Toronto trying to get more games from Buffalo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this just validates the fact that this 5 year deal is a gradual progression to move the team to Toronto.

The time to fight this is now, anyone with clout who wants the Bills to stay.

Write your elected officials. Let them know how you feel.

To paraphrase Mr Weo what can elected officials do (besides fill their pockets with lobbyist money). Is a reverse deportation possible?

Rather ship the posters to Canada.

If toxic waste transport covered by free trade agreement?

Done using ALL CAPS, posting or going? :rolleyes:

glen, a lot of us feel we just got the lube wiped off our a$$ from the FIRST game being moved up there and now they're coming in for more?

i've had enough. if it happens we're a laughingstock. sayonara ralph and go to hell.

glen, a lot of us feel we just got the lube wiped off our a$$ from the FIRST game being moved up there and now they're coming in for more?

i've had enough. if it happens we're a laughingstock. sayonara ralph and go to hell.

I understand the outrage, but seriously, it was a survey. It was probably primarily for price and packages and stuff (Jack and Lori can help fill that in), and they also decided to take the temperature on more games. I don't blame Rogers for asking the questions.

I do blame them if they decided to do it without notifying the Bills and the NFL (their business partners) as this was sure to get public, and cause a ruckus. The Bills and NFL may have asked them not to do it, or had a prepared statement that addressed the issue, that would have explained what it was about.

Understand I am not suggesting it won't, or can't, happen. I'm just clarifying that it isn't simply up to Ralph.

And, if I'm Goodell. I'm none too happy about the research stunt they just pulled.

you mean the stunt orchestrated by that marketing genius Russ Brandon??

yeah - he had nothing to do with it

he just jacked up interest in games in Buffalo and Toronto with very minimal cost outlay.

you mean the stunt orchestrated by that marketing genius Russ Brandon??

yeah - he had nothing to do with it

he just jacked up interest in games in Buffalo and Toronto with very minimal cost outlay.

So, if I have this straight, Brandon is a total incompetent douche who can do nothing right, unless you can blame him for something. Then, he is, all of a sudden, a super competent purveyor of an intricate and carefully planned move that upsets the fans...but ends up being a brilliant move for publicity.

Do I have that right?

So, if I have this straight, Brandon is a total incompetent douche who can do nothing right, unless you can blame him for something. Then, he is, all of a sudden, a super competent purveyor of an intricate and carefully planned move that upsets the fans...but ends up being a brilliant move for publicity.

Do I have that right?

no -

let me simplify it for you.

Brandon is a marketing genius.

always has been

The Toronto games are brilliant because they put huge money in Ralph's pocket with no risk to the season ticket base

however, he doesn't know diddly about the on-field product and how to build a contender.

If you don;t think he was heavily involved in this "survey", they you are just being very naive.

no -

let me simplify it for you.

Brandon is a marketing genius.

always has been

The Toronto games are brilliant because they put huge money in Ralph's pocket with no risk to the season ticket base

however, he doesn't know diddly about the on-field product and how to build a contender.

If you don;t think he was heavily involved in this "survey", they you are just being very naive.

Got it. Diabolical marketing genius, pulling all the strings...concocting surveys for Rogers'...leaking the possibility of more games in Toronto to anger the US Bills' fans. I bet Rogers didn't even know what he was doing.

Do you think, maybe, he left Ralph and others in the Bills organization out of the loop, too...just so their reactions would appear more sincere...because they WOULD be?

I wonder, do you think he did it from a wheelchair? Maybe with a cat on his lap? Do you think he wears a monocle when he does this (Brandon, not the cat)? A cat wearing monocle? That's just crazy. (My name is Brian Fellow.)

I'm naive...right.

Guest dog14787
Got it. Diabolical marketing genius, pulling all the strings...concocting surveys for Rogers'...leaking the possibility of more games in Toronto to anger the US Bills' fans. I bet Rogers didn't even know what he was doing.

Do you think, maybe, he left Ralph and others in the Bills organization out of the loop, too...just so their reactions would appear more sincere...because they WOULD be?

I wonder, do you think he did it from a wheelchair? Maybe with a cat on his lap? Do you think he wears a monocle when he does this (Brandon, not the cat)? A cat wearing monocle? That's just crazy. (My name is Brian Fellow.)

I'm naive...right.

and Brandon's Diabolical plans may go unchecked now that Jack Bower's been contaminated and Tony's toast :rolleyes:

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=1419844

"We have done a lot of customer research after the December 7th [2008 Bills game in Toronto], with an eye to making the Bills' Toronto Series better," said Adrian Montgomery, a Rogers executive and the general manager of the series. "This is the third iteration of that research, which we sent to the general public and some of the folks that already purchased tickets in 2008, and asked them a number of questions. And one of the questions was a hypothetical question about additional games being played here. That's just what it is: a hypothetical question."...

..."What are the fans thinking? I don't know," Montgomery said, with a laugh. "The timeline was, we sent the questionnaire out Friday night. So, about 12 minutes later it was on ESPN.com. And I don't have any answers yet."

Outstanding! :rolleyes:

Go re-read that quote from the survey, and tell me how "hypothetical" it sounds. But yeah, the "12 minutes later" is amusing, considering it actually COULD have been on ESPN earlier than it was, if the Bills hadn't waited to reply.

And Rock, meet my newest fan. He didn't like it too much when I laughed at him for suggesting the NFL would expand to Calgary and Edmonton. After that, I was just havin' a little fun. :rolleyes:

Lori can either back me up or disagree, and I wish I kept screen captures of the survey, but as the questions went on, they got more and more about having more games in Toronto, not just the additional ones they were 'considering' for 2010-2012. It seemed Rogers was pushing for an opinion on how we would feel if either the Bills or other teams to continue having games in Toronto after the agreement runs out.