Toronto trying to get more games from Buffalo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the powers that be are nearly orgasmic about transferring more home games to Toronto.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/617198.html

Erie County Executive Chris Collins wouldn’t be opposed to letting the Bills play more games in Toronto.

“I’m supportive of anything we need to do to keep the Bills in Western New York,” Collins said Monday, endorsing the team’s strategy to strengthen its appeal in southern Ontario.

“The key to keeping the Bills in Western New York is making the team more valuable for whomever the owner ends up being,” he said.

Bills Chief Operating Officer Russ Brandon, at the NFL owners meetings in Dana Point, Calif., said Monday that he would prefer to let the team’s official statement released Sunday speak for itself.

Privately, though, the Bills have said they were ecstatic about their business partnership with Rogers, about the sponsorship and ticket-selling opportunities in southern Ontario — and about the team’s profits under the deal.

Looks like the powers that be are nearly orgasmic about transferring more home games to Toronto.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/617198.html

I admit, i was surprised by EC Exec, Collins, remarks. I expected a reaction similar to Senator Schumer's:

And, to clarify the quote you posted (good job, btw), the Bills public statement does not support the extra games, and (if you read carefully) the attribution of the Bills privately being "ecstatic", it was not said to be in relation to this matter, but "about their business partnership with Rogers, about the sponsorship and ticket-selling opportunities in southern Ontario — and about the team’s profits under the deal". Of course they are ecstatic about the cash flow, so far. I think that's a misleadingly written piece.

Why don`t they try to get a Dolphin game instead? Most of the fans there were cheering for them anyway. Grown men holding hands with sweaters tied around their waist need to watch ....... a forget it. Next they will be wanting to change their name to the Rainbows. :nana:

Why Giants or Jets? Neither of those teams play in NY. Cleveland & Pittsburg are much closer to Buffalo both in distance & Style than NJ.

Fair Point, thought about that after I posted, hmmm. Cleveland, Burgh fans are too know it all. Check out some of their hockey threads. They revere Cindy!, when Malkin is their best player.