First T.O. Contoversy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Football Talk, whoever that is.

Oh. I thought I was the one being implicated. I actually tried choosing neutral language but I knew that if I didn't post this, someone else would...and probably in a more incendiary way.

By the way, ProFootballTalk is a very respected site. Mike Florio the founder and main guy is getting increasingly huge media hits on radio and television. He started out as a blogger but he's got tons of sources and breaks lots of stories.

But he is a bit of a sh*t disturber.

Nevertheless, the article is interesting in that the Bills walked him into the locker room and they had a locker stall all set up with Bills' swag and a #81 Owens jersey.

And yes, the Bills store is selling #81 Owens jerseys. I think yesterday you could only get Owens jerseys with #1.

So the wheels are turning.

By the way, ProFootballTalk is a very respected site. Mike Florio the founder and main guy is getting increasingly huge media hits on radio and television. He started out as a blogger but he's got tons of sources and breaks lots of stories.

But he is a bit of a sh*t disturber.

Sounds like his 'sources' for this 'non-story' were a 2nd-hand account of comments made sports-radio show and a bunch of info from various blogs and internet sites, supplemented by his own pure speculation. Slow news day, I guess. :rolleyes:

You know if the Bills walked him to a locker with an 81 number, gave him a shirt with an 81 number and sell to jerseys with an 81 number it would be extremely likely there was at least a phone call and a discussion with James Hardy. James Hardy is probably much

You know if the Bills walked him to a locker with an 81 number, gave him a shirt with an 81 number and sell to jerseys with an 81 number it would be extremely likely there was at least a phone call and a discussion with James Hardy. James Hardy is probably much more worried about where he stands with the Bills than he is with number 81. Instead of walking into a starter's job he's got to perform just to have a spot on the roster. I'm pulling for Hardy to be recovered fully and play whatever role he can for us...but he can wear any number.

Lets not act as if this is the FIRST time a Bills player wanted a certain number.

When a player wants a number he passes cash to the guy who has it.

And knock on wood if Hardy doesn't regain full health? OR even become the breakout player we want him to be.

Let's hope that the media is overblowing this, because if they gave him #81 without even consulting Hardy, it is the first step in this whole evolution towards it blowing up in the Bills face. That sends a terrible message to the rest of the Bills who have been there, going by the rules, that it would appear they are going to cater to every T.O. want and need. Football players can be real possesive about their numbers, and if the Bills just filled T.O.s locker with a #81 jersey and are now selling #81 jerseys and Hardy hasn't had a say, they are starting the avalanche that will destroy the 2009 season.

If hardy don't like he can give back any money he has made from the bills and leave

That is a retarded view point. What if T.O.'s number was #83, would you have the same attitude? It doesn't matter which player has the number, the problem is the message it is sending to the rest of the team. Not only is he going to act like a prima donna, they are treating him like one before he ever even catches a pass in practice, much less a game.