Report: Chiefs TE Gonzalez wants trade

UBinVA

The Bills were 5-1 last year when they inquired about him, and he could have helped them a lot since the offense is what brought-down the team. As long as he doesn't go to another AFC East team, TG can rot in hell for all I care.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one would have thought we would have TO a month ago, and I have no idea and neither does anyone else for that matter of TG's goals and objectives with regard where he wants to play.

My point was that this triad (LE, TO, TG) would probably be the best in the NFL. Will it happen, I doubt it. But I can still dream of the possibility which is about the only thing that makes me happy these days vs. the cold reality of Buffalo sports in recent times.

Who knows, maybe he did not want to come to Buffalo because of Royal (or royal pain in asses here). I added Tony to my signature so each and every post will have it mention we ought to trade for him. :D

P.S. Take Midol for your PERIOD.

:wallbash: What are you talking about? Your superior intelligence and witt shines through again. :thumbsup:

Gonzalez can block. So can Pettigrew. All the "many quality TEs later in the draft," not so much.

If Pettigrew is really the only Te in the draft that can block (very doubtful, IMO), then there is next year's draft, as I noted.

If Pettigrew is really the only Te in the draft that can block (very doubtful, IMO), then there is next year's draft, as I noted.

I have a suspicion that Pettigrew will end-up being mainly a blocking TE in the NFL.

I see so few Bills' games - does Schonert's schemes try to feature the tight end? The impression I get is that the tight end is mostly a check down option for Edwards.

I see so few Bills' games - does Schonert's schemes try to feature the tight end? The impression I get is that the tight end is mostly a check down option for Edwards.

Well, based on one year's worth of evidence...not really. That was one of my arguments for getting Gonzalez, during the season. He would come to the Bills with such an incredible body of work, that I think the Bills' coaches would have been forced to incorporate him into the offense. A draft pick (even a high draft pick), not so much, IMO. Scheffler may not have the same caché as Gonzo, but I think his glossy YPC would have to catch the Bills' attention, and maybe get him more involved than TEs past.

Turk showed a glimmer of trying to get the TE involved later in the season. Problem was, Royal simply wasn't reliable enough as a receiver.

In any event, a TE that can't block a lick, is probably next to worthless in the Bills offense, IMO.

What?? Wait until '10 to draft our TE of the future?? Why not wait until '14? I hear there are some nasty kids coming up through high school now...

I have a suspicion that Pettigrew will end-up being mainly a blocking TE in the NFL.

Why is that? Because he ran a slow 40? You know he ran the exact 40 Heath Miller ran, right? He's certainly more than a blocking TE for Pittsburgh.

Well, based on one year's worth of evidence...not really. That was one of my arguments for getting Gonzalez, during the season. He would come to the Bills with such an incredible body of work, that I think the Bills' coaches would have been forced to incorporate him into the offense. A draft pick (even a high draft pick), not so much, IMO. Scheffler may not have the same caché as Gonzo, but I think his glossy YPC would have to catch the Bills' attention, and maybe get him more involved than TEs past.

Turk showed a glimmer of trying to get the TE involved later in the season. Problem was, Royal simply wasn't reliable enough as a receiver.

In any event, a TE that can't block a lick, is probably next to worthless in the Bills offense, IMO.

Thanks. I agree with what you say.

I read this or that post about having a H-Back. That's useful, but for that position, I like to see a player who is a tight end first, and blocking back second.

CIN does that with Reggie Kelly (factoid - he was the player that ATL drafted before Peerless Price). Kelly's a decent blocker, backfield or on the line. Decent hands - but their scheme decidedly doesn't look to TE receptions.

Sure, if the Bills got Tony Gonzalez...which was the point of the initial discussion on this.

Gotcha. Didn't see that was implied.

Tony won't play more than two years anyway so regardless we should be drafting a TE in this draft. It just depends on where we take him - if we get a Sheffler or a Gonzalez we can take a second day TE (and watch him fan out like Tim Euhus); if we don't, we should take one no later than round three.

If the costs were the same, I'd much rather have Sheffler than Gonzales. I don't know how much longer Gonzales will or can play. 1 year or 2 years. Sheffler could be a Bill for many years. I just wouldn't want them to give more than a 3rd round pick for either of them (Gonzo, no more than a 4th). Lots of very good pass-catching TE in this draft.

We already have blocking TE's. Besides, we seem to run better out of the 2 TE formation, so doesn't matter if our new TE can't block too well.

If the costs were the same, I'd much rather have Sheffler than Gonzales. I don't know how much longer Gonzales will or can play. 1 year or 2 years. Sheffler could be a Bill for many years. I just wouldn't want them to give more than a 3rd round pick for either of them (Gonzo, no more than a 4th). Lots of very good pass-catching TE in this draft.

We already have blocking TE's. Besides, we seem to run better out of the 2 TE formation, so doesn't matter if our new TE can't block too well.

I'm not sure that's true. Royal was the real blocking TE, for the Bills. I'm not sure we know what Fine is, just yet.

Could you imagine the impact if the Bills pulled this off? Now this would sell some seats and give TE some weapons.

Evans

Owens

Gonzalez

WOW!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9376864...-trade?MSNHPHMA

Yeah! It could be as good as the weapons TR had in Dallas with

Williams

Owens

Witten

oh .... wait a minute .....

:thumbsup::D

It did sell seats in Dallas, though, so Ralph would be happy.

Git 'er done!

Was it ever confirmed that Gonzo nixed a trade with Buffalo?

I know there was speculation about that, but I also heard that, while the Bills had the best offer on the table (a 3rd rounder), the Chiefs were holding out for a 2nd. I know it was rumored that TG really wanted to go to the Giants, but I don't recall him ever publicly saying that he would not play for the Bills. Nor do I remember hearing that the Chiefs had ever agreed in principal on a trade with the Bills.

I don't think that was the case at all. TG is at the end of his career and has played in KC. He isn't after the big market or endorsements at this time. He jsut wants to win. There was talk that he would have went to Green Bay but the deal got nixed. If he is willing to go to GB, it is not about exposure. Buffalo, unfortunately, hasn't been a winner fro a decade and isn't the spot a vet would go to if they wanted to win.

Huh. My take is just the opposite. TG'd like to get that last big payday in a large media market so he can get to work setting up his post-football future. If the team is a stong playoff contender, all the better.

That's three strikes against Buffalo.