Who has better receivers, overall, Bills or Pats?

Who has better receivers, Bills or Patsies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Just for this year, which group would you rather have?

• Patriots: Moss, Welker, Galloway, Greg Lewis, Sam Aiken, Matthew Slater
    • Bills: Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Justin Jenkins

It's a tough choice in my opinion.

I think the Bills have more options and potential to be significantly better.

I think Moss and Owens are probably a wash, and Evans is a better player and WR than Welker, but the combination of Moss and Welker because of what they do is probably equal to or maybe even better than Owens and Evans, although our tandem has the potential to explode.

I like our 3-6 better overall, and still think that Reed and Parrish and Hardy and Johnson if used correctly could be very valuable with the defenses having to concentrate on Lee and TO.

Of course, none of this matters without quarterbacking and line play and the running game and tight ends and play-calling and coaching. But it may be an interesting discussion.

I like our guys a tad better overall. Just for this year. If we lose TO, of course, it's the Pats.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss>>>TO

Welker=Evans (based on how they use him, and his value to the team)

Reed>>>whoever wins third wideout

Bills bench>>>>Pats bench

We also beat them at running back and secondary.

Everywhere else, well.......

Can you clarify that? Evans and Welker couldn't be used more disparately.

GO BILLS!!!

Can you clarify that? Evans and Welker couldn't be used more disparately.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't want to speak for him but I think he means that Welker is as valuable to his team the way they use him as Evans is to the Bills, even though the Bills use Evans completely differently. And it's probably true, and similar to what I said above. Welker is as valuable to the Pats as Moss is. If you take away Moss, of course he's not going to be as good, but the way they use him helps the team as much as the better player.

I don't want to speak for him but I think he means that Welker is as valuable to his team the way they use him as Evans is to the Bills, even though the Bills use Evans completely differently. And it's probably true, and similar to what I said above. Welker is as valuable to the Pats as Moss is. If you take away Moss, of course he's not going to be as good, but the way they use him helps the team as much as the better player.

That makes sense.

I'd ad that taking Welker out of a spread offense would hurt his production even more than losing Moss. It would hurt his production as much as putting Evans IN a spread offense would help his.

Of course, we can save the discussion of getting comparable QB and OL play for another time.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, this is how I meant it. I was going to compare Welker and Reed but I can't really see us using anyone like the Pats use Welker. So I went with similar value to their respective teams.

Consider the positions:

Moss >> Evans

Welker = Owens

Galloway < Reed

Aiken/Lewis < Parrish/Johnson

Looks dead even to me, until you figure in the X factors:

Brady >>>>>>>>>>>> Edwards

Pats coaching staff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bills Coaching Staff.

B-)

TO>Moss

Evans<Welker

Reed>Galloway?

Hardy/Parrish/Johnson>better than N.E pack

Difference will be Moss will get more deep ball chances with better O-line, Welker exploits the middle of the field and Evans is one-dimensional, Reed will do a poor-man's Welker, but the upside of Johnson really intrigues me. Having him as a #4 is scary awesome to have as a problem. Throw in Hardy's development and we dominate their WR corps.

Still, our O-line doesn't get their blatant holding call leniency, and our QB looked shaken after the Cards game, with the exception of 2 games after the fact.

Guest dog14787

I think Moss and Owens are probably a wash, and Evans is a better player and WR than Welker, but the combination of Moss and Welker because of what they do is probably equal to or maybe even better than Owens and Evans, although our tandem has the potential to explode.

I like our 3-6 better overall, and still think that Reed and Parrish and Hardy and Johnson if used correctly could be very valuable with the defenses having to concentrate on Lee and TO.

Of course, none of this matters without quarterbacking and line play and the running game and tight ends and play-calling and coaching. But it may be an interesting discussion.

I like our guys a tad better overall. Just for this year. If we lose TO, of course, it's the Pats.

You said it, until proven differently,Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat could take his WR's and beat us and he could take our WR's and beat us,

but with TE we've got "High hopes, we've got high hopes, we've got high apple pie in the sky hopes" B-)

Moss>>>TO

Welker=Evans (based on how they use him, and his value to the team)

Reed>>>whoever wins third wideout

Bills bench>>>>Pats bench

We also beat them at running back and secondary.

Everywhere else, well.......

everything else... which is the reason why the patriots dominate us. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and like you have already stated the Bills have the edge at WR, RB and DB's none of which are truly where the game is won and lost.

You said it, until proven differently,Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat could take his WR's and beat us and he could take our WR's and beat us,

but with TE we've got "High hopes, we've got high hopes, we've got high apple pie in the sky hopes" B-)

Its unbillevable how bias we are of our players. We have to look at this with an unbiased EYE!

I have read some that thinks Evans is better than welker based on how welekr is bing used. THe facts are simple Wes Welker 2007 was a 3rd receiver 112 receptions, a 2nd reciever in 2008 111 catches bothe season over 1000 yards. As I ahve mentioned many times before in previous post LEE is nothing more than a DEEP threat receiver. Do i care so much about how many yards they get a season NO what does the receiver do to help us move the chains. Wes Welker moves the chains and is tough to bring down and hes smaller than Lee evans.

Moss = Owens both catch longballs, both whiney, both catch tds, Both have to be double teamed, owens is a better blocker, Moss is better of the line makes them both equal in my eyes

Welker>Evans sorrry ill take over a 100 recetpions and a 1000+ yards compare to uner 67 passes 1000+ yards the succesful key to any offense is to get first downs and welker is the man to do it.

Galloway= Reed If galloway is healthy and playing like old he would get the advantage so his injuries equal him out but as a number 3 it might have the edge but then again reed in the slot and edwards favorite looks like it equals out,

Lewis> Parrish Parrish is only good a returning kicks not being a receiver sorry!!!

