Who has better receivers, overall, Bills or Pats?

Who has better receivers, Bills or Patsies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Just for this year, which group would you rather have?

• Patriots: Moss, Welker, Galloway, Greg Lewis, Sam Aiken, Matthew Slater
    • Bills: Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Justin Jenkins

Guest dog14787
Its unbillevable how bias we are of our players. We have to look at this with an unbiased EYE!

I have read some that thinks Evans is better than welker based on how welekr is bing used. THe facts are simple Wes Welker 2007 was a 3rd receiver 112 receptions, a 2nd reciever in 2008 111 catches bothe season over 1000 yards. As I ahve mentioned many times before in previous post LEE is nothing more than a DEEP threat receiver. Do i care so much about how many yards they get a season NO what does the receiver do to help us move the chains. Wes Welker moves the chains and is tough to bring down and hes smaller than Lee evans.

Moss = Owens both catch longballs, both whiney, both catch tds, Both have to be double teamed, owens is a better blocker, Moss is better of the line makes them both equal in my eyes

Welker>Evans sorrry ill take over a 100 recetpions and a 1000+ yards compare to uner 67 passes 1000+ yards the succesful key to any offense is to get first downs and welker is the man to do it.

Galloway= Reed If galloway is healthy and playing like old he would get the advantage so his injuries equal him out but as a number 3 it might have the edge but then again reed in the slot and edwards favorite looks like it equals out,

Lewis> Parrish Parrish is only good a returning kicks not being a receiver sorry!!!

Aiken < Johnson Johnson is better than aiken lewis and parrish in my opininon but hes fighting for 4th on a depth chart that the 4 mil dollar man will probably have him 5th.

Again I would take WELKER in a heart beat over our OVERPAID DEEP THREAT ONLY receiver that doesnt fit our offensive scheme.

At least the pats had the brains to go after thsi guy when we should have gotten him and traded off Parrish!!!

Hard to get a clear cut picture when you have Tom Brady who is arguably the best QB that's ever played the game delivering the ball, makes things a little one sided. If Lee Evans played with Tom Brady, I believe Evan's stats would bare very little similarity to the stats he has now. Brady delivers one of the most accurate balls of any QB playing and not only that, Brady see's the field so well and thinks so fast he rarely puts his WR's in a position to get nailed.

I hate to sit here and brag about the guy when he has made our lives as Bills fans miserable, but hey, You have to give credit where credit is due, Tom Brady is one bad hombre B-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough choice in my opinion.....

I like our guys a tad better overall. Just for this year. If we lose TO, of course, it's the Pats.

This is akin to liking a slightly better engine in an otherwise crappier car. But honestly, until the Bills offense and Edwards makes real use of the receivers on the team, it's a hypothetical question. At this point, Brady/NE Receivers VS Edwards/Bills Receivers isn't even comparable.

That may change this season, and I hope it does, but until then NE rules that particular roost.

Wide reciever is the one position the field that is tide to so many other variables. Just look at Detriot. For years they were picking the best wide out in the draft, but neglected the Oline and QB. A great Oline and a great QB will make any three wideouts look very good. Heck N.E won all three of their superbowls with average to good wide outs. But they had a great Oline and a great QB. And many those years were using average RBs.

That's why I was trying to take a look at ONLY the receivers corp alone, instead of looking at the overall offense and coaching.

Hell, if Brady was on the Bills and Edwards was on the Patriots, they would probably be pretty close. Brady would still be better and probably look better, but his stats probably wouldn't. Edwards would very likely put up Matt Cassell stats.

If Galloway is healthy - a big if - he's a significant upgrade for them and better than the Bills third receiver by far.

Also, why isn't Ben Watson in this discussion?

This is akin to liking a slightly better engine in an otherwise crappier car. But honestly, until the Bills offense and Edwards makes real use of the receivers on the team, it's a hypothetical question. At this point, Brady/NE Receivers VS Edwards/Bills Receivers isn't even comparable.

That may change this season, and I hope it does, but until then NE rules that particular roost.

Of course. I am having trouble figuring out why people can't just let that go in their hypothetical though. We know the Pats have Brady and the coaching. But the poll and the thread is taking them out of the equation. And seeing which group do posters think is better.

Maybe I should have said, Belichick just called Russ Brandon and offered "Moss, Welker, Galloway, Lewis, Aiken and Slater for Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Hardy and Jenkins." Would you pull the trigger on it?

And for all you smart alecks, Moss has one year left after this, and Welker has two, and he will be asking for an enormous raise after this season, as he only makes a little over 2 mil.

If Galloway is healthy - a big if - he's a significant upgrade for them and better than the Bills third receiver by far.

I don't think so, really. Reed does the things that need to be done, in an offense. Galloway does not. I'll take Reed, who is almost 10 years younger than Joey, is willing to block, and has some of the best hands in the game.

When I look at the WRs on both teams Kelly......... and I go by top 3... they effect the game the most

Pats Moss ,Welker, Galloway

Bills......TO, Evans, Reed or even Parish or Johnson

Pats win because of experience

Still a tough poll to answer because we are guessing what kind of stats TO and Galloway are going to put up this year

Because we're talking wide receivers? B-) If you added him you would have to add running backs... oh, and linemen/pass protection... oh, and coaching... and play calling... and defense...

I wouldn't consider Galloway so important to them simply because they throw to Welker so much and Moss whines if he doesn't get the ball as much as TO does and there simply isn't enough passes to get to him. He's pretty good but I really don't know if he makes a significant upgrade. And he may not be healthy. No one seemed to be making a serious push for him.

