Julius Peppers

Frez

Is this board overrun with Brits?? It's "defense," not "defence." And I don't think a lack of a 3-4 is what's keeping him from going to Buffalo. I've also heard he wants to, but he knows he's worth more as a 4-3 DE (that's why T. Suggs lost it when he got franchised as an OLB compared to getting franchised as a DE).

Peppers said that he's done all that he can in a 4-3 and wants to play OLB in a 3-4. He said there are 4 teams that play a 3-4 where he'd like to be traded. And whether he plays OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3 matters little money-wise. He's looking to get Haynesworth money, at least, if he's traded, and that will likely be his last contract.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peppers said that he's done all that he can in a 4-3 and wants to play OLB in a 3-4. He said there are 4 teams that play a 3-4 where he'd like to be traded. And whether he plays OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3 matters little money-wise. He's looking to get Haynesworth money, at least, if he's traded, and that will likely be his last contract.

He's never played OLB in a 3-4. There's no way he gets anywhere close to $100M at that position. My money says he signs the tender and plays DE in Carolina's 4-3 again this year.

He's never played OLB in a 3-4. There's no way he gets anywhere close to $100M at that position. My money says he signs the tender and plays DE in Carolina's 4-3 again this year.

I also don't think he's going to get traded. I doubt any team would pony-up the cash he's looking for to try-out a new position. Plus trade high draft picks.

A friend of a friend bumped into Thurman Thomas a day or two ago. Thurman mentioned something bigger than Terrel Owens is coming to the Buffalo Bills and should happen before draft day. Thurman laughed and said, I hope you like lots of pepper on your Sunday afternoons.

Take it for what it's worth, probably nothing.

OK, taking this for what it's worth, and it's probably worth nothing, why wait until draft day?

If the Bills were swinging a deal for JPeppers wouldn't they JUST DO IT NOW!?!?!?

Yup, the Bills regularly include Thermal in ALL of their personal moves..... :D

If we get Peppers and have a stellar draft, we might make some noise this season after all.

We can only hope...We need established talent. Not just build thru the draft. That's why it's important to sign guys like T.O. But now we have to fill our needs. A guy like Scheffler at TE, Peppers at DE, June at LB. I'm not saying these guys are the long term answer, but I really feel that we are a few pieces away from become a major threat. Even if we get one or two of these guys or guys like them, it could make things very interesting.

Now if we don't get a decent DE, we really need to hope Schobel has a great year, because Denney and Kelsey are not the answer.

Peppers would be an amazing pick up. I highly doubt it would ever happen though.

I wonder how the media would spin that though. Obviously something very negative. All of a sudden Peppers would be a horrible player, most likely to have only one good year left in him, etc., etc.

A friend of a friend bumped into Thurman Thomas a day or two ago. Thurman mentioned something bigger than Terrel Owens is coming to the Buffalo Bills and should happen before draft day. Thurman laughed and said, I hope you like lots of pepper on your Sunday afternoons.

So this means that the front office "inner circle" leaks information to select Bills alumni, letting them know what moves they are trying to make? I guess this was Thurman's reward for publicly proclaiming that the Bills stink? How absurd is that?

Everyone on this board seems to run into an ex player every day.

That's not so far fetched. We now have over 10,000 posters and 50 years of Buffalo Bills in 'da hood'. A genuinely cool spin off of this is the number of Bills players who have chosen to live in WNY after their playing career, when virually none of them are native.

Speculation: I wouldn't be surprised if a number of TBD posters are/were Buffalo Bills.

Take it for what it's worth, probably nothing.

Sgt. Pepper?

Sen. Claude Pepper?

Pepper Gomez?

Dottie Pepper?

Red Hot Chili Peppers?

So this means that the front office "inner circle" leaks information to select Bills alumni, letting them know what moves they are trying to make? I guess this was Thurman's reward for publicly proclaiming that the Bills stink? How absurd is that?

While I wouldn't assume this story is true, there are other explanations besides yours (and the idea that the Bills consult Thomas...floated by another poster as a straw man to knock down). Perhaps Thomas knows Peppers, or his agent, or his agent's brother, or maybe he was at 1 BD for a reason, and overheard a conversation walking by an office...etc.

The thing about rumors is, they come in many different forms, from many different sources, and some are more solid than others.

Once more, it's a rumor. Who knows how good of a rumor it is. It certainly sounds unlikely, to me.

But, it's a pretty good story...more fun than most of the rumors we get around here.

While I wouldn't assume this story is true, there are other explanations besides yours (and the idea that the Bills consult Thomas...floated by another poster as a straw man to knock down). Perhaps Thomas knows Peppers, or his agent, or his agent's brother, or maybe he was at 1 BD for a reason, and overheard a conversation walking by an office...etc.

The thing about rumors is, they come in many different forms, from many different sources, and some are more solid than others.

Once more, it's a rumor. Who knows how good of a rumor it is. It certainly sounds unlikely, to me.

But, it's a pretty good story...more fun than most of the rumors we get around here.

Nicely put. Stating the obvious, it's not at all uncommon for folks in a particular field of endeavor to chat idly about it, and have opinions, whether active or retired.

I still keep a casual hand in automotive, no doubt retired NFL players do same for their former work.

I would definitely trade our 1st round choice probably throw in our 3rd rounder as well to get Peppers.

Agreed, if we could sign him. My only concern is that two years ago he only had 2.5 sacks. Then, playing for a contract he had 14.5 sacks. That would worry anybody. But I'm more worried about the FO evaluating talent at the DE position in this year's draft. And I'd still love to land Jason Taylor for a two year deal and let him practice at home in Miami until the first pre-season game, but now you know I'm on drugs...

To tell you the truth, Julius Peppers reputation and talent precedes his onfield production, in my view. He really hasn't put up the type of numbers to make him the highest paid Defensive player in football. I would have to believe that Carolina is actively shopping him around, and that they are hating the prospects of having to pay him $16 Million this year.

For $16 Million, I wouldn't want to have him.