J.P. Lossman to new UFL ? What do you think

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..but... Garcia isn't Losman's age. We can play the "what if" game all day!

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

and Lossman had nowhere the career that Garcia had either.

she could have been your uncle at one time for all we know.

Might be a good option for him...he can likely start and will have good coaches there. If he plays well, he may very well play himself right back into a qb competition in the NFL or even a starting gig. ...

Yup, some great coaches there in the "UFL".

Didn't you just post elsewhere that coaching was not our problem, it was the terrible play of "our QB's"?

Guys J.P stinks. Last year when he was auditioning for another team,he finally proved it to me. He had some of the biggest bonehead plays ever seen. He single handedly lost the Jets game. I mean him no ill will going forward. I was just thinking last night it will be so nice this year not to have to talk about J.P. I cheered for him while he was here, heck i defended the guy for the first three years. But he was god awful. And if you couldn't see that, i am sorry. Good luck to him. I hope he gets paid. The CFL or UFL would work maybe. He has great talent but is a mental midget on the field.

Guest dog14787
it's funny how the JP jerkoff lovers aren't running their mouths about him anymore and how he needs a new start to prove himself,etc... it turns out that no other NFL team wants him. how does the crow taste, ladies? :thumbsup:

The way the Buffalo Bills organization took a young and promising QB and ran him into the ground is something I for one don't even like to be reminded of and in my opinion there's allot of blame to go around. No TE for a security blanket, below average line play, trying to run an offense with smallish, sub par WR's and to top it all off, an OC and HC that considering their track record shouldn't even be coaching our team right now.

When we take a top prospect and fail as miserably as we did the whole organization eats crow which includes any real Bills fan so how does the crow taste?

The way the Buffalo Bills organization took a young and promising QB and ran him into the ground is something I for one don't even like to be reminded of and in my opinion there's allot of blame to go around. No TE for a security blanket, below average line play, trying to run an offense with smallish, sub par WR's and to top it all off, an OC and HC that considering their track record shouldn't even be coaching our team right now.

When we take a top prospect and fail as miserably as we did the whole organization eats crow which includes any real Bills fan so how does the crow taste?

See, this is why people can't stand the Losman fans. Trust me, I was as big of a JP fan as there was. But after 2007 and 2008, it became really clear that he is a borderline backup and definitely not a NFL quality starter. So please stop with the excuses. If Edwards looks as bad as JP did the past years this year, I want a new QB. No excuses.

Guest dog14787

I think there's still plenty of time for JP to catch on with an NFL club. Teams wants and needs will change many times before the season starts.

[/quot]

I agree, If you look back over Losman's career there was a point at which Losman was starting to flourish under Fairchild. I'm sure everyone still remembers some of the bombs he threw to Lee Evans, balls thrown so hard you wondered if they would ever come down, but they did, perfectly placed into Lee Evans hands.

In my opinion, any team that needs a starting QB right now should put J.P. Losman near the top of their list. With the right OC and given enough talent around him, I still believe JP Losman can succeed in the NFL.

OMG. Really???. Becaus ehe threw some bombs? A broke clock is right twice a day. What about last year when all he had to do against the Jets was run out the clock? He could have fallen down and kept the clock running. Instead he decides to late to scramble. Gets the ball knocked out. And the rest of the story we all know. Sorry that isn't coaching. Thats an idiotic play. Every guy makes mistakes but not ones like that.

I agree, If you look back over Losman's career there was a point at which Losman was starting to flourish under Fairchild. I'm sure everyone still remembers some of the bombs he threw to Lee Evans, balls thrown so hard you wondered if they would ever come down, but they did, perfectly placed into Lee Evans hands.

In my opinion, any team that needs a starting QB right now should put J.P. Losman near the top of their list. With the right OC and given enough talent around him, I still believe JP Losman can succeed in the NFL.

Let's not get crazy here. I said I think he may still get a job, I don't think he will be any good at it.

Guest dog14787
See, this is why people can't stand the Losman fans. Trust me, I was as big of a JP fan as there was. But after 2007 and 2008, it became really clear that he is a borderline backup and definitely not a NFL quality starter. So please stop with the excuses. If Edwards looks as bad as JP did the past years this year, I want a new QB. No excuses.

