TO + Mike Martz?

Mr. WEO

Since we have TO why does it make sense to keep the same crappy OC?

Martz made Detroit into a decent passing offense with Kitna.

If our goal is to keep TO "not a problem in his first year" he's going to need a LOT of touches. "Turk Schonert" is not a guy who can create this type of offense. Why invest a penny in TO and change nothing else?? Makes no sense. It's like buying an Enzo for your 16 year old daughter.

If anyone can bring out the best in Edwards's passing game, I bet it's Martz. It will never be Schonert.

This is a no brainer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our goal is to keep TO "not a problem in his first year" he's going to need a LOT of touches. "Turk Schonert" is not a guy who can create this type of offense. Why invest a penny in TO and change nothing else?? Makes no sense. It's like buying an Enzo for your 16 year old daughter.

If anyone can bring out the best in Edwards's passing game, I bet it's Martz. It will never be Schonert.

This is a no brainer.

Sowwy....but this seems Weo stupid to me. :thumbsup:

Sowwy....but this seems Weo stupid to me. :thumbsup:

I think it would be an interesting move to bring in Mike Martz. The media said that bringing in Schonert last year would open up the offense, are you kidding me, it was a boring and predictable as ever. At least Martz would try to put the ball in the air and not waste the 6.5 mil to T.O.

Mike Martz is an egotistical turd. He basically ran Kurt Warner out of St. Louis in favor of Marc Bulger. Yeah, that's worked out. Everywhere he goes he puffs his chest out like he's some kind of genius and never really accomplishes anything. I'd rather keep Schonert. He also grossly underutilized Marshal Faulk at times. We'd probably have that to look forward to with Marshawn and Freddy. No way, no how do I want Mike Martz on our coaching staff.

This is a no brainer.

Being speculative is one thing, but this post is rediculous and a waste of space.

I think it would be an interesting move to bring in Mike Martz. The media said that bringing in Schonert last year would open up the offense, are you kidding me, it was a boring and predictable as ever. At least Martz would try to put the ball in the air and not waste the 6.5 mil to T.O.

I was just messing with Mr. Weo, you know, having a little fun. A very poor attempt at humor, if you will.

However, to address you, bringing in Martz IS a stupid idea. His offense is perhaps the most difficult to learn. You suggest blowing up everything just because T.O. is in town? You do realize he'll be gone after next season in all likelyhood, right?

Owens has managed to have a pretty decent career without Martz, don't you think?

I was just messing with Mr. Weo, you know, having a little fun. A very poor attempt at humor, if you will.

However, to address you, bringing in Martz IS a stupid idea. His offense is perhaps the most difficult to learn. You suggest blowing up everything just because T.O. is in town? You do realize he'll be gone after next season in all likelyhood, right?

Owens has managed to have a pretty decent career without Martz, don't you think?

Wow, this is sadder than I thought. They say that voters elect the man they deserve. I see it's no different for most Bills fans.

Schonert has proven inept at playcalling. Bringing in TO will not change that. We now have what many of you are calling "the second best WR duo in the league" (I'll let that go for now) and a young QB with shaky nerves and now under IMMENSE pressure to satisfy his new WR's insatiable demands for attention. In fact, there is no one on this coaching staff who has any obvious talent at developing a cogent offensive scheme. No one can credibly make an argument otherwise.

Martz ran Warner out of town?? Where did you hear that one? He never accompished anything??? After Martz brought his offense and then his team to 2 SBs in 3 years, Warner could not stay healthy enough to play half a season---and he was a shell of the player he was just a year before. And remind us, who was Kurt Warner before he met Mike MArtz?

Look at what Martz did in f-ing Detroit---with John Kitna! over 4000 yards, 7th ranked offense. That's all that team had. San Francisco decided that they would rather move on to their 5th OC in 5 years (there's a well run program!)---their head coach, Mike "I Lead By Pulling My Pants Down" Singletary (still wonder why he was passed up so often for HC jobs in the past?) has decided to resurrect this awful awffence around the power running game of Frank Gore (!).

Martz has a bad attitude? Who cares?? He wants to win. DJ has NO attitude and is holding this team back because he is an awful head coach. Schonert doens't even bear metioning--he would never have this position on any other NFL team.

I just put Martz out there because with Schonert in charge, why did we bother spending a penny on TO?

This is a no brainer.

WHAT!?

WHAT!!??

Martz? Our strength is the run game and Martz doesn't use his RBs. I hate Martz's offense. He made Detroit? They were terrible.

Wow, this is sadder than I thought. They say that voters elect the man they deserve. I see it's no different for most Bills fans.

Schonert has proven inept at playcalling. Bringing in TO will not change that. We now have what many of you are calling "the second best WR duo in the league" (I'll let that go for now) and a young QB with shaky nerves and now under IMMENSE pressure to satisfy his new WR's insatiable demands for attention. In fact, there is no one on this coaching staff who has any obvious talent at developing a cogent offensive scheme. No one can credibly make an argument otherwise.

Martz ran Warner out of town?? Where did you hear that one? He never accompished anything??? After Martz brought his offense and then his team to 2 SBs in 3 years, Warner could not stay healthy enough to play half a season---and he was a shell of the player he was just a year before. And remind us, who was Kurt Warner before he met Mike MArtz?

