A word on Jay Cutler

At the same point in their careers, Jay Cutler is better than John Elway and he has every bit as strong of an arm as Elway had.

The difference is Elway threw the ball more powerfully and was less accurate, while Cutler throws a more catchable ball and is way more accurate than Elway.

In short Cutler has touch and Elway didn't have touch in his first 1-5 years. Elway developed an incredible touch late in his career and he had a knack for making game winning plays early on in his career.

Cutler may lack a little game winning savvy that Elway had early on.

PS: Stay away from my QB. I'm sick enough as it is with Denver Bronco land.

At the same point in their careers, Jay Cutler is better than John Elway and he has every bit as strong of an arm as Elway had.

The difference is Elway threw the ball more powerfully and was less accurate, while Cutler throws a more catchable ball and is way more accurate than Elway.

In short Cutler has touch and Elway didn't have touch in his first 1-5 years. Elway developed an incredible touch late in his career and he had a knack for making game winning plays early on in his career.

reverse psychology

So wait Cutler has as strong of an arm as Elway but Elway throws it with more power? HUH?

RL's post is as stupid a post as the time someone on another Bills board used some QB statistics to show that JP Losman was better than Jim Kelly at the same stage of their careers. Jay Cutler couldn't hold Elway's jock. The one thing that Elway didn't do that Cutler does is make critical mistakes. Until Cutler cuts down on his errors, such as throwing the INT that cost Denver a chance to win against the Bills, or the fumble against SD that the refs bailed him out on, he won't be a championship caliber QB.

The reason that Denver was interested in trading Cutler for Cassel was because McDaniels watched the films of his new team & realized that Cassel doesn't make the critical errors that Cutler makes which costs Denver wins.

RL's post is as stupid a post as the time someone on another Bills board used some QB statistics to show that JP Losman was better than Jim Kelly at the same stage of their careers. Jay Cutler couldn't hold Elway's jock. The one thing that Elway didn't do that Cutler does is make critical mistakes. Until Cutler cuts down on his errors, such as throwing the INT that cost Denver a chance to win against the Bills, or the fumble against SD that the refs bailed him out on, he won't be a championship caliber QB.

The reason that Denver was interested in trading Cutler for Cassel was because McDaniels watched the films of his new team & realized that Cassel doesn't make the critical errors that Cutler makes which costs Denver wins.

FTR, Cutler threw the perfect pass to win that game vs. us. Right into the hands of his receiver at the back of the endzone. If it weren't for the picture perfect slap by Reggie Corner, we'd have broken our string of 7-9 with a 6-10 record.

So wait Cutler has as strong of an arm as Elway but Elway throws it with more power? HUH?

In definition, strength is different than power. Power is strength, with the incorporation of speed. Yes I am nitpicky. Haha.

FTR, Cutler threw the perfect pass to win that game vs. us. Right into the hands of his receiver at the back of the endzone. If it weren't for the picture perfect slap by Reggie Corner, we'd have broken our string of 7-9 with a 6-10 record.

Remember that picture perfect pass to Kawika Mitchell in the 4th quarter in clutch time? I couldn't of scripted it better

While I am not sold on Cutler, he throws the ball that many times because all of their RB's get hurt and their defense is terrible. Elway had a great RB at the end of his career and a great defense.

Cutler isn't very efficient. He only puts up big numbers because he throws the ball 600+ times.

(Warner/Brees/Cutler) "isn't very efficient. He only puts up big numbers because he throws the ball 600+ times.

Good observation.