Bills contact LT Peters to discuss new deal

If anyone here really thinks we will get 2 first round pick for Peters they are smoking crack through a plastic straw, with an espestos filter while sitting on a pole.

There is no way in hell that we get 2 first round picks for Peters. If we were offered 2 first rounders we would be the dumbest FO in football not to take it. Peters is going to demand rediculous money, on top of being a fat out of shape slob, and letting up 12 sacks a year. How he made the pro-bowl is rediculous. And anyone that says he made the pro-bowl we need to pay him....you can go back and think all those years about how much a joke it was that Ruben made the pro-bowl each year. And Peters isnt good enough to lick Rubens jock strap.

If we get 1 first round pick we should jump at the opportunity to get rid of this massive 340 baby. If we got anything on top of a 1st round pick we should be extremely lucky. To the people thinking we will get deals like 2 first rounds, and 2 second rounds over the course of this years, and next years draft need to wake up.

Thats my take. You can flame away, or agree with me completely.

Smoking crack is not a laughing matter. I've seen a lot of the greats go through issues with it- Jake the Snake being one of them. It aint funny and I'd appreciate it if you used a different metaphor to prove your points from now on, and that's all I got to say about that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone here really thinks we will get 2 first round pick for Peters they are smoking crack through a plastic straw, with an espestos filter while sitting on a pole.

There is no way in hell that we get 2 first round picks for Peters. If we were offered 2 first rounders we would be the dumbest FO in football not to take it. Peters is going to demand rediculous money, on top of being a fat out of shape slob, and letting up 12 sacks a year. How he made the pro-bowl is rediculous. And anyone that says he made the pro-bowl we need to pay him....you can go back and think all those years about how much a joke it was that Ruben made the pro-bowl each year. And Peters isnt good enough to lick Rubens jock strap.

If we get 1 first round pick we should jump at the opportunity to get rid of this massive 340 baby. If we got anything on top of a 1st round pick we should be extremely lucky. To the people thinking we will get deals like 2 first rounds, and 2 second rounds over the course of this years, and next years draft need to wake up.

OK...

First, Peters is good enough to lick Ruben's jock strap.

Second, WTF is 'espestos'?

You made my point about him being fat and lazy. He didnt show up to camp last year and was out of shape. so much that they made him sit all of the first game, and then parts of the 2nd game. It has also been noted on multiple occasions, by multiple people in the media that he was not in game shape until about week 4.

I agree with you that we need to keep our big name players. I've been a supporter of the get Peters a contract fan club for a while now. But if hes going to hold out and not come to camp again and screw up the team chemistry on the O-Line then maybe its better that we cut bait now.

I really hope we sign him for a somewhat reasonable contract and make him happy and keep him as a Bill for the rest of his days. But if he gets traded for a 2nd and maybe a 3rd ill be the first one to say I told you so. Ill be eagerly waiting to hear that the Bills have traded the Eagles for 2 first round picks.

Hardly.

He isn't lazy or a bad teammate because he held out. That's the thing that you seem to be missing.

He didn't hold out because he just didn't feel like going to work. He didn't wake up the morning before OTAs and say "Gee, I really don't feel like sweating it out with my teammates in Buffalo right now, so I think I'll just stay home and eat cheetos". He was posturing for a new deal. Period.

It's natural that a player, even one that works out for the entire off-season, isn't going ot be at NFL football speed without some practice time. That's why he was held out of Week 1, not because--as you insinuate--he was too fat to play. Nobody ever said that; at least not that I heard. Perhaps you heard differently? If so, please post the link...

There is no scenario in which trading Peters makes the Bills a better team going into 2009, which I think is what most fans would like to see: a better team in 2009 than 2008, 2007, 2006, etc. So the right move for the football team is to sign the guy and move on.

Smoking crack is not a laughing matter. I've seen a lot of the greats go through issues with it- Jake the Snake being one of them. It aint funny and I'd appreciate it if you used a different metaphor to prove your points from now on, and that's all I got to say about that.

Is that the bottom line?

Hardly.

He isn't lazy or a bad teammate because he held out. That's the thing that you seem to be missing.

He didn't hold out because he just didn't feel like going to work. He didn't wake up the morning before OTAs and say "Gee, I really don't feel like sweating it out with my teammates in Buffalo right now, so I think I'll just stay home and eat cheetos". He was posturing for a new deal. Period.

It's natural that a player, even one that works out for the entire off-season, isn't going ot be at NFL football speed without some practice time. That's why he was held out of Week 1, not because--as you insinuate--he was too fat to play. Nobody ever said that; at least not that I heard. Perhaps you heard differently? If so, please post the link...

There is no scenario in which trading Peters makes the Bills a better team going into 2009, which I think is what most fans would like to see: a better team in 2009 than 2008, 2007, 2006, etc. So the right move for the football team is to sign the guy and move on.

As I said, I agree with you that we should resign him. He will make this team better in 09' than if we didnt have him here. However you proved my point that since he held out he was not in game shape. If you want to be really technical and be upset that I called him fat then you can go ahead. The fact is that he was not in game shape until a few weeks into the season. IMHO he wasnt clicking with the rest of the line at all until week 4. As far as holding out and your perception of not coming to work. I see it differently, he easily could have come to work and worked out a deal that way. Evans did just that and worked out a great deal for himself because he was patient and showed that he is a hard worker, and cares about this team. Not that I have a link for it, but I'm pretty sure I recall Brandon saying if he came to camp they would talk about his contract.

WHAT!?!?!

Thanks Forrest.

Frickin Crackhead! :censored:

Tading Peters for two first round choices would be a rip off, but it is the Bills who would be doing the bending over and likely getting screwed in this deal.

It is not because Peters is so great (he has talents but he also has clear flaws that lessen his value), but that this assessment completely over-values draft picks.

The Bills would simply be writing off the OL as more than a developing unit in 09 if they picked a rookie LT or even two rookies to fill the huge gap we have at LG as well.

Not only would this maneuver put our huge investment in Edwards at risk while these rookies learn to become vets in part by being taken to school, but it would be a waste of the one year we are likely to have from TO.

Thanks to the promotion of Mel Kiper and ESPN and the popularity of fantasy leagues, many fans simply have an unrealistic view of the draft.

In this fantasy world, every late 1st round pick becomes Nate Clements and one should expect the nice trick the Jets pulled off a couple of years ago of getting D'Brick and Mangold to be the norm. This view ignores occurrences like Mike Williams and McCargo, who even though taken in some very good drafts by the Bills were first rounders who went bust.

Folks simply put to much value of draft choices when actually though they give hope the devil you know is a far more likely choice than the devil you don't know.