Eagles and Peters

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go for it in a second. Peters wants 1/10th the cap space and we can be offered 2 1st rounders that cure TE and Center and for our 11th pick we get a stout defender I say we go for it.

Walker did fine at LT, actually better than Peters this year.

I'd upgrade at 2 more positions for a fraction of the cost. Peters isn't playing for us anyway without 8 figure salary. He really hurt the O-line chemistry last year and he should just go.

Take their 1st rounders and next years 2nd. Done, take it. Last time I checked Gandy was sufficient for the Cards (although looked horrible in the SB), but I watched a lot of Cards games and he was fine.

2 first rounders would take up 1/10 of the cap space!

That's laughable. Were you born yesterday? ;)

You really think some team will want a player who is nearly 30, that has held out for 3 years, and wants $13+ million a year? That's what he will be if he holds out the remaining years on his contract.

You really think some team will want a player who is nearly 30, that has held out for 3 years, and wants $13+ million a year? That's what he will be if he holds out the remaining years on his contract.

He's 27, hardly old for an OT.

When his conact is up he'll be 30. Fingon is right Peter's has very little leverage with two years left.

If the Bills had a credible replacement, he's have no leverage.

Because they don't, he has plenty of leverage... and the Bills know it.

People are talking about us getting 2 1's from Philly. But signing those 1's and ours, or even our 1 and another 1 in a possible trade, costs more than it will to keep him, AND trading him on;y opens up another hole. Like I said before, you don't get Owens and then go out and trade your 27 year old franchise LT. He has all the leverage

Peters entire approach has been laughable. Holding out with three years is just stupid. Sorry but if you cant see that then you are stuipid. Bills did have the upperhand last year and still do. If he holds out this year it would make a little more sense but not much. Seeing as though he still has 2 years left.His best bet was to show up last year and play hard and work out a deal during the season. If not then try harder tactics this year. He just skipped straight to playing hard ball when he really had zero leverage but to hold back his services. But in the end he really gets hurt because he makes no money. I wish he could be signed but at this point i am so scarred of his attitude and capability to think clearly on business matters i dont know if the bills wouldn't be better off shoping him and getting the best offer they could for him. Trade Peters and your first to Philly for their 1a and then 1b picks. It wouldn't cost more then you signing Peters and signing the 11 pick. Basically would be a wash. With one of your 1st rounders pick up a LT and with the second sign you DE or DT. And save the we have a great LT now. Because these numerous posts have shown that is debateable. And th elast few years plenty of good LT have come in the later first to early second. The Colts have a second round pick protecting Bradys blindside in Tony Ugoh.

People are talking about us getting 2 1's from Philly. But signing those 1's and ours, or even our 1 and another 1 in a possible trade, costs more than it will to keep him, AND trading him on;y opens up another hole. Like I said before, you don't get Owens and then go out and trade your 27 year old franchise LT. He has all the leverage

How did all that leverage work for him last year? He held out, came back with this tail between his legs--hopelessly out of shape ("F-you my offensive teammates!"), and then showed the world that how great he was by tanking half the year. Still, he got no new contract.

How does he have any more leverage this year? Leverage implies that one can compel another to do your bidding. What can he make the Bills do?? He's still got a contract. He can either make that money or not--that's the only decision he can make. He has no other control over his situation.

Why shouldn't the Bills be apprehensive about paying this guy like a starting QB after last season and off-season?