Could someone please explain to me why I should

Pete

Seriously you should vote for John Kerry if you are low income indivual looking for free government handouts and are willing to deal with the government to get them.

Thats it. He will raise taxes on businesses, upper class, middle class, etc... to pay for them.

Also, if you are a terrorist or support them as Kerry will pull back from a lot of our world wide positions and close don a lot of current negociations. Prefering instead to work through the world courts and UN to resolve any conflicts, without any backbone to implement those agendas.

I think of the movie “Wolf” with Jack Nicholson. Where he’s standing in the men’s room, and James Spader comes in. Jack starts pissing in a half circle near Spader. Spader says “What the hell are you doing?’ Jack says “I’m marking my territory”

The analogy is Jack plays it like Bush would. Where as if Jacks part was played by Kerry’s, he’d be pissing yellow and asking for consensus from everyone in the men’s room.

without saying "Hes not George Bush"?

95839[/snapback]

i asked girl i met recently who was a staunch kerry supporter why she's so pro kerry. she gave alot of reasons to not vote for bush, but not one reason to vote for kerry. i think i pissed her off when she started to realize she couldn't come up with any other reason

I try to steer clear of discussing politics with co-workers, but with the election tomorrow it has come up a lot today. I asked five pro-Kerry co-workers today why Kerry was getting their vote. Each and every one of their answers began "Because Bush......"

One of the people I asked was eating lunch at the time. I guess her answer shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise given the fact that she was having a hot pocket for lunch. :doh:

95839[/snapback]

Kerry will tax more wealthy people at progressively higher rates than those who are less wealthy. I think Kerry thinks it is OK to tax wealth upon your death for as much as possible; since you're dead, I don't think he thinks anybody will really care. Kerry will concentrate on domestics issues more than foreign policy issues. I think that he thinks foreign policy is just a necessary nuisance. More people around the world seem to like Kerry. Kofi Annan of the UN likes Kerry. Hans Blixer (the weapons inpector guy) likes Kerry. The leaders in France like Kerry. The leaders in Germany (I think) like Kerry. I think the leaders in Spain would like Kerry. I think the terrorists actually like Kerry better than Bush; but they hate him just the same because he is an American pig. Kerry does not mind using collected tax dollars to fund abortions for those who can't afford it even if those who provided the tax dollars are morally against abortion. I think Kerry places more importance on the job of a social worker over the job of a Department of Defense contractor. I think Kerry thinks teachers, police, and firemen, and others deserve to get paid more and I think he'd mandate it with government rules rather than market realities. I think Kerry thinks the minimum wage should be higher than it is. I'm not sure he believes the cost of goods and services provided by those with the higher wages will actually go up. I think Kerry thinks it is not discrimination if you hire a minority over a non-minority to "level the playing field" of past discrimination. I don't think he sees this case as discrimination as well. I think Kerry thinks George W. Bush actually lied about the weapons possibilities of Saddam Hussein. I think Kerry will appoint judges to the Supreme Court who think it is OK to interpret the Constitution based on the times rather than the original intent of the words. Kerry also thinks it is OK for judges to overturn laws made by legislators. I get the impression the Kerry thinks it is OK if you do great at your job but in your personal life you are a real letch. He does not think your personal character will effect your job performance character. Also, if you are meeting Kerry and he wants to impress you, he will be sure to say he enjoys the same things that you enjoy; even if this seems in conflict with his actual voting record. He's a nice guy. He speaks well. His wife is free to say whatever she thinks whenever she wants. To ask for anything different would be trying to subordinate your wife.

All of this is just my opinion...

95839[/snapback]

Its a presidential election between primarily two people. You have to go with the candidate who better matches your concerns on the issues. You don't have to agree with everything, and it should be evaulated within a comparative context, as no candidate is going to be the perfect candidate. Saying he's not George Bush is valid if you hardly agree at all with George Bush.

In any event, to me the biggest issue with the Presidential election this year is foreign policy, and Kerry represents my feelings on the war on terrorism better then President Bush does.

Bush sees the war on terror as a primarily military effort, with minimal "police" type work needed. Kerry is just the opposite, viewing the war on terror as primarily a police effort with some military effort.

Why do I agree more with Kerry? I don't think that by primarily spreading democracy we are going to be able to eliminate and wage an effective war on terrorism. Neither does Kerry, he feels that no matter where we spread democracy, it will still be possible to hide in some country, so just spreading democracy isn't enough. Plus, are we really going to be able to spread democracy everywhere?

We have to do our part to make sure countries are eliminating terrorism, and that does involve war and invading them at times. I don't think this is even close to all of what we need to do, and I think Kerry realizes this better then Bush does.

We have to do our part to make sure countries are eliminating terrorism, and that does involve war and invading them at times.  I don't think this is even close to all of what we need to do, and I think Kerry realizes this better then Bush does.

95987[/snapback]

So that would be why he spoke out AGAINST invading Afghanistan?

Uh-huh. Well kid, nice to see you've been duped.

Bush sees the war on terror as a primarily military effort, with minimal "police" type work needed.  Kerry is just the opposite, viewing the war on terror as primarily a police effort with some military effort.

95987[/snapback]

You do realize that wars involve military forces that fight for what they believe in....

The terrorist basically want to Kill all of us.... If they could have dropped a nuke they would have...

In war you don't go and get a search warrant in order to fight people who have already attacvk you... Clinton failed to realize this and that is why we kept getting hit around the world until 911. Embassys were bombed, WTC was attacked, USS Cole was attacked...etc. all with token response... thies emboldened (sp) the enemy such that they planned and carried out 911.

Bush said enough is enough! If you are a terrorist or harbor a terroist we will treat you the same.... The stakes are too high to sit and wait to be hit again!

Wake up this is war and we have the best military in the world... time to use it to keep the Homeland safe.

We win if we can dry up the pool of nations from which the terroist can hide and get sanctuary. And kill them before they kill us...

I try to steer clear of discussing politics with co-workers, but with the election tomorrow it has come up a lot today.  I asked five pro-Kerry co-workers today why Kerry was getting their vote. Each and every one of their answers began "Because Bush......"

One of the people I asked was eating lunch at the time.  I guess her answer shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise given the fact that she was having a hot pocket for lunch.  :doh:

95947[/snapback]

meatball & cheese or pepperoni?