Eagles and Peters

If we're going to lose him after this year then get everything you can for him and sign an aging veteran cap casualty.

Peters has two years left on his contract, so even if nothing happens this year, a trade is still possible next year. Unrelated, but Peters has 2 career TDs. One was JP Losman's first touchdown (against Houston, I believe). The less memorable one was the blocked punt against Cinci. Any new contract with Peters should mandate that he play "Wedge Buster" during any future pro-bowls.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles won't trade their two first round picks.

Bills will not trade Jason Peters.

Bills just signed TO and is not interested in rebuilding the team, at least not this year.

Jason Peters will not hold out because he already tried last year and it blew up in his face.

Clayton is smoking something good and I want some of that.

This discussion is a waste of time.

Bills just signed TO and is not interested in rebuilding the team, at least not this year.

Jason Peters will not hold out because he already tried last year and it blew up in his face.

Peters WILL hold out. Do you really think he is going to show up for offseason conditioning without a new contract? NO WAY!!! He wants a huge contract. The dude is all about the money. He could care less that he held out all offseason and messed up our entire O line. The Bills will make what they think is a fair offer to Peters. If Peters' demands are ridiculous and it looks like there is no middle ground. I believe we will certainly try and trade him for the best deal we can before the draft. That makes the most sense.

For you people on here who think Peters is comparable to Anthony Munoz and Tony Boselli in their primes, please tell me what I am missing. To me Jason Peters plays lazy and uninterested a lot of the time with poor focus causing him to false start quite a bit. Sure when motivated he can manhandle people, but his first step back on pass protection is not fast, as shown by how many guys went around him for sacks last season.

For you people on here who think Peters is comparable to Anthony Munoz and Tony Boselli in their primes, please tell me what I am missing. To me Jason Peters plays lazy and uninterested a lot of the time with poor focus causing him to false start quite a bit. Sure when motivated he can manhandle people, but his first step back on pass protection is not fast, as shown by how many guys went around him for sacks last season.

You're not missing anything. He's legendary in his own mind and the worst thing that ever happened to the BILLS was him making his first Pro Bowl (more an indictment of the LT position in the AFC than anything Peters has actually done). Peters' "career" is best summed up by the "sack/fumble/TD" in the Jets game that the brainiacs around here continue to blame on Losman. Peters never got out of his friggin' stance on that play and got absolutely wasted by a DB. That NEVER happens to a true Pro Bowler. EVER.

If ANY team wanted to give us 2 first round picks for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat. His "potential" is pretty much always going to be a tease. He's a lazy, stupid football player with ridiculous talent.

If ANY team wanted to give us 2 first round picks for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat. His "potential" is pretty much always going to be a tease. He's a lazy, stupid football player with ridiculous talent.

I agree that Peters is vastly overrated, but The Bills should have recognized that and drafted Ryan Clady last year. At this point, Peters has all the leverage in the world. Not only will no give up 2 first rounders for him, he now 2 Pro Bowls under his belt. The best option at this point is to cut Kelsay and use the savings to give Peters a sizable raise. The Bills made their bed with Jason Peters and now have to live with it.

And BTW, though Peters is responsible for missing his block on that play, there's no excuse for JP not securing the ball!

agreed about the 1st 2 points...

You're not missing anything. He's legendary in his own mind and the worst thing that ever happened to the BILLS was him making his first Pro Bowl (more an indictment of the LT position in the AFC than anything Peters has actually done). Peters' "career" is best summed up by the "sack/fumble/TD" in the Jets game that the brainiacs around here continue to blame on Losman. Peters never got out of his friggin' stance on that play and got absolutely wasted by a DB. That NEVER happens to a true Pro Bowler. EVER.

I'd never blame Losman for being Losman, instead, I blame Dick for being a Dick.

agreed about the 1st 2 points... *as do i

how did it blow up in his face? he was voted to the Pro-Bowl again and that is all he and Parker have to hear. Regardless of how many sacks he gave up, that Pro-Bowl nod just RAISED his price.

The Bills expect Bell to play this year - I thought at LG or RT with Walker moving inside but maybe they Like him at LT- they like his athletic ability, his work ethic, and his attitude- he's worked hard on his strength and will come in at 315-320 this year.

The Bills won't give Peters away but if the right deal comes along they will trade him- that no hard feelings everybody is friends BS isn't true- Peters thinks the Bills treated him unfairly and the Bills think Peters and Crowell cost them games.

If the Bills get multiple 1st round picks don't be surprised if one is a WR (psst- Darrius Heyward-Bey) T.O. is a 1 or at most a 2 year fix.

If the Bills get both of Philly's 1st round picks and their 3rd- It might go like this - move down take 1a Pettigrew TE, 1b Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, 1c Sean Smith S 2a Connor Barwin DE, move back into 2nd for Chris Baker DT after which they look for OGs and LBs

The Bills expect Bell to play this year - I thought at LG or RT with Walker moving inside but maybe they Like him at LT- they like his athletic ability, his work ethic, and his attitude- he's worked hard on his strength and will come in at 315-320 this year.

The Bills won't give Peters away but if the right deal comes along they will trade him- that no hard feelings everybody is friends BS isn't true- Peters thinks the Bills treated him unfairly and the Bills think Peters and Crowell cost them games.

If the Bills get multiple 1st round picks don't be surprised if one is a WR (psst- Darrius Heyward-Bey) T.O. is a 1 or at most a 2 year fix.

If the Bills get both of Philly's 1st round picks and their 3rd- It might go like this - move down take 1a Pettigrew TE, 1b Darrius Heyward-Bey WR, 1c Sean Smith S 2a Connor Barwin DE, move back into 2nd for Chris Baker DT after which they look for OGs and LBs

You aren't talking about two firsts and one third just for Peters are you? You will never get close to that much for him, in fact there aren't many players in the NFL that can't be had for those picks. You might a one first or one second and maybe a lower pick, but don't count on it.

how did it blow up in his face? he was voted to the Pro-Bowl again and that is all he and Parker have to hear. Regardless of how many sacks he gave up, that Pro-Bowl nod just RAISED his price.

The entire league knows how bogus that Pro Bowl selection was this past season. Those sacks he gave up will play more in a contract deal than a bull sh-- Pro Bowl selection.

I don't think it can be said any better or truthfully. I agree 150% with your entire post.

Peters WILL hold out. Do you really think he is going to show up for offseason conditioning without a new contract? NO WAY!!! He wants a huge contract. The dude is all about the money. He could care less that he held out all offseason and messed up our entire O line. The Bills will make what they think is a fair offer to Peters. If Peters' demands are ridiculous and it looks like there is no middle ground. I believe we will certainly try and trade him for the best deal we can before the draft. That makes the most sense.

Even if they gave Peters a big contract, he would still come up with a bull sh-- injury like at Pro Bowl time last year so he wouldn't have to attend mini camps or training camp, he is just plain lazy and bad news for Bills faithful.

That's what you always say. But you never give a real sense of whether you believe that or whether you're just trying to stir up sh*t.

Do you really believe it might be racial?

And if so, doesn't Peters have a right to be angry?

You have a long history of Peters bashing. But from what I've seen you never address whether he's justified in feeling slighted by the Bills.

What do you really think VA?

I don't think there is nothing racial about it. At the time of the extensions, both players were at camp, their play was improving, they weren't bitching and moaning. Peters play declined, he was only on the second year of a new contract at the time, he is as lazy as a sloth. If the Bills are racial, explain Dockery, Langston, Evans, Mitchell, Stroud, etc. are all non-whites who either signed big free agent contracts or got big extension in just the last few seasons.