Any Crowell news?

Like I (and a lot fo you)said before, this is BS. He's not in Buffalo today and Buffalo has no interest. The story of his visit was never confirmed by the team and it is likely his agent trying to beef up the asking price since only Tampa has an offer out.

So dick must really have some serious beef with this guy, first putting him on IR when he was going to miss 2 weeks, now refusing to resign him even though he has nowhere else to go (assuming he will consider a Buffalo offer).

Whether its Crow, Brooks, June, or the Colts guy, the Bills would be dumb not to sign one or even two of them cheap. They have no interest from other teams and we have a big need. Dont forget we have two LB's coming back from knee surgeries too, and if the past is any indication count on one of our LBs missing significant time this season. I hope they arent panning on using the draft to fill this hole, we just have too many. When the draft rolls around and all the DE's are gone and the highest player rated on your board is a LB, take him anyway, take Pettigrew, or reach for a guy, just dont count your chikens before they hatch.

Haha that has to hurt!

I liked Crowell in a Bills jersey and thought he played well for Buffalo. Ellison is the worst starting linebacker in NFL history. We would be better off putting Mark Kelso's bubble helmet on the field. At least the bubble helmet might trip someone up for a tackle.

So dick must really have some serious beef with this guy, first putting him on IR when he was going to miss 2 weeks, now refusing to resign him even though he has nowhere else to go (assuming he will consider a Buffalo offer).

Whether its Crow, Brooks, June, or the Colts guy, the Bills would be dumb not to sign one or even two of them cheap. They have no interest from other teams and we have a big need. Dont forget we have two LB's coming back from knee surgeries too, and if the past is any indication count on one of our LBs missing significant time this season. I hope they arent panning on using the draft to fill this hole, we just have too many. When the draft rolls around and all the DE's are gone and the highest player rated on your board is a LB, take him anyway, take Pettigrew, or reach for a guy, just dont count your chikens before they hatch.

The Bills are keeping their options open. They know that June and Keiaho aren't going anywhere, and are sniffing around Crowell, who seems to be getting just 1-year minimum salary offers. There's no real urgency...unless/until one of those 3 signs elsewhere.

I liked Crowell in a Bills jersey and thought he played well for Buffalo. Ellison is the worst starting linebacker in NFL history. We would be better off putting Mark Kelso's bubble helmet on the field. At least the bubble helmet might trip someone up for a tackle.

you have to question people who use the word best and worst loosely, like you do.

having said that, I hope we offer him a respectable 2 year contract, I believe he showed us that he can make lots of tackles.

You obviously have forgotten about eddie robinson.

Crowell is very average IMO. Better than Ellison, yes, but a difference maker no. I wouldn't be upset if he resigned with us, because like many have pointed out he'd be an upgrade over Ellison. That being said, the lasting memory I have of Crowell was him playing terribly vs. the Jaguars in the 07 season. I remember watching the film on NFL.com of Fred Taylor's long TD run in which Crowell took a terrible angle and was pretty much responsible for the big play. That was always the problem I had with him, he's just a little too stiff for a LB and often looked lost when he was one on one out in space. There must also be some serious question over his injuries, if he still has not received one offer.