Maybe my favorite player, all he does is go snap to whistle EVERY PLAY!! He performed well at the combine and he'd look GREAT next to Marcus Stroud. I like Kyle Williams, but he can be replaced, as a starter, IMO.

6.) Alex Mack- I want him anchoring the Bills line for 12 or so years!

I know I can't have all of these guys, but three would suffice!!!!

A couple of OL's as I'd like to see some attitude and passion in our line-play:

Kraig Urbik-G-Wisconsin. 45 straight starts most at RG about and 1/3 at RT. Big (6-5 328), suited toward a power running game. Not the greatest athlete but could be a great 3rd round pick. I'd like to see some Big 10 linemen on this team who have played against excellent competition and in cold weather. an interesting stat from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com: "According to coaches stats, in his final two seasons Urbik had 26 blocks that resulted in touchdowns and allowed only three sacks and two pressures on 680 pass plays."

Rich Ohrnberger-G-Penn State and A.Q. Shipley-C-Penn State. I'm not a JoePa apologist but these two guys have a lot of upside in the 2nd or 3rd round. Shipley has short arms which scouts never like but he just plays well. Scored a 40 on the Wonderlic. Ohrnberger's description sounds to me a lot like ex-Bill Ross Tucker; smart, wisecracker, hard-nosed player.