Why TO Took this deal

Looking at the price I thought it was cheap espesially for a 1yr deal. next season is proboly going to be uncapped 1 good season with us and then he cashes in. Any thoughts

There won't be an uncapped year. There will be a lockout before that ever happens. I'm pretty sure about that.

If he has one good season with us why not use the franchise tag?? THis is presuming he doesn't want ot sign a new deal at the end of the season. TO should be happy because he's still getting his $$ and being paid an average of the top 5 WR's at 36-37. The negative would be that for him it's not a multi year deal. Just a thought.

Honestly, the one year deal is the best thing that could have happened for us. He will play his butt off this year, and even if he goes ape sh-- in the locker room, he would be gone after one year. If it all works out and he likes it here, then he will re-sign. I LOVE the one year aspect of this signing. We were heading for a waste of a year with Jauron back anyway. Now atleast there is some hope for this year thanks to a talent upgrade. If it doesn't work out, big deal. We would have gone 7-9 anyway.

Honestly, the one year deal is the best thing that could have happened for us. He will play his butt off this year, and even if he goes ape sh-- in the locker room, he would be gone after one year. If it all works out and he likes it here, then he will re-sign. I LOVE the one year aspect of this signing. We were heading for a waste of a year with Jauron back anyway. Now atleast there is some hope for this year thanks to a talent upgrade. If it doesn't work out, big deal. We would have gone 7-9 anyway.

Exactly right. If we signed the guy to a 4-year 40mil with 15mil SB, yeah, there's potential for it being a pretty stupid move. But a one year deal for a guy with big personality on a team struggling to find it's way back to relevance? It's a great move, IMO... If it doesn't work out, big deal...if it does, then we're in for a much more interesting season than it likely would have been otherwise.

My thoughts are hopefully he cashes in with us after a good season. :thumbdown:

I can understand having TO for a season...he's generally stayed out of trouble his first year with a team. The second year and beyond is filled with turmoil that causes problems on the field both while he's with the team and after he's gone. No way in hell should he return in 2010. We'll think that 7-9 seasons look good if that happens

If he has one good season with us why not use the franchise tag?? THis is presuming he doesn't want ot sign a new deal at the end of the season. TO should be happy because he's still getting his $$ and being paid an average of the top 5 WR's at 36-37. The negative would be that for him it's not a multi year deal. Just a thought.

I like this post. :thumbsup:

Look, TO is crazy. If he cacthes 10 TDs in the first 5 games, he might actually demand more money on the spot. You never know with this guy, but the franchise tag certainly is leverage.

Looking at the price I thought it was cheap espesially for a 1yr deal. next season is proboly going to be uncapped 1 good season with us and then he cashes in. Any thoughts

I'd bet my life it's because no team wanted him and he had no choice. Maybe Oakland but for a one year deal and at that price for someone of Owens' caliber tells me he had no other option.

Guest dog14787
I'd bet my life it's because no team wanted him and he had no choice. Maybe Oakland but for a one year deal and at that price for someone of Owens' caliber tells me he had no other option.

TO had a few options and in my opinion more would have been available to him had he waited it out a little longer, rumor has it that the Titans may have been one of the teams interested in him. Keep in mind, sometimes money is an obstacle also.

Timing was everything for this deal to happen, the right place and right time for our ball club, the right place and right time for TO.

As crazy as it sounds, this feels like a good fit for both the Bills and TO, TO wants love and affection and Bills fans have the biggest hearts in the NFL. We love our football team, probably more than we should. TO wants attention and he will get it here, and don't you think he deserves it? This man has scored 973 points in his career, let me repeat that, thats 973 points. TO has scored more TD's over the last three years than ANYBODY and that includes Randy Moss.

How does Jerry Jones explain this?

I say F%#k them Cowboys :thumbsup: and I wish TO and the Buffalo Bills could go up against them this year B-)

Using the franchise tag on TO? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but geez... what's the likelihood that he wouldn't complain about that?

a couple posters have suggested franchising TO. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at the end of this year the CBA ends and there will be no tags or caps. It will be an open salary league.

But, But But.......

His Agent said there was interest and that he would definitly be signed by the end of next week, and the bills FO bought it

I thought I heard that even Al Davis said no way to TO

Lets all just forget that Dallas, the destination for every problem child player as long as they are good, gave him up and took a $9 mil cap hit because they were sick of him

lol..franchise tag for a 37 yr old?(his age in 010)..good one