pro bowl voting

JAMIEBUF12

WOW! i didn't realize that aaron schobel was 2nd in the afc with 5.5 sacks to john abraham of the jests with 8.5.i was voting for the pro bowl when i saw the stats.he may not be flashy but he does seem to be putting up steady numbers.go bills

WOW! i didn't realize that aaron schobel was 2nd in the afc with 5.5 sacks to john abraham of the jests with 8.5.i was voting for the pro bowl when i saw the stats.he may not be flashy but he does seem to be putting up steady numbers.go bills

97641[/snapback]

Schoebel is a one trick wonder with no real talent at all and TD is an idiot for signing him before he hit the open market.

Don't bring stats into the argument.

Moorman should get all the AFC's votes considering the weather he has to punt in. Already Miami and Arizona have been awful conditions. No way should a dome or warm weather punter get picked if Mooman has similar stats.

Schoebel is a one trick wonder with no real talent at all and TD is an idiot for signing him before he hit the open market. 

97650[/snapback]

i know where you are coming from. sometimes i feel that way. but you have to admit the guy has been solid in his play with no real weaknesses or mistakes.

The problem I have with Schobel is that he is inconsistent. To me, he is an average DL. I need a DL to show up every game and pressure the QB, not disappear for 2 games and then get 3 sacks in a game. Also, he sucks in run defense.

The problem I have with Schobel is that he is inconsistent. To me, he is an average DL. I need a DL to show up every game and pressure the QB, not disappear for 2 games and then get 3 sacks in a game. Also, he sucks in run defense.

98353[/snapback]

actually he does get a lot of tackles. and from what the coaches say about him he is pretty good at run defense.

and as far as sacks go....

he has the 2nd most in the afc. what do you want out of the guy?

The problem I have with schobel is he has these monster games and than nothing. Most of his good games come against crappy teams. Yeah it looks nice right now to have 5.5 sacks, but I'd rather have a John Abraham who can give you consistent pressure and cause quick throws that force turnovers. I think our turnover margin on defense would drastically improve with a true threat at defensive end.

98353[/snapback]

So you want another Bruce Smith?

The problem I have with schobel is he has these monster games and than nothing. Most of his good games come against crappy teams. Yeah it looks nice right now to have 5.5 sacks, but I'd rather have a John Abraham who can give you consistent pressure and cause quick throws that force turnovers. I think our turnover margin on defense would drastically improve with a true threat at defensive end.

98541[/snapback]

Well he DID get 2 sacks going against Jonathan Ogden. And QB pressures are almost as good as sacks, but there are no stats kept for it.

97650[/snapback]

No... Tell me what you really think :D

98541[/snapback]

My problem with this is almost half of his sacks came against a future hall of famer who is still in his prime.

This reminds me of all the people that call in after a game and say "If you take out Willis' 2 24 yard runs and the screen pass and the touchdown, he's no better than Travis"

ALL THE PLAYS COUNT!!!

My problem with this is almost half of his sacks came against a future hall of famer who is still in his prime.

This reminds me of all the people that call in after a game and say "If you take out Willis' 2 24 yard runs and the screen pass and the touchdown, he's no better than Travis"

ALL THE PLAYS COUNT!!!

99038[/snapback]

2 sacks and many run stops against the best left tackle in the game CANNOT be disputed.

97650[/snapback]

that makes a lot of sense.....good point! :D

98353[/snapback]

dude...there are about 2 of those type of lineman in the league...and to say that Schobel is average is ridiculous...I love how when a player attains good stats...people like you say "ahhh, those don't tell the real story"...BS....stats don't lie...it still takes a good player to accumulate those stats...give me a break!

98541[/snapback]

Come on! Schobel alone has been in on something like 4 turnovers (3 FF and 1 FR).

And as for a consistent pass rush, this isn't Madden football. No DE is going to get 4 sacks every week. AS is always around the ball--against the run and pass-- and always puts pressure on the QB. He might not be to the level of a John Abraham--then again, Schobel can't play against Bledsoe twice a year to pad his stats (e.g., 3 of Abraham's sacks were against DB this year).

Come on!  Schobel alone has been in on something like 4 turnovers (3 FF and 1 FR).

And as for a consistent pass rush, this isn't Madden football. No DE is going to get 4 sacks every week. AS is always around the ball--against the run and pass-- and always puts pressure on the QB. He might not be to the level of a John Abraham--then again, Schobel can't play against Bledsoe twice a year to pad his stats (e.g., 3 of Abraham's sacks were against DB this year).

99413[/snapback]

Jason Taylor, John Abraham get consistant double teams. Schobel never gets double teamed.

I think his point is that he's a Buffalo Bill so therefore somehow he must suck and be complained about  :)

99585[/snapback]

Yeah..that's the feeling I get with a lot of the fans on here!

Well he DID get 2 sacks going against Jonathan Ogden.  And QB pressures are almost as good as sacks, but there are no stats kept for it.

99023[/snapback]

Schobel did "show up" against Ogden, a pretty fair LT is most peoples books last I checked, but one correction is needed, they DO keeps stats on pressures. What made Bruce Smith so impressive wasn't always his raw sack numbers (although they are impressive), but also the huge number of pressures he was credited with as well. For example, in 1996 he had 13.5 sacks and 54 QB pressures (Bills 1997 Media Guide).

Schobel did "show up" against Ogden, a pretty fair LT is most peoples books last I checked, but one correction is needed, they DO keeps stats on pressures. What made Bruce Smith so impressive wasn't always his raw sack numbers (although they are impressive), but also the huge number of pressures he was credited with as well.  For example, in 1996 he had 13.5 sacks and 54 QB pressures (Bills 1997 Media Guide).

99845[/snapback]

good point :)