Waters

per rotoworld:

Team chairman Clark Hunt said Monday that Tony Gonzalez will remain a Chief while Larry Johnson and Brian Waters "could return" to Kansas City next season.

"We certainly will not seek a trade for Tony," Hunt said. "I think he’s excited about the changes we’ve made here." Hunt added that he was "surprised" about Waters' release/trade request late last month and would not deny that Johnson is available in trade talks.

Source: Kansas City Star

I'd like to see us try and get him. I just don't know if we have any money left as he wil ask for anew contract when traded

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing to reference here, I just don't think -WANT to think- that the FO dumped a starting LG HOPING some good guard from another team will become unhappy and want to be traded.. Since we've seen nothing from the FO to date to replace Dockery, I'm going with the belief it's our intent to draft an immediate starter the FO has done their homework on and is confident of immediate success.

I have nothing to reference here, I just don't think -WANT to think- that the FO dumped a starting LG HOPING some good guard from another team will become unhappy and want to be traded.. Since we've seen nothing from the FO to date to replace Dockery, I'm going with the belief it's our intent to draft an immediate starter the FO has done their homework on and is confident of immediate success.

I hope that's not that case. There is no need to use of of our very important draft picks because we released a guy who was overpaid. Was he worth the money, no. But was he absolutely terrible, also no. I hope we sign Simmons or trade for Waters.

I hope that's not that case. There is no need to use of of our very important draft picks because we released a guy who was overpaid. Was he worth the money, no. But was he absolutely terrible, also no. I hope we sign Simmons or trade for Waters.

I didn't think DD was terrible until I watched the NE game from week 17 again last night. He was getting abused all day by Green.

If this guy is a really good guard then I think it's time the Bills get creative...

Waters for Whitner

Waters for Hardy

Waters for Parrish and a third

If they did trade Whitner, they could let Scott and Bowen (he's too small to be a LB) battle for the SS spot.

If this guy is a really good guard then I think it's time the Bills get creative...

Waters for Whitner

Waters for Hardy

If they did trade Whitner, they could let Scott and Bowen (he's too small to be a LB) battle for the SS spot.

KC would be tripping over themselves to pick up a 23 year old safety who is very close to being elite. He is totally worth a declining guard.

Waters for Whitner

Waters for Hardy

your kidding right?

good one :thumbsup:

KC would be tripping over themselves to pick up a 23 year old safety who is very close to being elite. He is totally worth a declining guard.

Whinter has a long way to go to become an elite player. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but I think Donte's a bust that could still garner trade value while the perception of him is still seemingly high throughout the league.

Why do you say that Waters is declining? Just because he's 32 years old doesn't mean he's declining. He probably has at least 4 very good years left and it's about time the Bills fix the line problem before Marshawn gets beat to a bloody pulp.

Has anybody seen Andy Levitre from Oregon St.? Randy Cross just said that he is very good and looks like a perfect fit for Pittsburgh or New England. Pittsburgh or New England!!!

Man does this piss me off. They play in the cold just like us, and they are thought of as more worthy of having tough, strong guards. There isn't much on youtube, but he does look good.

We did not release Derick Dockery because he was overpaid, we released him because he sucked. He was as soft an O lineman this side of Mike Williams that you are ever going to find. While Kirk Chambers is no stud, he at least plays tough. The Bills have had too many soft lineman such as Dockery, Fowler and Preston. Guys don't have to be world beaters, they just need to be tough and decently strong at the point of attack.. The Giants O line is not overly athletic, but they are all very TOUGH, and play physical. I believe Hangartner is that type of guy, as is Butler. Walker is not bad, and the rest remains to be seen. I would offer a 5th and Roscoe for Waters. And I would offer Denver a 4th for Scheffler the Tight End. If we can get those two guys without giving up any higher draft picks, the draft would look very sweet in getting at least two studs on defense at linebacker and end, and than using our third pick on a safety or DT. That also presumes that we extend Peters. If we trade him, than we have to use one of the picks from the Peters deal on a new OT.

I believe my scenario would cover all our immediate needs. LG, TE, OLB, DE, DT or S. (With Peters trade-new OT and S or DT with the extra pick we would probably receive) THOUGHTS?

Sorry, but I think Donte's a bust that could still garner trade value while the perception of him is still seemingly high throughout the league.

