Just how bad is Buffalo nightlife?

Everyone seems concerned about Buffalo not being exciting enough for T.O. If the Bills (or Rogers) are smart, they will have a limo and condo at Owens' disposal. (T.O. in T.O....expect to hear that one a lot.)

But if Terrell only has a few hours to grab a vodka martini, are there any half-way cool night clubs in Buffalo? Even just one? No place with disco lights and DJ's? Jim Kelly had no trouble partying in Buffalo but I think his Western PA upbringing made him comfortable with shots, beers and wings.

PTR

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go downtown every Wednesday and Fri night on the Chip Strip

Chip Strip isn't the biggest street ever... maybe half a mile? Bars on both sides of the street

Theres also Allentown

then Elmwood and Delaware which are two more strips

Buffalo is ALL bars...but no Atlanta-like clubs which McGahee probably wants. Theres a few though.

Everyone seems concerned about Buffalo not being exciting enough for T.O. If the Bills (or Rogers) are smart, they will have a limo and condo at Owens' disposal. (T.O. in T.O....expect to hear that one a lot.)

But if Terrell only has a few hours to grab a vodka martini, are there any half-way cool night clubs in Buffalo? Even just one? No place with disco lights and DJ's? Jim Kelly had no trouble partying in Buffalo but I think his Western PA upbringing made him comfortable with shots, beers and wings.

PTR

Ehh, the Buffalo nightclub scene on Chippewa is very college age oriented, for guys that have partied all over the country and sometimes World, I really can't see Chippewa as being very exciting to be honest, with that said Buffalo does get bonus points for being located in proximity to the fine arts of the Canadian Ballet :D

I go downtown every Wednesday and Fri night on the Chip Strip

Chip Strip isn't the biggest street ever... maybe half a mile? Bars on both sides of the street

Theres also Allentown

then Elmwood and Delaware which are two more strips

Buffalo is ALL bars...but no Atlanta-like clubs which McGahee probably wants. Theres a few though.

Here's every bar in B-Lo

http://buffalobarfly.com/bars_az/

Did McGahee really want more?

Ehh, the Buffalo nightclub scene on Chippewa is very college age oriented, for guys that have partied all over the country and sometimes World, I really can't see Chippewa as being very exciting to be honest, with that said Buffalo does get bonus points for being located in proximity to the fine arts of the Canadian Ballet :D

you said it perfectly

I love Canada

Just send T.O. to Oliver Street in North Tonawanda with a roll or two of quarters, pack of parliaments, and a flask of jim beam and he'll be partying all night long. Might even end up with a not-so-high class working girl. :oops:

:D P-Funks and Bourbon! I love it!

Not that T.O. doesn't want to hang with the whites, but Buffalo is a very homoginized town.

Being a white college kid, you could go weeks without seeing a black guy in a bar on Chippewa, Elmwood, Allen etc.

T.O. may just want to rent the basement at Transit Lanes and hire his own entertainment!

By the way, don't get me wrong there are a TON of BARS in Buffalo, but those are joints for people like us, those are not the type of places these superstars are looking for when it comes to entertainment.

That sums it up. There are no clubs in Buffalo that even remotely resemble the type of clubs you'll find in NY, ATL, or Miami. Maybe T.O. can build one! :D

the nightlife is great IF you are an average person. if you are looking for some high end exotic VIP supeclub... hop on the QEW to TO.

for the average person there is MORE than enough bars/clubs in WNY/southern ontario to keep them happy. it all depends on what you are into. im sure there are some players who enjoy it, and other who prefer more "high profile" establishments

and legally being served till 4am is a nice perk