Stimulus

If it means that little to you, please feel free to return to the person who actually earned it for you.

Yeah, I mean who cares if that guy actually pays around the total amount of taxation (State, city, county, FICA and SS taxes) percentage wise. It is totally unfair. I mean so what if you both get hit with around 20% tax. The perception is that the rich guy is paying more so it must be wrong. Only some dumbass posted the total percentage of taxation on the wealthy and it works out to around the same percentage as mine and I am at best middle class. People always focus on federal taxes separating out SS. Since the government doesn't distinguish between the two anymore and none of us will receive benefits in all likelihood, where is the difference?

Oh and capital gains where everyone is even...only most do not receive a benefit from it. I actually think they should leave this alone, but cry me a river for the millionaires paying the same percentage (roughly) as I am.

Yeah, I mean who cares if that guy actually pays around the total amount of taxation (State, city, county, FICA and SS taxes) percentage wise. It is totally unfair. I mean so what if you both get hit with around 20% tax. The perception is that the rich guy is paying more so it must be wrong. Only some dumbass posted the total percentage of taxation on the wealthy and it works out to around the same percentage as mine and I am at best middle class. People always focus on federal taxes separating out SS. Since the government doesn't distinguish between the two anymore and none of us will receive benefits in all likelihood, where is the difference?

Oh and capital gains where everyone is even...only most do not receive a benefit from it. I actually think they should leave this alone, but cry me a river for the millionaires paying the same percentage (roughly) as I am.

Why should their percentage be higher?

Generally I assume people don't really understand the concept of "per cent".

Only the percentage is about the same for middle class and rich. The actual poor pay less, I freely admit that. Only the percentage, when you factor in other consumption taxes, isn't as bad as the figure you guys routinely spout out.

Percentages are percentages whether for upper, middle, or lower income groups; the group that fries my @$$ is made up of those people, companies, etc., who evade their "percentage" by offshoring, under reporting, or simply failing to report their income. They live in the good ol' USA in order to enjoy the amenities, but don't feel the need to pay their share.

Assuming that Switzerland, Austria and other nations do respond positively to US requests for foreign national account info, I'll be interested in the specific actions the IRS et al take against these evaders.

Has anyone ever looked at the "percent" tax rate that people paid under Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, Carter etc?

Yes. Point? So because they were in the mid 70% range (if I recall if not higher)for the high income earners in the 70's somehow makes things better today that the rich are still for reason required to bear a higher burden? Why are the rich supposed to kick in a higher rate? I am so for a flat tax rate.

Yes. Point? So because they were in the mid 70% range (if I recall if not higher)for the high income earners in the 70's somehow makes things better today that the rich are still for reason required to bear a higher burden? Why are the rich supposed to kick in a higher rate? I am so for a flat tax rate.

We have a flat tax rate for the majority of the country. My opinion of you dwindles by the day when you lie like this.

I don't know about you, but when I go to Wegmans and get to the checkout, the first thing the cashier asks is how much me and my wife earn a year. The cost of my groceries is then prorated on a sliding scale and we end up paying a lot more than the Kallage Kids do.

It makes sense. We earn more, the things we buy should cost more too.

We have a flat tax rate for the majority of the country. My opinion of you dwindles by the day when you lie like this.

Until we have a true flat tax rate for all citizens, the income tax system will continue to be unfair, for the rich, middle class and poor. Regarding your opinion of me and my inability to tell the truth. :thumbsup:

Until we have a true flat tax rate for all citizens, the income tax system will continue to be unfair, for the rich, middle class and poor. Regarding your opinion of me and my inability to tell the truth. :thumbsup:

If you agree we have a tax rate that is the same for all but the poor why do you harp on it so much? Serious question.

As to the poor paying 20 percent of their income on taxes, that is pretty close when you factor in sales tax of 9.25% like they have in Tn.

If you agree we have a tax rate that is the same for all but the poor why do you harp on it so much? Serious question.

As to the poor paying 20 percent of their income on taxes, that is pretty close when you factor in sales tax of 9.25% like they have in Tn.

Where did I agree we have an income tax rate that is the same for all. Someone making $250k (taxable income) pays approximately 25% in in federal taxes where someone making $65k pays around 14%. Why should that person pay 10% less? Well the argument is because the person making $250k has a lot more write offs. Well this is true, but in a flat tax system write offs are eliminated.

Where did I agree we have an income tax rate that is the same for all. Someone making $250k (taxable income) pays approximately 25% in in federal taxes where someone making $65k pays around 14%. Why should that person pay 10% less? Well the argument is because the person making $250k has a lot more write offs. Well this is true, but in a flat tax system write offs are eliminated.

Only you aren't factoring in SS which is capped.

I'm not sure if I should be getting frustrated here... SS is NOT a tax. Do you understand what SS is? It is forced savings. The more you pay into it, the more you get out of it.

True, but here's the deal with SS. There is a cap on the benefit too. I know you're not talking about that but if you compare the percentage benefit to someone who made $250k all their life to someone who made $65k it's a lot smaller. That's why it's capped. And there are an awful lot of self employed people making good incomes that have to pay the full 15% where the W-2 employee pays only half.