Torn....With Renewing

sds7973

I personally think after last year's near record season ticket sales, there will be a bid decline in sales this year. With last years disappointing season, whoring games to Canada, non-existent off season moves except to create even more holes and a future about as bright as a dark room. Couple that with today's crappy economy and the future of ticket sales at OBD is sure to go down.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I renewed last week. I really had to think twice about it, but then I realized how much fan I have at the tailgate and even at the games, so I chose to renew. Plus I know that I need to do my part to support the team, so they don't move.

It doesn't matter how many good hard working fans like you renew, if they are gonna move the Bills they are gonna move them. Unfortuneatly it is the big corporate picture that they lack in Buffalo not the individual fans like yourself, Buffalo has the best blue collar fans in the NFL - by far!

I feel your pain, folks.

I gave up ST's/moved from WNY after the '95 season and only been to a few games live since. That's a very tough choice to spend that kindadough for the experience of being sick to your stomach many times a year.. On a lesser $$ level -though not by much, I'm contemplating NOT renewing Sunday Ticket for the very same reasons. Many times, I just couldn't watch the late games -so disgusted at what I saw earlier..

That's what this time of year means to me. What changes are they making I can believe in, to try to get better. Frankly, not so much yet..

That's really the incentive they are offering?

:rolleyes:

That's just one of the many incentives - there's also the 'Celebrating 50 years of Mediocrity' custom lithograph, and an invitation to the draft party at RWS field house - where you can watch in utter disbelief for 2 days, muttering the whole time, "I can't believe the Bills picked that guy - we suck!"

I renewed last week. I really had to think twice about it, but then I realized how much fan I have at the tailgate and even at the games, so I chose to renew. Plus I know that I need to do my part to support the team, so they don't move.

He said the key thing its fun. I renewed today. In the end its just a game people we wernt as bad as everbody is saying the last 10 weeks of the season were rough.

This was supposed to be the year I was finally going to get season tickets however, after Ralph gave an extension to this guy

<----

And the economy tanked I decided to spend another year screaming at the TV for most of the games (I usually make at least 1 a year in person)

WHAT THE HELL ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN BUFFALO IN THE FALL AND WINTER? YOU CAN'T BOWL EVERYNIGHT.

You can buy UB Bulls tickets we had an outstanding time last year 150 Bucks. Take the rest of the cash and play some golf or go skiiing.

Well,

March 9th renew deadline is coming for season tickets. I have a seat and a guy I work with has the other. On Monday I came into his office to tell him I am already to renew he on the other hand has some doubts and it made me think.

The season ticket is $540 dollars.

9 games 7 regular and 2 crappy preseason games.

That is 60 dollars a game or almost 80 if you take the preseason games out of it.

Now I know this is dirt cheap for NFL season tickets but I feel I am paying for dirt. The next thing that crossed are mind is this awful schedule.

The 4 AFC East games (In my opinion all losses) I think I may look forward to a Miami December game but that is it.

Bucs?

Saints?

Colts, like to see Peyton, haven't seen him since Rob Johnson was the QB, but that most likely be a loss.

Games I will go to:

Home Opener (No Matter the Oponent)

Texans

Browns

Maybe, Miami in December.

So 4 games max, even if I be 2 tickets in the upper deck I am looking at $480 dollars.

Lynch issues, Jauron still here, and these wonderful free agent signings I feel like I am renewing a lease on a '86 Chyrsler Aries K!

Any other season ticketholders in the same boat?

If I was still in Buffalo I would definitely go the the Bucs game. I now live south of Tampa (about 45 minutes). First the Bucs have never been to Buffalo. Second this team is is just as much or more turmoil than Buffalo. They have a new coach (firing Chuckie), have cut some of their big name players. Still confused who is going to be their quarterback as of today (want to have four when camp starts). This miight be a winnable game if Edwards and Lynch had a good day, and if maybe a wide receiver would catch some as they have cut some of their experienced defensive backfield.

You can buy UB Bulls tickets we had an outstanding time last year 150 Bucks. Take the rest of the cash and play some golf or go skiiing.

Oh yeah. I love the Bills, but there is a ton to like about the Bulls! I'm amazed more Buffalonians don't recognize what is going on in UB sports...

Oh yeah. I love the Bills, but there is a ton to like about the Bulls! I'm amazed more Buffalonians don't recognize what is going on in UB sports...

I like the UB & I think Gill is doing some good things, me & my son even had season tickets last year. He loved it. I am going to get them again this year. But really your comparing apples & oranges. There is no comparison between an atmosphere of a Bills game & the atmosphere/fun for a UB game. Bills games are 100xs more exciting & fun to go to.

I dumped mine after 2006. Had them for 4 years. That was the year they had 4 games after Thanksgiving. After lousy weather, lousy team, and some obnoxious fans around me, I called it quits. Spent my $$$ on other entertainment. Unless you have spectacular seats like the 50 yard line. You can always dump them and come back a few years later and get the same seats