T.Owens agent not truthful

djh

In an email sent to FOXSports.com on Friday morning, agent Drew Rosenhaus said there are "several teams" interested in Owens and he expects "to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner."

Rosenhaus declined to name the interested parties.

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

So what?

I don't think Drew Rosenhaus is looking for sainthood. But he's a player's agent and he represents his client first, second, and third.

That said, if I was a player I'd want someone out there who is a proven agent like Rosenhaus. Most fans can't stand him, but he's not in the business of winning popularity contests. He's there to get his people as much money as possible.

Besides, if you don't like being lied to, I hope you didn't vote for any political party-ever.

In an email sent to FOXSports.com on Friday morning, agent Drew Rosenhaus said there are "several teams" interested in Owens and he expects "to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner."

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

Is it really that slow of a Tuesday...?

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

So does an agent lie? Is the pope a Catholic? Does a bear sh-- in the woods? He saw the Bills coming. Like a frightened dear in the headlights and gave TO every cent 'guaranteed'. He should be treated as a legend to get that deal with TO's history

Let's be realistic here. When I heard T.O. signed with Buffalo my first thought was "geez...nobody else wants him?" The Bills are pretty much the bottom of the barrel for player of his star power. Oakland, Detroit and Cinci may be a shade lower.

PTR

Let's be realistic here. When I heard T.O. signed with Buffalo my first thought was "geez...nobody else wants him?" The Bills are pretty much the bottom of the barrel for player of his star power. Oakland, Detroit and Cinci may be a shade lower.

PTR

throw in Green Bay, Cleveland, and Jacksonville too

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

NOBODY WANTED ANOTHER POST ON THIS....

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

Who cares and what relevance does this have? I mean seriously...

We got a great player with no long term risk as its a one year deal, and we got him for 30% cheaper than what Coles is getting in Cincy this year...

So what if his agent did his job, that is what he is paid to do and he is the best in the business...I could care less...the lack of a market got us a great player with no long term risk at a great price...next thread...

NOBODY WANTED T.O.!!!

..and your point would be?

PTR

EXACTLY. I was trying to put it in a way that wasn't offensive to other Bill fans.

Nobody else wanted T.O. He is going to the graveyard of the NFL.

EXACTLY. I was trying to put it in a way that wasn't offensive to other Bill fans.

Nobody else wanted T.O. He is going to the graveyard of the NFL.

Which is exactly what give the Bills power in this situation and leaves the bizarre mind of TO no realistic alternative but to be a boyscout next year in order to extort one more contract out of the NFL when he hits FA next year.

Its not a good bet that TO will do anything logical, but this meal ticket for Rosenhaus and his hangers on will do everything they can to get TO over the finish line and into FA without a meltdown that virtually guaranteed no one will sign him even at the vet minimum with incentives.

The Bills appear (none of us knows the contract) to be in a position where if they choose to they can even cut TO with no future cap impact and we have enough room in the cap this year to absorb the $6.5 mill hit and still have room to buy some more. If TO sets the world on fire in 09 (doubtful as is clearly in decline) the Bills (unless they gave up the right) could even tag him if he is great (again doubtful but nice to have options).

The big news here for the Bills is that we now have a second WR who has racked up over 1000 yds and had 10+ TDs the last three seasons and even in decline far outpaces the #s of Hardy, Reed, Peerless or other #2s we had,

I am overjoyed this seems to be TOs last shot and if he goes bizarro cut his butt and all it costs us is a cap hit we can easily afford.