C- Antoine Caldwell

NY Nole

He was just on Sirius NFL radio with Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan (who in my opinion do a wonderful job with these interviews and really give you a better handle on who these NFL prospects are). Anyways -- I thought this kid seemed really sharp. He was a four-year starter for the Crimson Tide and can play all 3 interior positions. If anyone is familiar with Alabama football, I would love your thoughts on this kid. Seems like he could be a good pickup in the third round and help out our team as an eventual starter/solid G/C backup.

His vitals:

6'3 309, 23 Bench press reps and has run a sub 5.0 40 time.

He was just on Sirius NFL radio with Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan (who in my opinion do a wonderful job with these interviews and really give you a better handle on who these NFL prospects are). Anyways -- I thought this kid seemed really sharp. He was a four-year starter for the Crimson Tide and can play all 3 interior positions. If anyone is familiar with Alabama football, I would love your thoughts on this kid. Seems like he could be a good pickup in the third round and help out our team as an eventual starter/solid G/C backup.

His vitals:

If he can play all 3 interior spots he's somebody I bet the team is at least scouting.

The Bills would be wise to take him. But this would add depth to the line which we need without really plugging our hole at guard adequately. I say we draft him if we can get him at a good value but I expect to see a FA acquisition at this position (unless we pull off some kind of trade for an elite caliber guard) and thus I don't expect the Bills to make the pick unless they have secured a good pass rusher already, and probably a TE or another pass rusher as well. If we can manage to get him in the third round, I will be very happy though.

That's great. But he's a rookie and will be a detriment to the offensive line if we want to win this year.

His vitals:

He is very good player. Watched Bama play a few times and that Oline looked stout. Dont really know what happened in the Bowl Game. Buffalo has a history of looking down south here for lineman. Jennings, Williams, and Peters come to mind. This kid would be a great pick in third. Pair him with Duke Robinson in the second you would be set for years at two interior positions.

I certainly wouldn't want to bet my chips on the Bills with him as the starter, but that being said, I'd love to have him on the roster and wouldn't be surprised if he played at an exceptional level his rookie season - like if someone got injured.

:censored:

The Bills would be wise to take him. But this would add depth to the line which we need without really plugging our hole at guard adequately. I say we draft him if we can get him at a good value but I expect to see a FA acquisition at this position (unless we pull off some kind of trade for an elite caliber guard) and thus I don't expect the Bills to make the pick unless they have secured a good pass rusher already, and probably a TE or another pass rusher as well. If we can manage to get him in the third round, I will be very happy though.

He could play Center, Hangartner could play guard.

Thats what I think will happen. Not necessarily with Caldwell but I think we will draft a center and have hangartner play guard. This C class is too deep not to take one.

No chance. Hangartner will play center and if they draft a rookie, he'll sit and learn.

No chance. Hangartner will play center and if they draft a rookie, he'll sit and learn.

No chance? I respect your opinion because I think we'll bring in a guard but right now we have a hole at LG right now. I would rather have an elite talent rookie at center and hangartner at guard than Hangartner at C and a hole at LG.

He is very good player. Watched Bama play a few times and that Oline looked stout. Dont really know what happened in the Bowl Game. Buffalo has a history of looking down south here for lineman. Jennings, Williams, and Peters come to mind. This kid would be a great pick in third. Pair him with Duke Robinson in the second you would be set for years at two interior positions.

I'd prefer Robinson OG in the 2nd to Caldwell OC in the 3rd. Caldwell was pretty well handled in the bowl game (as was his team, which looked slow). Plus we have a FA Center and don't seem to be signing a Guard. Have you looked at our depth chart, front office?

I'd prefer Robinson OG in the 2nd to Caldwell OC in the 3rd. Caldwell was pretty well handled in the bowl game (as was his team, which looked slow). Plus we have a FA Center and don't seem to be signing a Guard. Have you looked at our depth chart, front office?

Not to defend Bama's poor play in the Sugar Bowl, but they were missing 2 of their top 3 lineman (OT Andre Smith was suspended and OG Marlon Davis went out with injury on first drive). Then the coaching staff made a big mistake and put the 5 most talented lineman left out there, rather than putting kids who knew their positions. Therefore, Caldwell probably got overwhelmed by the adversity, lack of talent surrounding, and all the shifts Utah did didn't help either. Either way, losing 2 of your best linemen is a recipe for disaster against any top 10 team.

Hangartner is a better guard then he is at center. Moving the chains said that he would get pushed around by the nose tackles in the east.

I think I heard that too.

I'm hoping Hangartner is a bit of a smoke-screen. Pencil him in at center and hope that there is a center the Bills like with their #2 pick. There's going to be a run between the end of the 1st and early 3rd round. Steelers, Browns, Broncos, and Bengals all are rumored to be eyeing a center.

If he can play all 3 interior spots he's somebody I bet the team is at least scouting.

I'm sure Linda Bogdan has heard of him. :blink:

Hangartner is a better guard then he is at center. Moving the chains said that he would get pushed around by the nose tackles in the east.

No newsflash, there. But, hey, it worked so well with Melvin Fowler. WTF, try it again!