[closed]Why Cutler?? Someone help me...

NFDBills

one throws the ball 40 times a game, and has a much better WR corps, TE, Oline.

and a much better coach.

Let's put things into a better comparison for you, Fingon. How about we compare Cutlers second season to Edwards second season. Remember Cutler didn't have Royal in his second year. While we are talking about Jay's weapons as well, I wanted to point out that Scheffler has 1200 yards and 8 Td's over the last two seasons (29 games). I respect him as a player but you treat him like he is bound for Canton.

Cutler 2007: 16 games 467 attempts 3497 yards 20 Tds 14 Int

Edwards 2008: 14 games 374 attempts 2699 yards 11 Tds 10 Int

Jay Cutler once again wins in production comparisons. I think it should also be noted that Cutler played his first two seasons without knowing he suffered from Type 1 diabetes. This includes the season I just used in my comparison, in which he lost 33 pounds during. I think everyone involved can say they understand Edwards has concerns surrounding his ability to suit up week in week out. Cutler played through his untreated diabetes and has never missed a game in college or the pros.

Let's put things into a better comparison for you, Fingon. How about we compare Cutlers second season to Edwards second season. Remember Cutler didn't have Royal in his second year. While we are talking about Jay's weapons as well, I wanted to point out that Scheffler has 1200 yards and 8 Td's over the last two seasons (29 games). I respect him as a player but you treat him like he is bound for Canton.

Cutler 2007: 16 games 467 attempts 3497 yards 20 Tds 14 Int

Edwards 2008: 14 games 374 attempts 2699 yards 11 Tds 10 Int

Jay Cutler once again wins in production comparisons. I think it should also be noted that Cutler played his first two seasons without knowing he suffered from Type 1 diabetes. This includes the season I just used in my comparison, in which he lost 33 pounds during. I think everyone involved can say they understand Edwards has concerns surrounding his ability to suit up week in week out. Cutler played through his untreated diabetes and has never missed a game in college or the pros.

I agree about durability, but Cutler still had far superior talent. He has a top 3 receiver named Brandon Marshall, a top 10 receiving TE in Tony Scheffler, and one of the best Olines in the game. Not saying hes a bad QB, but he's not the world beater everyone makes him out to be. It would be absolutely stupid to trade Trent and picks for him.

Can someone please tell me why everyone is so infatuated with trading Edwards for Cutler? Maybe I am missing something, but I dont get it. What has Cutler done? He hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't gotten to the Super Bowl. So he has 1 Pro bowl - good for him. He is whining about everything thinking he is untouchable. And then we have Edwards - who I think was a victim of a horrible offensive system. And now with TO hopefully things will open up. Maybe I am not as up on stats and schemes as other people, but can someone please tell me why they think Cutler would be so much better than Edwards.

All lot of guys think the NFL works like fantasy leagues or trading card swaps.

PTR

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.