I don't think so, really. Reed does the things that need to be done, in an offense. Galloway does not. I'll take Reed, who is almost 10 years younger than Joey, is willing to block, and has some of the best hands in the game.

B-)

You're funny.

You were being funny, right?

B-)

You're funny.

You were being funny, right?

Take a look at what happened to the Bills offense when Reed was out, last year. Watch what he does, play-in and play-out.

Then, you can tell me if I was being funny,

Take a look at what happened to the Bills offense when Reed was out, last year. Watch what he does, play-in and play-out.

I'll back you, on this one Dean. Josh Reed is alot more versatile and complete than Galloway. Galloway had a nice career and was a number 1 WR at different points of his time in the NFL but he might not make the roster at this point.

Of course. I am having trouble figuring out why people can't just let that go in their hypothetical though. We know the Pats have Brady and the coaching. But the poll and the thread is taking them out of the equation. And seeing which group do posters think is better.

Maybe I should have said, Belichick just called Russ Brandon and offered "Moss, Welker, Galloway, Lewis, Aiken and Slater for Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Hardy and Jenkins." Would you pull the trigger on it?

And for all you smart alecks, Moss has one year left after this, and Welker has two, and he will be asking for an enormous raise after this season, as he only makes a little over 2 mil.

I think we're all tired of hypothetical. I mean, hypothetically, the Bills should have done a bazillion things and hypothetically they shouldn't have had a 3rd consecutive 7-9 and hypothetically after starting 5-1 they should have at least made a friggin run at the playoffs and hypothetically............

At this point, we're all in such a major fricking snit that it's either make the goddam playoffs or innocent pets, kitchen appliances and HDTV's will be in serious trouble.

I'd take Welker for sure. Even trade for Reed, Johnson and Jenkins - straight up. He is the ultimate check down guy when the deep ball isn't there. The rest, I dunno for reasons previously stated. Moss is getting a little long in the tooth, Galloway's teeth are even longer and the Bills let Aiken go to FA.

I'd clearly take Reed over Galloway at this point in their careers, but you're higher on Reed than I am.

Moss>>>TO

This is completely false. TO has outperformed Moss in EVERY receiving statistic over the past 3 years:

Total Yards, receptions, Yards per reception, TDs, YAC, 1st downs...

Here is the comparison from another thread I started with TO vs Moss numbers with Evans tossed in for comparison

Total Yards:

Owens 3459

Evans 3158

Moss 3053

Receptions:

Owens 235

Moss 209

Evans 200

Touchdowns:

Owens 38---the ONLY player in the NFL to have 3 double digit TD seasons in a row the past 3 years

Moss 37--he had 23!!! in one year!!

Evans 16

Yards per Reception:

Evans 15.7

Owens 15.2

Moss 14.5

Yards After Catch:

Owens 4.4

Evans 4.1

Moss 3.7

1st Down Catches:

Owens 169

Moss 146

Evans 137

TO >>>>> Moss and its not close, IMHO. The stats don't lie...especially not when they are this one-sided

Consider the positions:

Welker = Owens

This has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on these boards...

comparing a Hall of Fame WR in Owens to a guy that runs underneath routes who became good once teams had to worry about stopping someone else...

I mean really? This is what it has come to? Saying receivers like Welker are equivalent to receivers like Owens? Find me 1 NFL player or ex-player that thinks Welker is even in the same discussion as TO...I'll guarantee you can't because its not even worthy of a discussion... The guy catches a buncha balls underneath coverage....wow, big deal. He has a ridiculously low yards per reception, ranked 197th!!! in the NFL, directly BEHIND ex-Bill Robert Royal...basically without Moss in their lineup, Welker would have limited effectiveness. He didn't even crack 1200 yard receiving with well over 100 receptions...what a freaking joke.

But ya, your right, some guy that gets the same amount of yardage as Robert Royal on average is as good as Owens... :worthy::thumbsup:

A complete insult and a complete lack of football knowledge IMHO...

This is completely false. TO has outperformed Moss in EVERY receiving statistic over the past 3 years:

Total Yards, receptions, Yards per reception, TDs, YAC, 1st downs...

Here is the comparison from another thread I started with TO vs Moss numbers with Evans tossed in for comparison

Total Yards:

Owens 3459

Evans 3158

Moss 3053

Receptions:

Owens 235

Moss 209

Evans 200

Touchdowns:

Owens 38---the ONLY player in the NFL to have 3 double digit TD seasons in a row the past 3 years

Moss 37--he had 23!!! in one year!!

Evans 16

Yards per Reception:

Evans 15.7

Owens 15.2

Moss 14.5

Yards After Catch:

Owens 4.4

Evans 4.1

Moss 3.7

1st Down Catches:

Owens 169

Moss 146

Evans 137

TO >>>>> Moss and its not close, IMHO. The stats don't lie...especially not when they are this one-sided

They may seem one sided, when you select the stats to fit your argument. You can't really compare 2006 when Moss had two awful QBs throwing the ball in Oakland (just over 50% completions and 6 TDs between the two of them).

You also can't assume TOs numbers will be like they were with Romo throwing, now that Trent is his QB. You CAN, however, assume that Moss's numbers will be better than last year, now that Brady's back.

They may seem one sided, when you select the stats to fit your argument. You can't really compare 2006 when Moss had two awful QBs throwing the ball in Oakland...

:blink::censored: ...and two of the Bills receivers, for all three years had... :blink: :blink: