Mark Gaughn on Tony Scheffler

Fingon

Yeah i understand the circumstances for the Cassell move and the Peppers one. However if the Bills are giving up McCargo, then i really would not think a fourth(hopefully a fith) is out the question. I hope Steve Johnson is not part of the deal. And i say that because him + another pick is a little much for me. And i am pretty sure the Broncos aren't going to trade straight up Johnson for Scheffler. Johnson showed a little glimpse that he could be a good wr. And if anyone knows that its Denver, he had his one good game against them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Other boards are reporting that Scheffler agreed to a contract with the Bills according to Sirius Radio, and they are working out the trade with the Donkeys. Don't know if this is true, although a few people ALLEGEDLY heard the same thing.

I don't know if I believe but I do believe that's what they're working on.

EDIT: Now other guys are coming on and saying they were listening and didnt hear anything.

I know it's total speculation but McCargo and a 4th or 5th in a heartbeat. I doubt the Bills want to give up on Stevie Johnson.

Unless McCargo can play DE in Denver's new 3-4 with Mike Nolan as DC, I don't see him moving. I think McDaniels hired him to reproduce what NE did.

I do like the addition of Scheffler (should it happen), who is young, on the upswing, and someone that can block and receive.

Unless McCargo can play DE in Denver's new 3-4 with Mike Nolan as DC, I don't see him moving. I think McDaniels hired him to reproduce what NE did.

I do like the addition of Scheffler (should it happen), who is young, on the upswing, and someone that can block and receive.

Is he a good blocker? From what I understood, McDaniels was letting him go just for the opposite reason.

He didn't fit the traditional TE role he was looking for.

Is he a good blocker? From what I understood, McDaniels was letting him go just for the opposite reason.

He's a decent blocker, but Graham is better and they won't use many 2 TE sets.

I DID step out of my office for like, 5 minutes to take an order of 100 cases of pepper spray for the Sierra Lione military (not joking about that, one of the weirdest orders I've ever had to approve)

They've upgraded their military arsenal?

Yeah, my impression is that he's a sub-par blocker (which is why they use Putzier/Graham so much in run blocking). But, if the Bills need to go out and get a blocking TE (either a FA or 2nd day of the draft) those are a lot easier to find.