Interesting Day for Cutler

Virgil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to trade our first and Edwards for Cutler and a second. Cutler would be the perfect QB for Evans and Owens and for the weather in Buffalo.

I don't know....

I understand why a lot of people are down on Trent and wouldn't mind replacing him with Cutler, but I'm starting to wonder about Cutler now. I agree that the kid has tremendous talent, but don't necessarily agree with the fact that he needs more time. He's been in the league for 3-4 years or so? That's enough time to be able to start showing whether or not he's an elite QB and he hasn't quite done that yet.

By no means am I saying that Trent is anywhere near elite, but I think I'd rather stick with Edwards right now. He's been given the weapons and he has shown some leadership, so I'm willing to run with him at the helm.

Cutler can also shoot his mouth off, showing a little immaturity. Phillip Rivers is a tad cocky, but he's been backing it up with wins. Jim Kelly was a tad cocky in his early days, but he was also backing that up with wins. Remember, this is a guy who claimed he has a stronger arm than Denver's all-world savior, John Elway. Saying something like that in Denver is like telling the Catholic church that you have more faith than Pope Benedict.

Cutler 4526 yards 25td's 18ints 86.0 rating

The guy is still young and he's good. Kiper's mad because he pegged him as a bust and now he's succesful.

I think there is still upside, the INT's should come down

IIRC didn't the the Pats stick it to their old OC by letting it be known that he was on the block in the first place? If Devner thinks they cant bury the hatchet, they should trade him to the Jets for the 17th pick this year and maybe 1st or 2nd next year. (a good way to stick it to the pats) But that's just me I'm kinda spiteful that way.

There something very Glenn Close/Fatal Attraction about Jay Cutler. If I were Josh I'd start wearing a bullet proof vest.

As for the Bills...the fans are crazy enough, we don't need an unhinged QB. Pass.

another clown who seems to think the buffalo bills character philosophy works. cutler is 10 times better than our noodle armed injury prone qb

another clown who seems to think the buffalo bills character philosophy works. cutler is 10 times better than our noodle armed injury prone qb

JP, is that you? I thought that you would be gone by now. What do you say? no suitors, ah shucks.

Trent will shine this year.

Thanks for making my point about some of the unhinged Bills fans. The guy has a short fuse, just like you! :thumbsup:

Mental stability has nothing to do with someone's character.

You obviously haven't read very many of my posts, I'm a huge supporter of the Bills so-called "bad character" guy Marshawn Lynch.

As for Edwards, he does have a noodle arm. So what. What's that got to do with bringing in an unstable QB to start for the Bills? While I have major questions about Edwards, I'd rather have him than someone who I thought was unhinged to be the leader of the team.

Okay, let's put down the gasoline and rationalize here. Do you really think Owens and Cutler could work nicely together? Cutler's a great quarterback, I'll give him that, but he's nowhere near John Elway and like Owens he likes drama (i.e. Philip Rivers rivalry, Elway comment). I think Trent would be more willing to work with Owens and make sure they develop a good relationship and chemistry moreso than Cutler would.

Let me get this right - we are all getting on Cutler's case because of his one comment regarding his arm being better than Elway's ? Is that all we have on him ? Over-rated or not, he has put up better numbers than Trent. He is the one who worked his rear last off-season with his WRs. I like that work ethic. And, I don't mind a bit of cockiness if his numbers back him up. Just because his new coaching staff doesn't like him does not mean they should engage in a PR war to down play his value.

If you say, he had better weapons, then we have excellent WRs now. I think we will be better off if we have Cutler throwing to Evans and TO than Trent. And if Cassel set the price range for QBs, then I would argue Cutler should be had for a second or third rounder.

Let me get this right - we are all getting on Cutler's case because of his one comment regarding his arm being better than Elway's ? Is that all we have on him ? Over-rated or not, he has put up better numbers than Trent. He is the one who worked his rear last off-season with his WRs. I like that work ethic. And, I don't mind a bit of cockiness if his numbers back him up. Just because his new coaching staff doesn't like him does not mean they should engage in a PR war to down play his value.

If you say, he had better weapons, then we have excellent WRs now. I think we will be better off if we have Cutler throwing to Evans and TO than Trent. And if Cassel set the price range for QBs, then I would argue Cutler should be had for a second or third rounder.

True. I'd love to have Cutler. Edwards will be good, but he needs to play in warm weather or a dome. Did you notice his record when it's cold as opposed to warm? Besides, QB's are supposed to be cocky.

My question is simply based on the potential relationship between T.O. and Cutler. Yes, we are getting on Cutler's case about the Elway comment, because no matter how much you try to defend the fact that you want your quarterback to be confident, you want them to be composed as well. Does Peyton make that comment? McNabb? Brees? Warner? No. Cutler's statement was very assinine. Not to mention his little girly spat with Rivers. If Edwards throws 23 TDs last year and 10 INTs and says he thinks he's better than Jim Kelly, this board would murder him. And don't give me some excuse that both Rivers and Cutler are of a different generation of QBs and are changing the ways.

And why are people already writing off Edwards? He's only played 1.5 regular seasons, last year was his first full season to start and he didn't screw it up like J.P. or Bledsoe or dare I say RJ. And no I'm not writing him off because I think he has more composure and maturity than Cutler, not to mention the support of Bill Walsh. I'm not saying he's our savior but I am saying he deserves at least 1 more season to see his progressions. We saw major signs of progress last year against Oakland, Jacksonville, and even when WE went to Denver. Some of you in favor of trading Edwards off seem to have Snyderitis.

L.T.? Cutler? Gonzalez? Oh brother.. :thumbsup: Why not Belicheck too?

Sorry I'll get off the soapbox now.

Sorry, I forgot quarterbacks throw with their feet.

Silly you. Way to take something and totally twist it to fit your needs.

anyways, whether or not cutler is a headcase, i'd take him any day of the week on my team.

hell, the man has almost as many multi-td games in his career as trent edwards has career touchdowns.

True. I'd love to have Cutler. Edwards will be good, but he needs to play in warm weather or a dome. Did you notice his record when it's cold as opposed to warm? Besides, QB's are supposed to be cocky.

I have no problem with Cutler's disposition, or whatever you'd like to label it, either. I'd rather have a guy like that who isn't afraid to stand up to a receiver like T.O. and give it right back to him than someone whose confidence is going to be shattered the 2nd time he's called out by any receiver in this league, much less one of the greatest of all-time. That is the one thing I'm afraid of as far as Edwards goes. IMO quarterbacks need to be the confident (maybe borderline arrogant), vocal leaders of their team, and must be able to both take criticism in stride, and dish it right back if need be.

Oh really? In Denver, in December, both Qb's had the chance to win that game. Our "noodle arm QB" stood in the pocket and took a real blow to deliver a beautiful long ball to Fred Jackson to re-take the lead in the 4th qtr, after our D had given up the lead. Then your boy Cutler had 2 drives/opportunities to win the game, at home. He failed. Give me Edwards and his upside.

guys, mainly the ones hinging their critique of jay cutler on "him saying he's better than elway".. he never said that

He said HIS ARM is stronger than Elway's.

I'm not so sure about that statement anyway, I can recall the Bronco's receivers complaining that after practice they would have little X's all over their chest from the impact of the Elway throws.