Aaron Schobel radio interview

stevewin

Just stumbled on this - go to link and select Aaron Shobel under 'On Demand'

http://www.570klac.com/main.html

"If you can play on Sunday and help us win I don't care about anything else"

Requisite Dumb Question: "If TO comes to you and says where's a good place to hang - do you know the kind of places he might want to hang out at?"

Good answer: "Probably won't be with me - with three kids and a wife - he probably won't want to hang out with me" :blink:

Also - cleared on injury - ready to go

Just stumbled on this - go to link and select Aaron Shobel under 'On Demand'

http://www.570klac.com/main.html

"If you can play on Sunday and help us win I don't care about anything else"

Requisite Dumb Question: "If TO comes to you and says where's a good place to hang - do you know the kind of places he might want to hang out at?"

Good answer: "Probably won't be with me - with three kids and a wife - he probably won't want to hang out with me" :blink:

Also - cleared on injury - ready to go

I think Schobel's pretty funny - really dry humor.

The only thing he has to prove to me is if he can come back from injury. I have never had a doubt about 94's effort or wanting to win. The guy made himself into a pro bowler by working his ass off.

he certainly does.. he signed a huge extension deal and needs to prove that he can still be a top DE like he is getting paid to be.

You mean the contract extension he signed in August 2007? His 2007-08 production was down in terms of sacks, but was otherwise solid (tied his career high in passes defended and set a high in forced fumbles).

Add Stroud to that list too

For sure, IMO, Stroud is the only D lineman that Offenses have to account for.

He reminds me of Benji Douglas a fictional DT I drafted in Madden 09 after the 2011 season... hahaha! :D needless to say, he has become an impact player for me :doh::oops:

he has not proven to be an elite DE like he is getting paid to be.. the guy needs to prove that to me, it's an opinion. He doesn't have to prove effort or a desire to win, he has to prove he can be a top 5 DE, which I don't feel he is, unless he can prove me wrong.

News Flash!

Nobody, I Repeat, Nobody! Really cares what your opinion is, except when it gives them a few laughs at yet another brain-dead moron acting like his opinion means something.

Last season the Bills D was second or third in the AFC in tackles for a loss, I heard this repeatedly over the course of the year. It was not our safeties doing this but (mostly) down to our DL, and then mostly our two DTs, Stroud especially.

DTs do not make THAT many big plays per year, tackles for a loss are normally as good as it gets, and we were very good at that. With Schobel fit (and/or a new pass rushing DE) our D could be close to becoming the unit we would like to see on the field.

So Stroud was not just 'a big name' without the requisite performance. He did well last year.

(And Williams held up his own).

I like Stroud, however last year he was more of a name than an impact player.

Wow, thats crazy. Take Stroud away from that D and it gets ugly. He made K Williams better, never gave up ground in the run game and collapsed the pocket. Its kind of hard to get noticed when your playing next to Kelsey, Denney and Williams!

As far as Schobel goes, I hope he put a little weight on. He looked very skinny a year ago at SJF. I would never doubt the guys motor because he never stops but he is another year older and never was a guy to blow past a tackle. I hope he looks good but he could hit the wall quickly.

Why haven't we restructured him and Kelsey yet?

I think Aaron is being optimistic about his foot in these interviews from what I have seen of him. Having said that, the season is a long way away, and lets not pretend that every NFL player is working hard in the offseason, so he might be just fine for the season opener.

WHAT????

The guy never missed a start until 2008. Not ever. He got injured, and now he's got a lot to prove?

I guess the poster is coming from the point that he has a lot to prove that he is still a good pass rusher....While he has put good #s, Schoebel has never dominated a game or created game winning/changing plays.

I guess the poster is coming from the point that he has a lot to prove that he is still a good pass rusher....While he has put good #s, Schoebel has never dominated a game or created game winning/changing plays.

I disagree with this completly. Even in his "down" 2007 season, he had 5 forced fumbles which are almost by definition game changing plays. He's got 68 sacks in 8 seasons, which to me indicates he is disruptive enough to force teams to gameplan against him, opening opportunities for other players.

I disagree with this completly. Even in his "down" 2007 season, he had 5 forced fumbles which are almost by definition game changing plays. He's got 68 sacks in 8 seasons, which to me indicates he is disruptive enough to force teams to gameplan against him, opening opportunities for other players.

Agreed!