Why do you say that Waters is declining? Just because he's 32 years old doesn't mean he's declining. He probably has at least 4 very good years left and it's about time the Bills fix the line problem before Marshawn gets beat to a bloody pulp.

Donte is no where close to being a bust. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Whitner could very easily take the next step this season.

Donte is no where close to being a bust. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Whitner could very easily take the next step this season.

Please allow me to boil it down for you:

JP = great potential.

Whitner = bust.

Like Bakay says, it's so easy when you break it down scientifically.

GO BILLS!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!

you are the worst bills poster i've ever seen! you went on and on and on about how jp losman is good or will be good, do you remember that?

hahaha. you labills, and ramius all argued with me over jp, and now you kneel.

Please allow me to boil it down for you:

JP = great potential.

Whitner = bust.

Like Bakay says, it's so easy when you break it down scientifically.

GO BILLS!!!

I take a middle ground wrt Whitner.

I think that he is a good player who goes all out, and I appreciate this. I don't think that he plays up to my own expectations from a #8, but that is a matter of opinion. Even at that, it is hard to say how much of that is his fault. Very often he plays tens of yards downfield. When he does cheat and stay up close for the run, backs are sometimes coming at him unobstructed because our DL is just that weak.

I knew that Whitner was a stupid selection on draft day 06, and nothing has changed. Safeties are important, but not when both of your lines are soft. We go back and forth about who is to blame for this disaster, but what we do know is that Levy was the GM, Jauron was the Coach, and they spurned numerous offers to trade down.

In all, even if Whitner was a superstar, the lines still are suspect. A player like Whitner is not able to dominate without some help up front. We put a new roof on a house with a crumbling foundation the day we drafted Whitner, but it wasn't his fault.

Waters for Whitner

Waters for Hardy

You cant be serious.....you wanna trade Whitner and let scott and bowen battle for ss........this is what irks me about off season...we have too much time on our hands throw out crazy trades without even thinking about whether the other team would do the deal...what makes you think kc wants whitner? furthermore, you want to trade whitner but potentially put bowen back there??????

I think that he is a good player who goes all out, and I appreciate this. I don't think that he plays up to my own expectations from a #8, but that is a matter of opinion. Even at that, it is hard to say how much of that is his fault. Very often he plays tens of yards downfield. When he does cheat and stay up close for the run, backs are sometimes coming at him unobstructed because our DL is just that weak.

I knew that Whitner was a stupid selection on draft day 06, and nothing has changed. Safeties are important, but not when both of your lines are soft. We go back and forth about who is to blame for this disaster, but what we do know is that Levy was the GM, Jauron was the Coach, and they spurned numerous offers to trade down.

In all, even if Whitner was a superstar, the lines still are suspect. A player like Whitner is not able to dominate without some help up front. We put a new roof on a house with a crumbling foundation the day we drafted Whitner, but it wasn't his fault.

You and I will always see eye to eye when it comes to the importance of the trenches.

The Whitner pick is water under the bridge.

My post sought to point out the utter absurdity in #1's usual crap: that we should trade him staight up for Waters and let Bowens compete with Scott for SS. Preposterous.

Is Whitner a superstar, no. Is he better than average, yes. Is Scott better than average? No. Has Bowens EVER played the friggen position? No. Has ANY safety been able to dominate without help up front? I can't think of one.

GO BILLS!!!

I believe it, that Waters is available, but with him still being a pro bowl player and at a reasonable salary, KC will want quite a bit for him. I don't forsee them tradind him just he because he wants out unless the Chiefs get an offer they like.

The Bills need to explore a trade for Waters on a very serious level. They also need to get the Scheffler deal done too.

Whitner is a good player on a not so good team....simple as that ....is he great? of course not does he have potential to be a pro bowler based on what we have seen? Let me ask you this way, if you had a choice between Roy Williams and whitner, who would you take? Thank you.....and by the way, the Lions drafted a SS right after whitner that year...what was his name? How is he doing?

JP was a terrible pick...no defending that one....and I guess the league thinks so as well.....he is still out there....he may be at on Bills sideline for one game next year.....and that game is when the bills play in Toronto and JP decided to visit because he will already be up there playing BACKUP for the toronto cfl team