Whatever happened to Pyrite Gal?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah whenever she has homework that she wants the board to do for her. Just another reason why lawyers have a bad rep

What do lawyers and NJ Sue have to do with each other? Sue can't possibly be a lawyer, can she?

What do lawyers and NJ Sue have to do with each other? Sue can't possibly be a lawyer, can she?

Maybe my memory is bad. I thought she was going thru law school, or so I remember.

I'm not wrong on the homework part though as many other posters complained

Maybe my memory is bad. I thought she was going thru law school, or so I remember.

I'm not wrong on the homework part though as many other posters complained

Oh, I got the homework part. And you might be right about Law School...but I was not aware of it, and the very thought of it makes my head hurt.

I don't think Pyrite had thin skin, or cared about the attacks from posters who are too stupid, or lazy, to read a post longer than two or three sentences.

My guess is he is taking a break (as I have had to in the past) to get away from some of the low-level bashing that goes on, around here.

Pyrite Gal is like the student who thinks the key to the best grade is the longest essay. He could have made his points more succinctly and more clearly.

Pyrite Gal is like the student who thinks the key to the best grade is the longest essay. He could have made his points more succinctly and more clearly.

While I disagree with the first part of your post, I agree with the bolded part.

He admits he doesn't take the time to compose and edit. Writing succinctly takes a lot of time, at least for me. If his wordy posts were void of substance, then they would be worthless. His have a point, and are well thought out, if not well edited.

I'll take a wordy post by PG, over 90% of the worthless trash that is posted on this board.

While I disagree with the first part of your post, I agree with the bolded part.

He admits he doesn't take the time to compose and edit. Writing succinctly takes a lot of time, at least for me. If his wordy posts were void of substance, then they would be worthless. His have a point, and are well thought out, if not well edited.

I'll take a wordy post by PG, over 90% of the worthless trash that is posted on this board.

Historical exhibit A: Lincoln's Gettysburgh Address

I don't care how the revisionists tried to down play it and make it look easy... He worked on the bugger hard and long and he wasn't even the main speaker... Edward Everett spoke for what? Over an hour?

He a most interesting poster. As with any posts one can choose to read or pass them by. I miss many of the older posters who do not post as much as they once did. Pyrite Girl, Barry Brady, ect, always polite, respectful , agreeing with him or not i appreciate him a great deal.

He a most interesting poster. As with any posts one can choose to read or pass them by. I miss many of the older posters who do not post as much as they once did. Pyrite Girl, Barry Brady, ect, always polite, respectful , agreeing with him or not i appreciate him a great deal.

I'm sure you know that Pyrite Gal and Barry Brady are different names for the same poster, but others may not.

yes i was going to site his various names over the years... but just listed these well known two. Perhaps like a few years back where he asked what should he change his name to for the upcoming season, maybe we could come to a consensus and politely prevail upon him to use this name or some variation of his choice. I think one name i recall him setting on was fatfakesunny. :thumbsup: . At any rate its nice to still see some familiar people posting. Perhaps a thread soliciting a new name for him again is in order. There again the plight of our team has left many dazed and confused.

I'm sure you know that Pyrite Gal and Barry Brady are different names for the same poster, but others may not.

yes i was going to site his various names over the years... but just listed these well known two. Perhaps like a few years back where he asked what should he change his name to for the upcoming season, maybe we could come to a consensus and politely prevail upon him to use this name or some variation of his choice. I think one name i recall him setting on was fatfakesunny. :thumbsup: . At any rate its nice to still see some familiar people posting. Perhaps a thread soliciting a new name for him again is in order. There again the plight of our team has left many dazed and confused.

Indeed

Historical exhibit A: Lincoln's Gettysburgh Address

I don't care how the revisionists tried to down play it and make it look easy... He worked on the bugger hard and long and he wasn't even the main speaker... Edward Everett spoke for what? Over an hour?

I think there was a book written fairly recently about the Gettysburg address. I had heard he pretty much wrote it on the train on the way to giving it, but don't know if that is true. It sure is hard to believe someone could come up with such a great speech in a first draft.

I think there was a book written fairly recently about the Gettysburg address. I had heard he pretty much wrote it on the train on the way to giving it, but don't know if that is true. It sure is hard to believe someone could come up with such a great speech in a first draft.

That is bunk... The myth was started by an envelope company. Funny how we as Americans had a knack at revising history, especially in the late 19th century. Actually, Abe took the train a day earlier into Gettysburg, PA from DC... I think only 80 or so miles... He made the right choice, he would have been late... He anticipated that there would be big crowds leaving DC that morning and there was. I forget where or what friend's house he stayed the night. Also, trains were very bumpy in those days.

Also:

Abe was actually miffed that he was only given 17 days notice of the event... Back than it was a real slight and considered short notice.