Clayton: Bills talking with LeCharles Bentley

Rubes

With all of the crazy talk about Owens, I'm not sure if this was noticed.

I was listening to John Clayton on ESPN Radio today talking about the TO deal, and he was commenting on how it might impact other signings. He then mentioned LeCharles Bentley and how he's trying to make a comeback from his knee problems, and that the Bills were one of the teams talking to him. That was all, just a quick comment.

Interesting. I wonder what impact that might have on Hangartner. Move to Guard if Bentley is able to handle the Center duties?

Oh man, I'm not sure about LeCharles. I would hope the Bills would still sign a Guard if they decide to give Bentley a shot. He was definitely talented, at one point THE top center in the NFL, but his injuries were pretty horrific.

Yeah. The ripped-up knee, and then the staph on top of it ...

Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a visit. But it would have to be an incentive-heavy deal, and only after a thorough look-see by the medical staff.

Yeah. The ripped-up knee, and then the staph on top of it ...

Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a visit. But it would have to be an incentive-heavy deal, and only after a thorough look-see by the medical staff.

bingo

With all of the crazy talk about Owens, I'm not sure if this was noticed.

I was listening to John Clayton on ESPN Radio today talking about the TO deal, and he was commenting on how it might impact other signings. He then mentioned LeCharles Bentley and how he's trying to make a comeback from his knee problems, and that the Bills were one of the teams talking to him. That was all, just a quick comment.

Interesting. I wonder what impact that might have on Hangartner. Move to Guard if Bentley is able to handle the Center duties?

I guess it is old news, but I was just reading about how many Browns players suffered from resistant staph infections. Winslow was one of the latest ones, they have a real problem down there.

I hope he can recover his abilities, but if his infection was as bad as indicated you just don't know.

Damn shame.

Site won't accept the link, but over at the "range", there's a thread about LeCharles Bentley who was said to have stated on ESPN News that the Bills are a team he'd like to play for and said recently on Sirrius Radio that he was healed and ready to go. Hummm.........

Could be? Nah....not likely....yet......trying to find links.......(ESPN)