Stallworth was slightly over the legal limit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story I read, although I don't know if it was true, said he had several shots of patron and a few drinks the night before. he said he stopped at midnight or so. I would imagine that if he said he stopped drinking then, it may have been a lot later. He was picked up at 7 am like you said. That all makes sense to me. He drank a lot, was wasted, stopped sometime early in the morning (maybe 2 or 3 am?) and then drove at 7 am thinking he was okay. It still would likely register slightly over the limit if it were well over the limit a few hours earlier. That all makes sense to me and probably what happened. He was probably praying more of it had wore off by 7 am the last few days while waiting for the results.

So Stallworth talked immediately after the "terrible accident"...and lied. :blink:

I was hoping he was telling the truth and that the alcohol was out of his system by then. Because in either case, the victim is still dead and nothing can be done to bring him back. But now Stallworth's life is ruined as well.

I would estimate Dante's weight to be around 220 lb, for a 220 lb man to be over the limit

at .09, he would need to consume 5 drinks in rapid fire fashion(1/2 hour to 45 min.), to be

at .12, it would take 7 drinks. You subtract .01 for each forty minutes of drinking. If he stopped

at Midnight, there were (10.5) 40 minute periods between Midnight and 7:00 a.m., so that would

mean that his BAC at 7:00 should have been .015, well under the limit, if he wasn't really pounding them.

Conversly, his BAC at Midnight would have had to been .225, for it to be at .12 at 7:00 a.m., dam good thing

he didn't try to drive at Midnight. To be at .225, he would have had to either drank about 13 drinks in rapid fire

fashion between 11:15 and Midnight, or he drank about 30-40 over three or four hours. Whew, I'll say he

was celebrating.

ALso He PASSED the road side sobriety test. <-- I would be nervous as #$%k and fail miserably.

Actually, a lot of people don't understand... the trained law enforcement officer can easily determine impaired or nervous. The "eye test" is usually the one that shows the difference.

Of course, if you are dealing with jacknut LEO who has no clue as to what he is doing, all bets are off.

Look, I know it's a tragedy that someone died, but Dante is still very young and just made a mistake - how many of us have driven over the legal limit before? - so I don't think we need to ruin his life because of one unfortunate incident. He grew up in poverty without many positive role models, and then was handed a ton of money after turning pro and we act surprised something like this happens? Get him some help, maybe take a year off from the game to get some counseling, have him perform some civic duty and raise funds for the family of the victim, and move on. It's not like he intended to kill anyone, plus he's a talented player who has a lot to contribute to the game still.

You guys are simply bloodthirsty. In a couple years, after he's been rehabilitated, I say let him play. Hell, I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform if he can help the team on the field.

I would estimate Dante's weight to be around 220 lb, for a 220 lb man to be over the limit

at .09, he would need to consume 5 drinks in rapid fire fashion(1/2 hour to 45 min.), to be

at .12, it would take 7 drinks. You subtract .01 for each forty minutes of drinking. If he stopped

at Midnight, there were (10.5) 40 minute periods between Midnight and 7:00 a.m., so that would

mean that his BAC at 7:00 should have been .015, well under the limit, if he wasn't really pounding them.

Conversly, his BAC at Midnight would have had to been .225, for it to be at .12 at 7:00 a.m., dam good thing

he didn't try to drive at Midnight. To be at .225, he would have had to either drank about 13 drinks in rapid fire

fashion between 11:15 and Midnight, or he drank about 30-40 over three or four hours. Whew, I'll say he

was celebrating.

Dude, 30-40 drinks in a 3-4 hour period?????? Think about that for a second...40 1.5 ounce shot is 60 ounces, thats almost half a gallon of hard liquor, as in almost a liter. Forty beers, thats 480 ounces, or 3.75 gallons, and you hear of people drinking a gallon of water in an hour and dying due to a decreased salinety in your blood. .2 bac is 10 net drinks basically, and you lose one drink an hour (or as you say every hour and 20 minutes). That's 10 drinks in one hour, or 11 in 2, or 12 in 4, but never 30-40, unless you're talking like 2 beers an hour for while.

Look, I know it's a tragedy that someone died, but Dante is still very young and just made a mistake - how many of us have driven over the legal limit before? - so I don't think we need to ruin his life because of one unfortunate incident. He grew up in poverty without many positive role models, and then was handed a ton of money after turning pro and we act surprised something like this happens? Get him some help, maybe take a year off from the game to get some counseling, have him perform some civic duty and raise funds for the family of the victim, and move on. It's not like he intended to kill anyone, plus he's a talented player who has a lot to contribute to the game still.

You guys are simply bloodthirsty. In a couple years, after he's been rehabilitated, I say let him play. Hell, I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform if he can help the team on the field.

For real? he broke the law in it looks like two areas DWI and it looks like failure to obey a traffic device and someone is dead. Thats not a mistake its a crime and the consequences for these actions should be dire. Just because alot of people do this it doesnt change a crime to a mistake. I just pray to God that you're not a cop or a judge.

Man, your talking like we have some control over this situation or something, I agree with you that he s young, made

a mistake and all that, but they are going to throw the book at him, and there isn't much you, I , or anyone else can

do to stop it, it's in the hands of the law now and the courts, the only thing that might help, is if the guy was not in the

crosswalk, his laywers might be able to argue some contributory negligence to lessen the punishment, and even though

it's a cliche, the punishment that he gets from the mental anguish that he will face having to think about what he has

done, will far out weigh the punishement that he will recieve from, what I am sure, will be a lengthy sentence. Although

I am sure Bubba will not be far from his mind.

