Dare to Dream...Again?

I am completely agaisnt trading for gonzo. The Bills are not in a position to win the superbowl anytime soon. Thats the only reason a team should give up a high draft pick for an old declining player. TO is a marketing move, not a move to get us to the SB. Gonzo would take a 2 or 3, I would rather draft one of the numerous TEs in this draft with that pick and have a TE for 10 years not two.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not worried about TE.

You should be, I think. The TE is part of the offensive line, at a minimum. A proven TE who you know can block some, is necessary. Plus, a big reliable target will do wonders for Trent's development. I think the importance of a TE that can stretch the field might be diminished a little, by the presence of TO...but a good fundamental TE is very important to this team, IMO.

Now, if you think the Bills already have that guy on the roster, or can draft one, and still take care of those other needs, then I understand your lack of worry.

#1- can anyone show PROOF/SOURCE that Tony Gonzalez actually nixed a trade to Buffalo? (it's all rumors).

#2- Tony wants OUT of KC, his peeps keep leaking that. Tony has not come out and requested a trade because he prefers to put the blame on the club for his leaving that community.

#3- The bills were the high bidder last year, i would assume they are still just as interested.

#4- i would trade a #2 or #3 draft pick ANY DAY OF THE WEEK for a proven All Pro player at any position who has a reasonable cap hit/salary.

#5- i wouldn't rule out the possibilty he comes here, chances are low, but alot higher than the chances of us getting T.O. were a month ago.

#6- we need a starting tight end of at least a 1st or 2nd round quality.

#7- Gonzo may not be the absolute best scenario, but it is an excellant one.

You guys give me a lot of credit for trying to make something up like this.

But to make it even more interesting, here's some particular's:

- We have offered a 4th and a 6th rounder for 1 year of service or a 2nd rounder for 3 years of service.

- and there are 2 more teams fighting for him as well, for now.

Get over the collective negative and jump aboard the collective positive. We are in the midst of having the best offensive talent ever assembled on our team. We are about to shake it up for the old timer. You have to believe Buffalo!

Or continue shooting down any glimmer of something extraordinary happening for us, and keep wearing your "I hate life" t -shirts.

Get on the love train gentlemen, cause it's coming.

It's just that we get so many hairbrained rumors posted ... that we pretty much dump on anything without confirmation ... nothing personal.

Anonymous Source...

Edwards, TO, and Evans placed a phone call to Gonzalez, urging him to come aboard?

- I understand the natural penchant to discredit validity w/ no print source, but the source is solid.

- I am new to this forum, am a serious fan, and have no angle to mislead my fellow fans.

Every other AFC East team is stocking up w/ defensive talent (Miami - kind of) and we counter move potentially with an over the top offense. Evans, TO, Gonzo, Reed, Parrish, Jackson, and Lynch? Are you kidding me? With these men in place the onus falls upon Shonert to put together the money game plan. How happy would this guy be?

Who knows how this will all play out, but it made me feel good to know that the Bills brass is even more serious then we imagined about making a run at a more than respectable season.

What gets me more excited about this, is that signing Gonzo isn't a move to fill seats, they did that w/ TO, so this has to be about making a serious run at the championship. For Ralph, ourselves, and the city. More importantly, before both Ralph and the team are gone.

Dare to dream...

typical Bills - spend big bucks on flashy WRs and TEs while again gutting and ignoring the OL

all those skill players will be wasted by having a backup at C, nobody at LG and a holdout at LT

typical Bills - spend big bucks on flashy WRs and TEs while again gutting and ignoring the OL

all those skill players will be wasted by having a backup at C, nobody at LG and a holdout at LT

What's to say the Bills don't take a couple of offensive lineman in the first two or three rounds in the draft?

Left guard will get filled, likely by someone with more toughness than Dockery, the "backup at C" can be no worse than Preston/Fowler, and Peters is going to holdout (again)? :rolleyes:

- We have offered a 4th and a 6th rounder for 1 year of service or a 2nd rounder for 3 years of service.

2. How could they set the conditions you've mentioned which specify the years of service. Is KC going to wait 3 years to get their draft picks?

I was assuming it was conditional on what contract the Bills could get TG to sign. If the Bills got Tony, they would have to give him a new contract. So the picks would be conditional per the contract he signs. If he comes for a one-year trial deal like TO, then KC gets a 4th and a 6th. If TG comes and signs a 3-year deal, then KC gets a 2nd rounder. I don't know if NFL trades ever have these conditions, or if that is what was meant by the original poster, but that's how I read it.

Of course they would have to get KC to agree to that deal, which if there are other suitors who TG wants to play for and who will pay TG what he wants for a long term deal and will give up more than say a 4th and a 6th (if TG would only sign a one-year deal with the Bills) then Buffalo would be out of luck.

So, I doubt that deal would ever happen but I would still love to see Gonzales in a Bills uniform...

...as for TG turning down the Bills previously, if that is true, it was before the TO pickup which could change his mind.

Not saying there's any truth to this rumor, but one can dream can't one?

You guys give me a lot of credit for trying to make something up like this.

Get over the collective negative and jump aboard the collective positive. We are in the midst of having the best offensive talent ever assembled on our team. We are about to shake it up for the old timer. You have to believe Buffalo!

Or continue shooting down any glimmer of something extraordinary happening for us, and keep wearing your "I hate life" t -shirts.

Get on the love train gentlemen, cause it's coming.

I hope you are referring to the best " offensive Talent " in the 2000's, because if you're suggesting that Edwards and Co. are better than Kelly and Co. you might want to consider editing your post, my friend. <_<

<_<

New Alert...3 Way Trade!

Bills trade Peters to Philly for 2,4 picks

Chiefs trade Gonzo for Bills 4th round pick with conditional

Philly trades for Croyle and 7th round pick

TBD board receives absolute sh*t post from moron that generates 3 pages of posts with conditional pages to be named later

Winner = No one

I always wonder if these threads come from interns at the Bills Marketing department, or interns at a player agency, just like I wonder if most of the "outrage" threads come from wanna-be political operatives on the PPP board.

most propaganda threads & posts come directly from Russ's marketing and PR machine - constantly testing & manipulating the fanbase.

What's to say the Bills don't take a couple of offensive lineman in the first two or three rounds in the draft?

15 years of history would tend to negate that happening.

more likely a couple of DBs in the top 4 rounds

even if they break tradition and draft an OL, their total ineptness in evaluating OL talent will render the pick worthless