L J Smith rumors ??

JFS1971

I heard down here ( Philly area) on local talk shows that Smith's agent said that his client visited the Falcons and a future visit with the Bills are in the works and they are also still in talks with the Eagles. I don't know how true it is, but it would be an upgrade.

I heard down here ( Philly area) on local talk shows that Smith's agent said that his client visited the Falcons and a future visit with the Bills are in the works and they are also still in talks with the Eagles. I don't know how true it is, but it would be an upgrade.

Well, an upgrade over Royal perhaps, but Dereks Fine and Schoumann are probably better than LJ Smith.

Well, an upgrade over Royal perhaps, but Dereks Fine and Schoumann are probably better than LJ Smith.

Yeah, I'm with you. Smith looked promising a couple of years ago, but he's battled various injuries. Last year it was his back and that's a little sketchy for us to be taking a chance on. I think that Schouman and Fine would see the field more than Smith.

I haven't seen anything promising from any of our TE's and I'm not sure why there's been so much positivity directed towards Fine; he seems like nothing more than a nice blocking TE to me. Smith has been hurt on and off the last two years so his stats aren't great, but the two years prior he had 50+ catches for 600+ yards each year. He would definitely be an upgrade...but only worth it at the right price (6th rounder?).

I haven't seen anything promising from any of our TE's and I'm not sure why there's been so much positivity directed towards Fine; he seems like nothing more than a nice blocking TE to me. Smith has been hurt on and off the last two years so his stats aren't great, but the two years prior he had 50+ catches for 600+ yards each year. He would definitely be an upgrade...but only worth it at the right price (6th rounder?).

I believe he's a UFA :thumbsup:

Well, one thing that the team definitely needs is depth. It doesn't sound like he's commanding a huge salary. Sign him to a 3-year deal. If he doesn't pan out, meh, cut him next year. We only have two TE's on the roster, we can sign him and draft another if we want and let them duke it out. I'm not disputing that LJ may not have developed into the player people thought he would, but I'm not sold on a slow 4th round TE from Kansas. I still think we should draft a TE with our second pick.

37 receptions, 298 yards, 3 TD's, Pass.

I wonder how well he got along with T.O. while he was with the bEagles?

Those aren't horrible numbers for missing 4 games. He's has been banged and missed significant time the past couple years though. Nice season in 2006, 50 catches and 5 TD's. Wouldn't be a horrible pick up for the Bills, but personally I hope they don't...

Those aren't horrible numbers for missing 4 games. He's has been banged and missed significant time the past couple years though. Nice season in 2006, 50 catches and 5 TD's. Wouldn't be a horrible pick up for the Bills, but personally I hope they don't...

Royal only played in 13 games, and he had 33 receptions for 351 yards...very similar numbers, to Smith.

You know what other similarity they have?