Lynch won't be suspended in my view

Seriously, do you expect the commissioner is going to suspend Lynch for the season opener on MNF against freaking NE no less?? The odds are already stacked high, could the NFL be even crueler and take Lynch away from us? I don't think they'll do it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, do you expect the commissioner is going to suspend Lynch for the season opener on MNF against freaking NE no less?? The odds are already stacked high, could the NFL be even crueler and take Lynch away from us? I don't think they'll do it.

Quite the contrary...the league played out the "Bills play the Pats after their bye every year" card into the ground so they had to improvise.

I will eat both of your dog poo stained shoes if he does not get suspended.

Actually, I am not 100% convinced he gets suspended either, but it has nothing to do with the game on Monday night.

I am just not so sure his incident is going to be enough to garner a suspension given he wasn't doing anything at the time of his arrest. I am not saying he wont get suspended, I am just dont think its a certainty.

I hoping for a one, or two game suspension, with possible time off for good behavior. Two at the most, possibility of one, and a real outside shot at none. There is also, I suppose, a real outside shot at more than two.

Your view couldn't be more off. I think there might be about a 1 in 600 chances that Lynch doesn't get suspended. It is a given really. What better avenue for the Commish to get his word out than, "Look at this team on Monday night, without it's star RB-There are no exceptions."

Your view couldn't be more off. I think there might be about a 1 in 600 chances that Lynch doesn't get suspended. It is a given really. What better avenue for the Commish to get his word out than, "Look at this team on Monday night, without it's star RB-There are no exceptions."

Yep look at it objectively. What would it say about the league conduct policy if he did not get suspended?

Dude was in a car with 2 other guys with blunts, gun and bullets. Following a hit run incident last year.

The only thing good about that is no one got hurt. By the grace of God.

The combination of intoxicants and cars or guns is the image that the NFL wants to stop dead in it's tracks. Expecially on the heels of the Burris incident.

Lynch will miss the first 2-4 games, count on it. The NFL & MNF only chose Bills - Pats because of the T.O. show vs. Brady's first game back drama. They couldn't care less who the other 21 Bills are that line up against the Pats on that first Monday night of the regular season. If history holds true, it will take a 180 yard receiving game with 3 TD's for T.O., for the Bills to have any chance of starting their second consecutive season 1-0.

Actually, I am not 100% convinced he gets suspended either, but it has nothing to do with the game on Monday night.

I am just not so sure his incident is going to be enough to garner a suspension given he wasn't doing anything at the time of his arrest. I am not saying he wont get suspended, I am just dont think its a certainty.

"He wasn't doing anything at the time of his arrest"? You think they got the wrong "Marshawn Lynch"?

I hoping for a one, or two game suspension, with possible time off for good behavior. Two at the most, possibility of one, and a real outside shot at none. There is also, I suppose, a real outside shot at more than two.

Well.. That clears it up. :rolleyes:

:(

Second run in with the Law...this time a loaded gun in the trunk. Not registered either. Everyone is in dreamland if they dont think he gets suspended. And it will be a 2 game minimum at least.

No chance he gets out of this without a suspension. Second run in in one year, he has to be disciplined. I agree that by itself it is fairly minor, but the fact its his second, he's up chit creek.

Hope Jackson can carry the load that first game, the running game should definelty open up with Owens and Evans on the field.

The one positive I see in this game, like Chris Brown said yesterday, the Pats have no film to gameplan around. I hope the Bills put it all on the line...if we could beat the Pats on Monday night, that would be nice!!!

No chance he gets out of this without a suspension. Second run in in one year, he has to be disciplined. I agree that by itself it is fairly minor, but the fact its his second, he's up chit creek.

Hope Jackson can carry the load that first game, the running game should definelty open up with Owens and Evans on the field.

The one positive I see in this game, like Chris Brown said yesterday, the Pats have no film to gameplan around. I hope the Bills put it all on the line...if we could beat the Pats on Monday night, that would be nice!!!

I think it will still be the same offense...but hopefully better execution!

Since Lynch received 3 years of probation for this latest incident, I wouldn't be surprised if the commissioner does not suspend him. However, he will say that if there are any other incidents while Lynch is on probation, it will be an automatic 6mo./1yr. minimum suspension. That would keep him from having to make the decision now, it would set a clear and simple guideline for Lynch, and it makes it really simple to hand out the suspension later when Lynch screws up.

I think it will still be the same offense...but hopefully better execution!

I hope to see them change things up a bit, especially if we can get a receiving TE in the draft. I would like them to open up the pass a bit more, especially with Owens on the field. Ive had enough of the conservative crap.

The law did its job and Lynch is on probation for 3 years like gregmo said!! That's a long time in my view. Brandon Marshall got one stinking game after several run ins with the law just last year.

after an appeal. I'm hoping no more than 2 with a reduction to 1.