Aiken < Johnson Johnson is better than aiken lewis and parrish in my opininon but hes fighting for 4th on a depth chart that the 4 mil dollar man will probably have him 5th.

Again I would take WELKER in a heart beat over our OVERPAID DEEP THREAT ONLY receiver that doesnt fit our offensive scheme.

At least the pats had the brains to go after thsi guy when we should have gotten him and traded off Parrish!!!

"The Bills have the edge at WR"? You can't mean last year. And this year--who knows?

Reed as a #2 had only 56 catches. He'll have less next year. Gaffney as a #3 had 38---and that was with Cassel throwing the ball. With Brady, they had 4 WRs (and 2 others) with at least 35 catches in '07. Brady's back--you guys know this, right?

Roscoe Parrish? Johnson's 10 catches? "Throw in Hardy's development and we dominate their WR corps"? Can "Hardy's development" run a pattern and catch passes?

I'm looking forward to having a big passing game this year, but do we really have to speculate that we are better than the Pats at WR--right now, in March?

Its unbillevable how bias we are of our players. We have to look at this with an unbiased EYE!

I have read some that thinks Evans is better than welker based on how welekr is bing used. THe facts are simple Wes Welker 2007 was a 3rd receiver 112 receptions, a 2nd reciever in 2008 111 catches bothe season over 1000 yards. As I ahve mentioned many times before in previous post LEE is nothing more than a DEEP threat receiver. Do i care so much about how many yards they get a season NO what does the receiver do to help us move the chains. Wes Welker moves the chains and is tough to bring down and hes smaller than Lee evans.

Moss = Owens both catch longballs, both whiney, both catch tds, Both have to be double teamed, owens is a better blocker, Moss is better of the line makes them both equal in my eyes

Welker>Evans sorrry ill take over a 100 recetpions and a 1000+ yards compare to uner 67 passes 1000+ yards the succesful key to any offense is to get first downs and welker is the man to do it.

Galloway= Reed If galloway is healthy and playing like old he would get the advantage so his injuries equal him out but as a number 3 it might have the edge but then again reed in the slot and edwards favorite looks like it equals out,

Lewis> Parrish Parrish is only good a returning kicks not being a receiver sorry!!!

Aiken < Johnson Johnson is better than aiken lewis and parrish in my opininon but hes fighting for 4th on a depth chart that the 4 mil dollar man will probably have him 5th.

Again I would take WELKER in a heart beat over our OVERPAID DEEP THREAT ONLY receiver that doesnt fit our offensive scheme.

At least the pats had the brains to go after thsi guy when we should have gotten him and traded off Parrish!!!

I think that you are mistaken on Evans, Welker comparisons aside, Evans is a stud in his own right, and while

I will grant you that his main threat is the deep ball, that hasn't been the only part of his game over the last

couple of seasons, he has shown that he can operate underneath some, just get him the ball and watch it happen.

I think that you will see him become even more versatile this upcoming season with another deep threat on

the opposite side, he can adjust, and the best part, is that he is willing to, as I think that he is one of the most selfess

players on the team, and will do what ever is asked of him. He will develop in to one of our best leaders as well.Will he ever be a Laverneus Coles, no, but we didn't draft him for that, and you don't ever want to take that deep threat away

completly.

"The Bills have the edge at WR"? You can't mean last year. And this year--who knows?

Reed as a #2 had only 56 catches. He'll have less next year. Gaffney as a #3 had 38---and that was with Cassel throwing the ball. With Brady, they had 4 WRs (and 2 others) with at least 35 catches in '07. Brady's back--you guys know this, right?

Roscoe Parrish? Johnson's 10 catches? "Throw in Hardy's development and we dominate their WR corps"? Can "Hardy's development" run a pattern and catch passes?

I'm looking forward to having a big passing game this year, but do we really have to speculate that we are better than the Pats at WR--right now, in March?

No, we have to sit on our hands and not discuss the rosters or the potential until the second week of September. B-)

Of course I wasn't talking about last year, we didn't have TO and they didnt have Galloway or Lewis.

I bet if you asked 32 GMs who would they rather have on their team, Lee Evans or Wes Welker, they would think about it, because Welker is very good, and then 30 of the 32 would take Evans.

I suppose if you swapped Evans for Welker last year and Evans played on the Patriots and Welker played on the Bills they would have the same stats they did last year?

I agree with the ulk of this. As I said, in a different thread, the Bills WRs would look FAR better on the Pats*. Also, I would bet that, in a competent offensive system (like NE* has) Parrish would be a star, in this league. They would find a way to use his talent, in situations of course, and it would be devastating, I think.

this is a good poll

overall I think the Patroits just because Tom Brady can and does get better production out of his WRs better than Edwards does at this point.

TO , Moss same

Welker vs Evans

Evans is just a deep threat while Welker keeps the chains moving on the regular.

Galloway vs Reed

that gives the Pats a very dangerous #3 and Brady will know when to get the Ball to him

The Bills may have a slight edge in talent but its all about Tom Brady

this is a good poll

overall I think the Patroits just because Tom Brady can and does get better production out of his WRs better than Edwards does at this point.

TO , Moss same

Welker vs Evans

Evans is just a deep threat while Welker keeps the chains moving on the regular.

Galloway vs Reed

that gives the Pats a very dangerous #3 and Brady will know when to get the Ball to him

The Bills may have a slight edge in talent but its all about Tom Brady

That's why I was trying to take a look at ONLY the receivers corp alone, instead of looking at the overall offense and coaching.

Hell, if Brady was on the Bills and Edwards was on the Patriots, they would probably be pretty close. Brady would still be better and probably look better, but his stats probably wouldn't. Edwards would very likely put up Matt Cassell stats.