Can you honestly say that poor coaching and supporting cast had nothing to do with Losmans demise? Most organizations at least have enough common sense to give a young QB a TE to help him adjust to the NFL. Our inexperienced OC almost got another young and promising QB killed last year. Concussions start to pile up and TE is done, finished, I don't even want to get into this discussion. :censored:

Can you honestly say that poor coaching and supporting cast had nothing to do with Losmans demise? Most organizations at least have enough common sense to give a young QB a TE to help him adjust to the NFL. Our inexperienced OC almost got another young and promising QB killed last year. Concussions start to pile up and TE is done, finished, I don't even want to get into this discussion. :censored:

You can make excuses for every young QB that failed. However, IMO, the good ones still rise to the top. Losman looked like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen last year.

For all the talk about coaching, it's still the NFL. Most coaches are very good. Some are better than others but it mainly comes down to players. Mularkey was successful with guys like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Matt Ryan. He only failed with Losman and Harrington. I don't even know who Ryan's TE was this year.

Fairchild, on the hand, just led a CSU team to a bowl win after the team won 7 games combined the previous 2 years.

I wish Losman the best, but the years will reveal it wasn't on the coaches. It was on the player.

I could see JP ending up in CIN, if the price is right. W-L record aside, their assistant HC/OL coach Paul Alexander is one of the best in the business. Protecting Palmer is job#1, and they stockpile OLs.

Last season, like the year before, they were rocked with OL injuries. The bench stepped up for Fitzpatrick.

I've been meaning to post my impressions about Fitzpatrick, watching him play 12 games. He proved to be quick on the uptake, and very much a director of the offense.

Forget any "noodle-arm" comments - he can make the throws.

Very decisive - he ran often and well, realizing his inexperience. And as his time in games progressed, he hit the open receivers. Certainly, he was aided by Houshmanzedeh. And RB Benson's resurgence.

The Bills signed him to a pretty decent contract. With good reason, IMO.

Guest dog14787
OMG. Really???. Becaus ehe threw some bombs? A broke clock is right twice a day. What about last year when all he had to do against the Jets was run out the clock? He could have fallen down and kept the clock running. Instead he decides to late to scramble. Gets the ball knocked out. And the rest of the story we all know. Sorry that isn't coaching. Thats an idiotic play. Every guy makes mistakes but not ones like that.

What an example, thanks, you just cheered me up :censored:

You can make excuses for every young QB that failed. However, IMO, the good ones still rise to the top. Losman looked like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen last year.

For all the talk about coaching, it's still the NFL. Most coaches are very good. Some are better than others but it mainly comes down to players. Mularkey was successful with guys like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Matt Ryan. He only failed with Losman and Harrington. I don't even know who Ryan's TE was this year.

Fairchild, on the hand, just led a CSU team to a bowl win after the team won 7 games combined the previous 2 years.

I wish Losman the best, but the years will reveal it wasn't on the coaches. It was on the player.

Losman was bad in 2008. There's no arguing that. However, the entire team was also bad during that stretch. As far as his development, it was mangled starting in 2005. I find it funny how both TD and mularkey (and the fans) claimed they knew he was raw and would take a couple of seasons to develop, and then yanked the plug after 3 games.

Losman started to show some promise in 2006. There's no arguing that. Then he was abruptly bumble!@#$ed again in 2007. Think of it this way. Would you approve is jauron and co benched edwards after 2 bad games to open this upcoming season? I sure as hell wouldn't. But that's what they did in 2007 with Losman. Most of us "losman fans" wanted to see what he could do in 2007 over the course of the season and then move on if he didn't have it. But they never afforded him the opportunity. Its very similar to Edwards going into 2009. Most of us want to see Trent under center all year so we can determine if he's gonna be a good one or not.

it's funny how the JP jerkoff lovers aren't running their mouths about him anymore and how he needs a new start to prove himself,etc... it turns out that no other NFL team wants him. how does the crow taste, ladies? :censored:

Can we also include Jay Cutler in the "No one Want's Me" club?