Yet another reason to feel good about 2009

GG

When asked about the players, Jauron gave the OL & LB corps a nearly perfect assessment and felt that the players already on the roster would be just fine. Yet, he felt that more help is needed for the RB position for the few games that Lynch could be absent.

7-9 baby!! If we can dream that high.

OL if they sign Peters... may not be that bad. Of course it could be better. Fingers crossed.

LB... I am sure they could get June for cheap. Why not?

All of that being said, we need a damn pass rushing DE.

When asked about the players, Jauron gave the OL & LB corps a nearly perfect assessment and felt that the players already on the roster would be just fine. Yet, he felt that more help is needed for the RB position for the few games that Lynch could be absent.

Posturing. Jauron is expecting that guys like June, Keiaho, Goff, Simmons, and Bentley hear what he's saying and lower their prices.

Posturing. Jauron is expecting that guys like June, Keiaho, Goff, Simmons, and Bentley hear what he's saying and lower their prices.

exactly... he's not an idiot. we are weakest at those spots and he is making it seem as though we are content. expect june or keiaho to sign after the draft, closer to June 1.....

exactly... he's not an idiot. we are weakest at those spots and he is making it seem as though we are content. expect june or keiaho to sign after the draft, closer to June 1.....

i hope we aren't waiting that long to sign a starting LB........for the amount of money we are talking about here (i.e. pennies), it isn't worth having a guy miss all the spring sessions and the chance to build some camaraderie with his teammates

What I've read is that there won't be any more FA signings until after the draft, and that it's a bilateral decision, i.e. clubs don't want to sign players and players don't want to sign before the draft. There's apparently concern on the part of the players that they'll sign only to get cut if the team drafts a player to replace them.

Though Many might not agree with me I have posted before that the best our sack rate was is when we had LBs like Spikes and Fletcher both great covering LBS. The problem with the LB core we have now is they are very good run stoppers but not very good in coverage. If the LBS/CBS are not good in coverage the sacks go down becuase the QB has time to get it to the open man. IF the Coverage of our LBS/CBS were good we would have more coverage sacks like we did in 2006. If the QB has noone open he cant get the ball to the reciever which either leads to throwing the ball away, incomplete pass or poss int, or the coveted coverage sack that we are lacking!

As i said most will disagree but the sack problem isnt the Front 4 its the back 7 and the DC who only sends the front 4 against 5 to 7 players.

Though Many might not agree with me I have posted before that the best our sack rate was is when we had LBs like Spikes and Fletcher both great covering LBS. The problem with the LB core we have now is they are very good run stoppers but not very good in coverage. If the LBS/CBS are not good in coverage the sacks go down becuase the QB has time to get it to the open man. IF the Coverage of our LBS/CBS were good we would have more coverage sacks like we did in 2006. If the QB has noone open he cant get the ball to the reciever which either leads to throwing the ball away, incomplete pass or poss int, or the coveted coverage sack that we are lacking!

As i said most will disagree but the sack problem isnt the Front 4 its the back 7 and the DC who only sends the front 4 against 5 to 7 players.

If they are marginal in coverage, and marginal in pressuring a QB - get better ones.

With CIN, Spikes didn't blitz much - his value was in how much of the field he covered. When he did, though - he was terrific at it.

If they are marginal in coverage, and marginal in pressuring a QB - get better ones.

With CIN, Spikes didn't blitz much - his value was in how much of the field he covered. When he did, though - he was terrific at it.

I wasnt talking about blitzing the Lbs though that woould help in pressuring the Qb but you stated my pint about the excellent coverage LB Spikes was which leads to coverage sacks/incomplete passes or INTS