Browns WR Donte Stallworth involved in a FATALITY

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141216

Apparently Stallworth was DUI and was driving a car in Miami and he hit and killed someone.

Not good.

Well, that will cost him a few years in the pokey if he was DUI.

Seems like every time you hear about it, the drunk walks away w/o a scratch and an innocent person is seriously hurt or dies.

"God protects drunks and fools."

It is sick.

I have a friend who's mother and sister were killed by a DUI driver. It's a tough crime to deal with.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an aside, if I was his lawyer and he was drinking at 7AM in the morning heading out to the beach, I would have told Stallworth to not submit to the test. This honestly sounds like an unfortunate accident.

C

In NY State refusing to take the breathalyzer test is as bad as being drunk, the same laws apply as if you were drunk.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=141216

Apparently Stallworth was DUI and was driving a car in Miami and he hit and killed someone.

Not good.

Does anybody read? Miami police took his blood as part of a routine investigation but have NOT charged him with DUI. It is a tragedy that someone was killed, however let's not convict him of DUI before he has been charged. If his blood work shows something different then yes he should pay a severe price.

Don't be so sure. Ever heard of Leonard Little?

Goodell wasn't the commissioner then. I'd hope he would handle that situation differently than Tags did.

I've also lost friends to a drunk driver. But since (I think) BAC testing is an automatic part of any accident involving a fatality, I'll wait until the numbers come back to convict Stallworth.

He should rot in jail but he won't and as long as he plays football well people will not care. Case in point Leonard Little St Louis Rams. Killed a mother of three while driving drunk in St Louis. Leonard did not miss a down.

Does anybody read? Miami police took his blood as part of a routine investigation but have NOT charged him with DUI. It is a tragedy that someone was killed, however let's not convict him of DUI before he has been charged. If his blood work shows something different then yes he should pay a severe price.

Kinda looks the same to me? :thumbsup::lol:

Buzzed vs. Drunk:

What's Different With These Two Pictures?

He should rot in jail but he won't and as long as he plays football well people will not care. Case in point Leonard Little St Louis Rams. Killed a mother of three while driving drunk in St Louis. Leonard did not miss a down.

Dany Heatley killed his best friend... Actually the Snyder family was supsortive of him... Ya, he was only buzzed... :thumbsup::lol:

Why is everyone saying that he was DUI? The article that the initial poster linked to never said the he was under the influence or that police suspected that he was, merely that they're conducting a routine test of his blood alchohol level at the time of the accident. Here's a quote from another article on the incident:

Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

Link to full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

I'm not saying that he wasn't driving under the influence, but it is irresponsible to simply assume that he was out of some personal bias or agenda. Why don't we just wait for some actual evidence to come out before we go throwing these types of allegations around.

Why is everyone saying that he was DUI? The article that the initial poster linked to never said the he was under the influence or that police suspected that he was, merely that they're conducting a routine test of his blood alchohol level at the time of the accident. Here's a quote from another article on the incident:

Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

Link to full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

I'm not saying that he wasn't driving under the influence, but it is irresponsible to simply assume that he was out of some personal bias or agenda. Why don't we just wait for some actual evidence to come out before we go throwing these types of allegations around.

Again. Fine.

What do the odds tell us then.

2-3

3-1

15-1

I never accused him... I just made a point that buzzed driving often looks like drunk driving. To DS credit, he may even be clean. Lets get a pool going... :thumbsup:

At the time I posted this, it was believed he was DUI. I updated my original thread to include the new information.

Again. Fine.

What do the odds tell us then.

2-3

3-1

15-1

I never accused him... I just made a point that buzzed driving often looks like drunk driving. To DS credit, he may even be clean. Lets get a pool going... :thumbsup:

ExiledInIllinois, my post was not targeted at you but was more a critique of the initial post and the general discussion that followed. However, you responded to someone who was asking where the initial article stated that Stallworth was drunk by saying the following:

"Kinda looks the same to me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Buzzed vs. Drunk"

Your response clearly insinuates that he was under the influence of something and that only the extent to which he was impaired is a matter of debate. You may, in fact, be right. However, as of yet, no one has posted any links that say as much. I simply said that it's a bit over the top to throw around such claims without any hard data at all.

Maybe he (DS) should change games and play hockey... He can move to Ottawa. He can find some friends and family that sympathize with his situation.

:thumbsup:

Or he can get traded to the Oilers, play with Gretzky, win some Stanley Cups, and then become head coach a few years later.

In truth, I'll reserve judgment on Stallworth until the tests results are known. For all we know, it could have been the pedestrian's fault. They could have been impaired themselves.

Please. Lynch was as close to this as Hardy was to shooting his father.

:thumbsup:

Really? Seeing as he claims he never knew he hit her, then it is pure luck for both he and his victim that she fell on her generous hip instead of her head. People can suffer life threatening injuries from a standing fall. Lynch's SUV didn't chose how it hit her and how she impacted with the ground.

Also, as has been pointed out, one can credibly assume he was DUI, (he was barhopping--he had been known to clandestinely drink smuggled-in liquor, he never called the police, he never came out of his house the next day as the cops came knocking----even as they were taking away his vehicle, he offered no cooperation with the police until a grand jury was convened), as his behavior after the event is not consistent with someone who was involved in a simple, unavoidable, innocent accident.

Anyway, won't you first stone casters (obviously none of you fellas has ever gotten behind the wheel after more than a few) feel at least a little silly if it turns out that Stallworth was under the influence of no substances? Maybe just a little?

Really? Seeing as he claims he never knew he hit her, then it is pure luck for both he and his victim that she fell on her generous hip instead of her head. People can suffer life threatening injuries from a standing fall. Lynch's SUV didn't chose how it hit her and how she impacted with the ground.

Also, as has been pointed out, one can credibly assume he was DUI, (he was barhopping--he had been known to clandestinely drink smuggled-in liquor, he never called the police, he never came out of his house the next day as the cops came knocking----even as they were taking away his vehicle, he offered no cooperation with the police until a grand jury was convened), as his behavior after the event is not consistent with someone who was involved in a simple, unavoidable, innocent accident.

Well since he had a history of bringing his own alcohol into bars, surely the DA, in his exhaustive one month search for the truth before agreeing to a traffic ticket, would have uncovered someone, ANYONE, who actually saw him drinking that night, don't you think? Someone like a bartender, waitress, patron, valet, street bum? Wait let me guess: everyone was covering for him.

Lynch did what his lawyer instructed him to do (i.e. keep quiet and let the cops make their case for themselves), just like that video someone posted and I told you to watch said one should do whether he/she is innocent or guilty. But even if he had come clean in the beginning and gotten the traffic ticket, you and others would have obviously still claimed that he accepted the plea deal to avoid having the truth come out. Nothing less than a "I was drunk, knew I hit her, and ran because I was scared" would have sufficed for you and you know it.

Anyway, won't you first stone casters (obviously none of you fellas has ever gotten behind the wheel after more than a few) feel at least a little silly if it turns out that Stallworth was under the influence of no substances? Maybe just a little?

I never said anything about him being guilty of DUI. But in any case, a person died because of him, and he'll still likely get charged with something more than a traffic ticket. In addition, since he's in the NFL's drug program, the Commish is well within his right to suspend him for at least a few games, right?

At the time I posted this, it was believed he was DUI. I updated my original thread to include the new information.

WTF does that mean? It was believed by WHO exactly (besides you)?

Nothing in the articles I've seen gives any indication he was drinking.