Jauron's "Come to Jesus" meeting with T.O.

Regardless of how this comes out I commend the bills for taking what is an extreme risk in order to try to get better......

No one can say that the bills dont take chances now.....this is like the ultimate of that.

Signing T.O. is less risky than keeping DJ as heach coach IMO. One guy has proved that he can produce. The other guy has proved he can't.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.O. has no choice ... he is here because no one else wanted him ... if he plays well and stays under control, he can parlay it into another deal somewhere else next year ... screw up, and it's retirement. TO should be smart enough to understand the situation, if not, Rosenhaus I'm sure explained it to him.

you believe that? really? t.o. is not gonna be a media show? t.o. will get another deal some way some where some how, no matter what. this is the n.f.l. get your popcorn ready. this is gonna be fun.

Do you suppose he told Owens that he expects him to try really hard on Fridays?

DJ told him that press conferences are now t.o.'s, that takes a load off. we will get our entertainment dollar now.

I have to say that since Jauron wasn't at the press conference, I'm glad that he got to meet with TO face-to-face. I could see where Jauron not having met with TO prior to being introduced as a Buffalo Bill might have rubbed TO the wrong way.

Found this nugget on SI.com:

Peter King says he was told that Owens had a "come to Jesus" meeting with Bills head coach Dick Jauron. And Owens met with Buffalo's offensive coaching staff. The Bills wanted to make sure T.O. understands that Lee Evans is still going to get a lot of passes.

---------

My comment - I am not a DJ fan but I have to say this was a smart tactic for the Bills to employ. Since TO is basically auditioning for the rest of the NFL this year, it was smart to take the approach from Day 1 that the organization, and not TO, is in charge. Any disciplinary action taken by the Bills publicly against T.O. will be another nail in his coffin and I think it was smart to lay down the law right from the start.

"Come to Jesus?"

More like come to loser...

Look...Of coarse the Bills had a sit down with TO from the get-go...He's TO for God sake...and this is The Buffalo Bills...It's not exactly a match made in heaven...Everyone knows it...TO's also sitting across the table knowing He's leaving the Complex later that day with a $4 million Signing Bonus check so...It's not like He was gonna show His ass right then and there...He was gonna nod and say "Yes Sir" regardless...

I love the TO Signing for a lot of reasons, but NONE OF THEM HAVE A THING TO DO WITH THAT LOSER OF A HC We currently have in Buffalo...The Bills will Win and be successful in 09 DESPITE Dead Dick not because of Him...A Player like TO is exactly the type of talent that will hide the fact that Jauron is a Career loser...

"Come to Jesus" :blink:

I'm sure T.O. agreed. He always comes out as a team player. Fact is we paid for cancer, a few weeks in it's gonna start

Thats just not the way he works, never has..clearly Owens does not cause problems in his first year anywhere he has been. Those of you who insist that he will be nothing but problems from the beginning either don't know the facts or are turning a blind eye towards them. Owens is typically on his best behavior the first year, and usually responds with a monster year. Its in years 2 and 3 that he causes the problems...which is why the Bills were very smart to only ink him to a 1 year deal...

Can we please stop making things up about Owens and trying so hard to show what a bad teammate he is?

Everyone keeps saying TO is in Buffalo because "nobody else wanted him." I think that's total bull. I think he and his agent got together and strategized that for TO to finish his career strong, he could start the turnaround by taking a "perennial loser" and putting them on the map again. He's the Savior, and nobody's gonna deny it.

And I don't buy the story that DJ was anything like a disciplinarian at this supposed "come to Jesus" meeting. Rather, I would bet that Dick was cordial and quiet and simply stated that Lee Evans will be a good teammate for TO. That's it.

Finally, a guy whose talent is so superb that even DJ can't screw it up. The Bills might actually make the playoffs this year, despite their coaching staff.

I think I just saw Jesus. And he wears #1.