Look at what Martz did in f-ing Detroit---with John Kitna! over 4000 yards, 7th ranked offense. That's all that team had. San Francisco decided that they would rather move on to their 5th OC in 5 years (there's a well run program!)---their head coach, Mike "I Lead By Pulling My Pants Down" Singletary (still wonder why he was passed up so often for HC jobs in the past?) has decided to resurrect this awful awffence around the power running game of Frank Gore (!).

Martz has a bad attitude? Who cares?? He wants to win. DJ has NO attitude and is holding this team back because he is an awful head coach. Schonert doens't even bear metioning--he would never have this position on any other NFL team.

I just put Martz out there because with Schonert in charge, why did we bother spending a penny on TO?

Are you serious? Proven inept at play-calling in just one season at the helm? We've let cat litter sit in the box longer at OBD. And you want to bring in an egomaniac who can't keep a job wherever he's been? Also bro', who is Kurt Warner right now? Was Martz the offensive mastermind of the Cardinals SB run? :( Also, where'd the awesome Mikey Martz carry Bulger to when he was there? If your memory fails you, look at Kitna's #'s in Cincy before Carson took over, specifically 2003. Was Martz the OC there in Cincy at that time too? Kitna's always been a capable QB that just needed help around him. I don't know what "kool-aid" you've been drinking there fella, but I hope it wasn't green because you'll soon be dozing off and not waking up again :thumbsup:

Mike Martz's flashy, pass happy offense, only fools the fans who don't trully understand the game. I admit that watching his game plan unfold is very entertaining. However, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. He has had issues with every coaching staff he has been a part of and alienates his peers with a tremendous ego. All that aside his playcalling is horrid. A Martz offense gets Qbs killed, causes alot of turnovers, never allows the defense rest, under utilizes the RB position, is figured out by midseason usually, inflates WR numbers above the level of talent, and doesn't fly in bad weather. In short it will produce alot of yards and highlights but will also flat out lose you games on it's own.

Mike Martz's flashy, pass happy offense, only fools the fans who don't trully understand the game. I admit that watching his game plan unfold is very entertaining. However, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. He has had issues with every coaching staff he has been a part of and alienates his peers with a tremendous ego. All that aside his playcalling is horrid. A Martz offense gets Qbs killed, causes alot of turnovers, never allows the defense rest, under utilizes the RB position, is figured out by midseason usually, inflates WR numbers above the level of talent, and doesn't fly in bad weather. In short it will produce alot of yards and highlights but will also flat out lose you games on it's own.

This is a perfect example of the level of discourse on this topic. Every sentence is nonsense.

His playcalling is "horrid"? How so?

He gets QBs "killed"? Name one. Warner broke his hand and that led to his rapid decline in SL. Hardly "killed".

His offense "causes a lot of turnovers"? Warner is a great QB, but he turns over the ball--a lot. He had 49 of his career 114 ints AFTER he left St. Louis. He had 54 of 91 fumbles AFTER he left St. Louis. That's 5 years before and and 5 years since.

He underutilizes the RB position? This is the dumbest contention you could have repeated. Marshall Falk made a nice career (a HOF career) running the ball in SL--despite never playing a full season! In the span that Martz assembled "the greatest show on turf"--1999-2001 (that's 3 playoffs, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win and over 500 points per season--not bad for an offense that "is figured out by midseason")---Faulk ran for 4122 yards on 766 carries and 37 TDs (avgs of 1374, 255, 12). AND, as if that were no enough, he also caught 251 passes for 2643 yards and 22TDs (avgs of 881, 84 and 7.5).

Let's put that in perspective. In that 3 year span (the Rams were ranked 5th, 17th and 5th in rushing), Faulk averaged about as many carries per season as our "run centered" offense of Lynch has the past two seasons. In the same time, he averaged as many catches as our #1 receiver. Poor Marshall Faulk! Injuries limited his production after those 3 years, not Mike Martz.

So, Martz's offense never let the defense rest? Whose defense? The Rams? The other team's? This comment makes no sense whatsoever---in addition to being patently untrue. Few defenses "rested" more than those of the high flying Rams of 1999-2001. During those years, the Rams allowed the 4th, 10th and 2nd lowest opponent time of possession.

His offense "inflates WR numbers above the level of talent"? GREAT! That sounds like what this lame ass team needs--ANY coach to make these guys perform above the level of their talent. Why wouldn't you want that??

Otherwise, a top notch post.

I love Warner--he's one of the 3 smartest QBs in the league, and was the perhaps best last season. In fact how great would it have been to have persued him and brought him to Buff? Far better than TO. But Warner was an Arena League grocery store bag boy who came off the bench when Green was hurt. Does anyone really believe that Warner would have had that type of success then and now if he had not paired up with Martz at that very moment? Martz built that offense around Warner and Faulk.

What would Bobby April say? Who cares? But I'll take a wild guess. Obviously, Bobby, who passes for a coaching genius by the current Bills staff standards (which, since he is a ST coach, is a very sad fact) would prefer not to fall under the shadow of someone who would challenge him for this designation. No, Bobby's ambition begins and ends with his comfy spot "coaching" special teams. He realizes he would be crazy to look for a HC coach job and end up being viewed like DJ, or other failures.

I was on the fence about this subject originally but you challenged every rebutal to your ideas with stats Mr. Weo (the stats don't lie). I think you won this one. Well. hopefully Turk will loosen up his playcalling because he won't be leaving until Jauron does. Jauron isn't the type to ever fire a coordinator even if that aforementioned coordinator is not up to par.