Playoffs?

Playoffs?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Now that T.O. is a Bill, do they make the playoffs this season?

• Yes
    • No

I say no right now. But if they make the moves needed for the OL, LB, and DE positions then we just might. Either way, I think we get over the 7-9 hump this year and end up 9-7 battling all the way until the last couple of weeks of the season for a playoff spot.

Shocker Bills fans being negative.

I BILLieve that once they sign another OL and hopefully Cato June. Those players could be the missing pieces going into the draft. Draft - I am hopeful that they will draft Aaron Maybin.

Shocker Bills fans being negative.

I BILLieve that once they sign another OL and hopefully Cato June. Those players could be the missing pieces going into the draft. Draft - I am hopeful that they will draft Aaron Maybin.

The "yes" votes are about 50% right now, which is fairly positive considering the team has missed the playoffs 9 straight years and there are major roster holes remaining at TE, OL, DL, and LB. I voted "no" at the moment, but would be willing to change this vote if the following actions are taken (or something along these lines):

1. Sign Cato June

2. Sign Kendall Simmons or trade for a starting LG

3. Draft a DE in the first round

4. Draft a TE in the second round

5. Draft a DT in the third round

Even if they improve their talent, given their coaching, schedule, and strength of AFC teams, I don't expect them to make the playoffs. There are at least 8 teams better than them; NE, Mia, Pitt, Bal, Indy, Tenn, Jax, SD. Then throw in NYJ, Hou, Den, and it will be tough to be in the top 6.

Considering the past decade of success? I can't see it happening just yet and with New England and suddenly Miami having a resurgance, I don't think it's so much being negative as it is being pragmatic.

Sorry... just my opinion... I realize having one is cause for public ridicule and scorn around here after this weekend.

Even if they improve their talent, given their coaching, schedule, and strength of AFC teams, I don't expect them to make the playoffs. There are at least 8 teams better than them; NE, Mia, Pitt, Bal, Indy, Tenn, Jax, SD. Then throw in NYJ, Hou, Den, and it will be tough to be in the top 6.

The Bills are better than Jax, Den, and Mia. I know they lost to Mia twice last year but they played some of their worst football against them. I also think that they are as good as SD, NYJ, and Hou. The Bills are going to see a few annual powerhouse teams that have question marks this year. Tenn. lost their best player, Indy struggled badly last year, Bal is another year older and lost B. Scott, and the cheatriots are rolling the dice with Brady. They can make the playoffs and should IMO. No excuses this year.

The Bills are better than Jax, Den, and Mia. I know they lost to Mia twice last year but they played some of their worst football against them. I also think that they are as good as SD, NYJ, and Hou. The Bills are going to see a few annual powerhouse teams that have question marks this year. Tenn. lost their best player, Indy struggled badly last year, Bal is another year older and lost B. Scott, and the cheatriots are rolling the dice with Brady. They can make the playoffs and should IMO. No excuses this year.

That's a reasonable opinion. My own:

4 division winners: NE, Pitt, Indy, SD.

7 teams that the Bills should be better than: Jax, Hou, Cincy, Clev, Den, KC, Oak.

That leaves 3 of 4 wild card teams that the Bills must beat out: NYJ, Mia, Balt, Tenn.

I think the TO signing translates into fans being excited and interested again and hopefully his team mates. Far to much unknown at present to say outright they a playoff team or even contender. Trent will need to show improvement, he not not become spectacular , but he does need have good fortune of staying healthy and he does need to rid himself of rookie mistakes and become not great but solid quarterback. TO , Evans, and the running backs can do the great things.

They do need also to get a credible pass rush, one that is a consistent threat. At best at present the defense can be best described as average, it need be better than average for team to be playoff team.

The TO signing to me makes them interesting with some hope, where previously i felt dispirited .

This coming season could be a great one, or more volatile and combustible than this franchise has ever seen.

I like the TO signing (he might be one of the best offensive weapons on the team since OJ or Kelly) but this is a team that went down badly after the first six games last year. The team is not that different yet. The coach is the same, the problems are the same they still have the hole in the rooster that they made when they IR'd Crow last year. Now they have made some new holes and just let our best CB walk for a fraction of the TO signing (wtf was the problem with keeping a talented player?????? too many to afford pffffft!). I think the O should be better if they upgrade with some vets (on the line) but who is there left now? The D front 7 is unchanged. Putting rookies on the lines is not the answer (remember a few years ago "it takes a line time to gel, we're going to be great next year"). Ellison is not the answer. Is a back up center the answer? We don't know. Will Dick even let rookies play, or will it be the the same good players on the bench til someone get hurt, then the revelation that the back up is better. If Stevie Johnson played all season last year would we even need a 2nd reciever? We just don't know. (although I must say TO should be good at helping groom our young guys, just having a great player around can help).

Bone headed game/playcalls will continue and I think TO will see it and call them out (I would think anyway). I could see this as being a good thing, but will it change things? Will TO get Trent mad about playing "not to lose", will the players still like Dick? Will they still defer? I like the move to get TO but playoffs? Sorry, not with this coach/ team as it is.

With the Orchard Park High School coaches taking control of the offense, we go to the playoffs. But with our coaches, are you kidding me? Playoffs?

Let me start out saying this: Do not blame that season on the defense, OK? I don't care who you play, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less an NFL team, when you are coached by the Ace and Gary of offense, Schonert and Jauron, you ain't gonna beat anybody. That was a disgraceful season. We gave it away. We gave the Dolphins the frigging playoff slot. In my opinion, that sucked