Leigh Bodden "one of the best cover corners in the NFL"

In '07, bombastic Bengals receiver Chad Johnson called Bodden "one of the better cover corners in the NFL."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...ppiness/?page=2

I think I remember some of you guys saying this guy was an average corner. Not according to one the most talented receivers that played against twice a year.

Yeah he was so good the Lions decided that they didnt need "one of the best cover corner in the NFL".

You know, because the Lions have SO much talent as is...

In '07, bombastic Bengals receiver Chad Johnson called Bodden "one of the better cover corners in the NFL."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...ppiness/?page=2

I think I remember some of you guys saying this guy was an average corner. Not according to one the most talented receivers that played against twice a year.

Dear Willis990

Just go away...

Thank you,

TSW

LOL! The title of this thread says that Bodden is "one of the best cover corners in the NFL," yet what Chad Johnson actually said is he's "one of the better cover corners in the NFL." :ph34r:

I noticed that too. One of the 'better' means he's in the top 49%. That's a long way from one of the 'best'.

He's so good, all he could get was a 1 year deal.

To be fair to the poster.

Bodden was considered a very good man to man corner, and he went to Detroit, they had him play in zone coverage. So they didn't use his abilities the best they could of. Sometimes schemes that don't fit players can really hurt those players value.

Also about the 1 year deal.

The Patriots gave him a four-year, $16 million offer for Leigh Bodden. He rejected that deal for a one-year, $2.25 million deal. It was a gutsy and risky move by his part, but he did it thinking that next year he could get a larger contract than the one offered to him by the Patriots. You gotta like his confidence if your a coach.

Lee Evans had 4 catches for 36 yards against the Browns in 2007.

Which was almost half of our offenses' production in that game. The numbers for Lee had nothing to do with Bodden and everything to do with a blizzard. When the snow is flying and the wind is blowing at 35-50 mph, you'll find that throwing the ball gets to be a bit difficult, particularly down the field. I'm cool with giving credit where it's due, but the credit for slowing LE down in the 07 Browns contest needs to go to mother nature, not Bodden.

To be fair to the poster.

Bodden was considered a very good man to man corner, and he went to Detroit, they had him play in zone coverage. So they didn't use his abilities the best they could of. Sometimes schemes that don't fit players can really hurt those players value.

Also about the 1 year deal.

The Patriots gave him a four-year, $16 million offer for Leigh Bodden. He rejected that deal for a one-year, $2.25 million deal. It was a gutsy and risky move by his part, but he did it thinking that next year he could get a larger contract than the one offered to him by the Patriots. You gotta like his confidence if your a coach.

He will also be looking at an UNCAPPED year in 10. If he stays healthy & plays halfway decent he will get a MUCH better contract next year than the Pats* offered.

He will also be looking at an UNCAPPED year in 10. If he stays healthy & plays halfway decent he will get a MUCH better contract next year than the Pats* offered.

You realize that only 3-4 teams will actually spend a lot in the uncapped year? As of now, most teams don't even spend up to the cap.