As far as playing for the Bills, WTF, no thanks!

So Stallworth talked immediately after the "terrible accident"...and lied. :blink:

I was hoping he was telling the truth and that the alcohol was out of his system by then. Because in either case, the victim is still dead and nothing can be done to bring him back. But now Stallworth's life is ruined as well.

He might well have been telling the truth about the time, but was lying about the amount he drank. :unsure:

I was just speculating about him lying about the time based on decades of time in bars and listening to guys and girls try to explain away how much they drank. It's my history that if at 7 am, hungover, a guy tells, say, his angry wife or girlfriend that he stopped drinking at midnight, he stopped at 2 or 3 am. And if he said he had 5-6 drinks he had 8-9.

For real? he broke the law in it looks like two areas DWI and it looks like failure to obey a traffic device and someone is dead. Thats not a mistake its a crime and the consequences for these actions should be dire. Just because alot of people do this it doesnt change a crime to a mistake. I just pray to God that you're not a cop or a judge.

Look, it's real easy to get preachy about mistakes when we've lucked out and didn't have a tragedy take place when we were stupid. Does that make us better, or simply luckier? Look, he has to have some repercussions, but let's let him have his day in court, find out what the whole story was, before we rush to judgment and ruin his life. Innocent until proven guilty is the 1st step, and if not, I hope he gets another chance to prove he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time to make a mistake. I'm sure he will have learned his lesson after going through such an ordeal.

Bad post.

Some here question the low limits of legally being drunk.

But you post seems to be an exoneration of all culpability, followed up by a personal selfishness.

Re-think what you wrote...

I feel bad for All people involved in this horrible accident. Driving under the influence is a fairly common infraction and I have made the mistake myself. With that being said we have laws in place for a reason. As an adult you should be aware of the consequences of your actions. Dante's past might have been troubling but this doesn't change the fact he is responsible for the death of an innocent man. I don't see your suggestion of taking a year off from playing football as a suitable punishment. Honestly, I just think your trying to stir the pot anyway.

Look, it's real easy to get preachy about mistakes when we've lucked out and didn't have a tragedy take place when we were stupid. Does that make us better, or simply luckier? Look, he has to have some repercussions, but let's let him have his day in court, find out what the whole story was, before we rush to judgment and ruin his life. Innocent until proven guilty is the 1st step, and if not, I hope he gets another chance to prove he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time to make a mistake. I'm sure he will have learned his lesson after going through such an ordeal.

I do agree with this and I have certainly made many mistakes in my life some of them I have faced harsh consequences for others I got lucky on, however I never killed anyone. I do agree we need the facts before we crucify this guy and I was basing my statement on the facts being presented in this story being true. I know people take traffic oriented crimes a little less harsh than premeditated crimes and I don't think Donte intended to hurt anyone but poor judgement on his part cost someone their life (assuming he was DWI and indeed hit this person). It is a very slippery slope not to prosecute someone because they didnt mean to do it or grew up underprivilaged. I do know this fact for sure alot of people underestimate that when you are driving a car you are in control of a potentially deadly weapon. I really think his poor judgement and irresponsible decision making had severe consequences and for that he must pay the piper. Like the old song says don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Dude, 30-40 drinks in a 3-4 hour period?????? Think about that for a second...40 1.5 ounce shot is 60 ounces, thats almost half a gallon of hard liquor, as in almost a liter. Forty beers, thats 480 ounces, or 3.75 gallons, and you hear of people drinking a gallon of water in an hour and dying due to a decreased salinety in your blood. .2 bac is 10 net drinks basically, and you lose one drink an hour (or as you say every hour and 20 minutes). That's 10 drinks in one hour, or 11 in 2, or 12 in 4, but never 30-40, unless you're talking like 2 beers an hour for while.

Wade Boggs reportedly drank 36 Beers on a flight home from the west coast on the team plane.

I stand by my math, to be at .12, 7 hours after your last drink, means he lied about when he stopped,

or he drank 30-40 drinks in a 3-4 hour period, probably more. It could have been 50 over a 5 hour period.

BTW, one drink is considered to be 1 oz. of 100 proof liquor, 12 oz. of beer, or 4 oz. of table wine.

We have to realize that to err is humane and to forgive divine. Look, we know he made a mistake, but we'll need to wait for a court to decide the extent. Thing is, we don't know if the victim didn't jump in front of his car in a suicide mission, or if he had fallen and Dante couldn't see him lying in the road, or if there were extenuating circumstances with the weather, or if he had swerved to avoid the guy but he couldn't because the roads were wet...a lot to consider. As of right now he remains innocent, and there's really nothing more to say.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141452

Not good. This is a report from a Florida TV station and neither the police nor Stallworth are commenting. This thing just got much worse. He's gonna get sued by the victim's kin and could face jail time (unsure on Florida laws here).

More than likely he was partying the night before, but his BAC had not yet returned to normal levels. If this report is accurate, he's screwed. Money doesn't matter, he WILL go to prison and likely about 2 years. I've seen a situation like this with a girl who was in my ASAP class 5 years ago. True she wasn't rich, but they said there was no way she could get out of jail time. He might not have to do as much jail time, but if you're intoxicated and kill some one you will pay a price.